Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta scores

Regatta scores

How can a team be 3 days into the regatta and already have over 7,000 points. Especially when they have same amount of racers. It's very discouraging and makes it less fun to play.

A team of four people or more could achieve this fairly easily, especially with a decent amount of prep, and especially with a little t-cash help.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Team of 5 racers. Regatta started yesterday. This morning the leader co-op has already finished with a perfect score of 10,800. 2nd and 3rd teams are not far behind.

I think the seasonal mining tasks tend to result in speedier races than usual, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I think the seasonal mining tasks tend to result in speedier races than usual, too.
    I totally agree. I finished my 16 tasks this morning. 6 were mining tasks.

Mining tasks and the occasional 135 point HOL, helicopter and feeding animals tasks has really helped in finishing faster. A lot of the mystery tasks have been a quick turn around also.

Good morning. With equal points, which criteria are applied? The speed of completion or who discards less tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyIDC View Post
    Good morning. With equal points, which criteria are applied? The speed of completion or who discards less tasks.
    Danny, it's speed of completion, taken from the time of the global regatta start. Dumps only affect your overall GLB score, not your race score.

We picked our first task about 12 hours after the race started, but we did dump some tasks and reserve some. However, the second we picked a task, we saw that the top three teams had already ranked up 2670 points. Looks like the rules have changed. It appears that if you do anything to the task board, you get dumped onto a team at that point. This has happened for the last two races. Anyone else have this experience???

Quote Originally Posted by Greenton View Post
    We picked our first task about 12 hours after the race started, but we did dump some tasks and reserve some. However, the second we picked a task, we saw that the top three teams had already ranked up 2670 points. Looks like the rules have changed. It appears that if you do anything to the task board, you get dumped onto a team at that point. This has happened for the last two races. Anyone else have this experience???
    It has nothing to do with what you do to the board before picking your first task. The regatta starts at the same time for everyone. Please read some of the multitude of threads discussing this very topic. For example, this one.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES