Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Small Town look" Community Building Suggestions and Nautical Building Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by missy. View Post
    Hi dreadnought My wish would be for these to either be (A) alternatives to CBs currently offered (so perhaps we could have a choice of CBs at every level; one person picks the large city building and another person chooses the small-town vibe building) or (B) as new CBs are added at higher levels, perhaps these CBs could be considered. I would prefer option (A) over option (B), but anything would be nice to give our towns more customization options and allow for smaller and more quaint and charming CBs.
    Thanks for clarifying! I do like option A very much - i wish all CBs/houses had at least one other design to choose from!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Hi, _DD_! Yes, there are a LOT, haha! With so many to choose from, maybe some of them might catch the developer's eye. The advantage in my view would be smaller, more quaint and charming community buildings. For me personally, there is nothing charming about the Bakery "factory." It looks like a factory and not like a small-town bakery that I would pop into with a friend to for a tasty homemade concoction, before continuing our stroll onto other shops. I want to make my town a place I would want to visit in real life, with small shops and mom and pop businesses lining the streets to pop into and say hello.

I would just love to see some smaller CBs offered, instead of some of the more glitzy, larger (and not always to my taste) options currently offered.
    Thanks for clarifying OK, so it would be choices for these (which exist already) and an "instead", not additionally.
    I have my doubts that alternatives for the layout of anything will be given, but wouldn't contradict your wish for more small buildings at all. (the contradictions will come, no doubt and as always, once something is introduced, here from high rise lovers .)

Not keen on new things to build and place somewhere w/o more land, though.

I hope for them as CBs rather than decorations so that they will serve the CB purpose of increasing our population and fields while maintaining a small-town vibe for those of us who would choose that look. It could give us a way to customize our towns or cities.

It would make the game more interesting and our cities more diverse. I personally don't care for many of the current CB options and having other choices would be nice.

My ideal city/town would be a walkable place with loads of charm. I love the idea of customization.
    Thank's for the explanation missy. In the first attempt I thought you wish them as an addition. As a choice I confirm they would be perfect as CBs
    I love the idea of customization as well. Individuality is the essence of the fun in designing a town and it is the ingredient that makes visiting other towns interesting.
    Coop-Tag: #NEWFJ6 / #RPM9GN
    Townname: Summerville / Sunnyside
    Town-Lvl: 92 / 50
    Platform: Android / iOS

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Thanks for clarifying! I do like option A very much - i wish all CBs/houses had at least one other design to choose from!
    You're welcome! Me too ... There are many I don't plan to build because they don't make sense to me. It seems some of us have CBs we like and ones we don't care for, so this would give everyone options. And if someone got tired of a CB, perhaps they could build the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    These are all nice ideas, but i need a clarification - would you like to have these community buildings in addition to the ones we already have, or change the look (or have the option to choose between) of some of the existing ones? Like changing the Cafe we have to a new Coffee shop?
    I forgot to clarify -- yes, the Coffee shop would be a separate building from the Cafe. So a town could have both a proper coffee shop and a proper cafe.

So for example --

Level 13, Music Store or Barber Shop

Level 14 Bowling or Bodega/Corner Store

Level 15 Toy Store or Soda Fountain/Pharmacy

Level 16 Photo Center or Bakery (CB)

Level 17-23 (Rocket Ride, Observatory, Library, University, Theater, Art Gallery, Circus) We could leave these and if someone didn't want to build one of them, they could skip that CB. *Asterisks will denote similar levels below.

Level 24 Parking Garage or Antique Store

Level 25 Gas Station*

Level 26 Taxi Company or Hardware Store

Level 27 Drive In or Coffee Shop

Level 28 Office Building*

Level 29 Hotel*

Level 30 TV Station or Department Store

Level 31 TV Tower or Book Store

Level 32 Ferris Wheel*

Level 33 Roller Coaster*

Level 34 Stadium or Five and Dime (like an old Woolworth's with the luncheon counter)

Level 35 Pet Store or Pub/Local watering hole

Level 36 Weather Station or Beach Gift Shop

Level 37 Skydiving School or Bait and Tackle Shop

Level 38 Comic Book Store or Souvenir Shop

Level 39 Coast Guard*

Level 40 Supermarket or Green Grocer

Level 41 Greenhouse or Diner

Level 42 Water Park or Beach Motel

Level 43 Motor Show or Surfboard Shop

Level 44 Hydroelectric Power Plant*

Level 45 Fashion House or Art Movie House (historical deco theaters from the 1900s with pipe organs for silent films)

Level 46 Motion Picture Studio or Beach Gift Shop

Level 47 Municipal Court*

Level 48 Go-Kart Racing or Marina

Level 49 Fitness Center or Lighthouse #2 (another lighthouse for people who want more lighthouse options)

Level 50 Spa or Beach Restaurant

Level 51 Golf Course or Beach Bar

Level 52 Organ Hall*

Level 53 Donut Shop*

Level 54 Race Track or Tug Boat docking station (brainstorming here)

Level 55 Rock Climbing Wall or Key West Hotel

Level 56 Auto Repair Shop*

Level 57 Planetarium*

Level 58 Flower Shop*

Level 59 Horse Track or Lighthouse #3 for players who would like additional lighthouses

Level 60 Music Venue or Nightclub (small towns have night clubs complete with neon signs)

Level 61 Car Wash*

Level 62 Dolphinarium or Yacht Club

Level 63 Lighthouse*

Level 64 Skyscraper*

Level 65 Bike Rental*

Level 66 Kindergarten or ?

Level 67 Canine Center or ?

Level 68 Bank*

* Denotes building that that one could choose to build or skip.

Extremely ambitious wish list. Being around here since the “dark ages” it is always exciting to see ONE of our wishes realized by the Devs. And, of course, dozens of others fall by the wayside or stay forever on the Frequent Wish List.

I’m afraid you’re in for further disappointment since your list is so large and complicated. Some of the items may come in due time - the Devs are frequently editing things (wind turbines, anyone?) so a redesign of things we already have - the cafe, the barber shop, the small market are always possible.

Sorry, to be a Debbie Downer, but based on past experience I don’t see your overall concept going anywhere.
    Level 147
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Extremely ambitious wish list. Being around here since the “dark ages” it is always exciting to see ONE of our wishes realized by the Devs. And, of course, dozens of others fall by the wayside or stay forever on the Frequent Wish List.
    I am a realist. I am familiar with how devs are conservative in implementing changes. But it may spark ideas, and if enough people want smaller CBs or different options for CBs, the concept could become a reality some day.

I’m afraid you’re in for further disappointment since your list is so large and complicated.
    The list is an invitation to everyone on the forum to share their examples of small-town or nautical-themed buildings they would like to see implemented, along with me sharing some of my own ideas. It would not necessarily be "large and complicated" -- it would depend on how the concept was implemented. If the devs add some of these building ideas to future levels, that would not be as involved. Having multiple CBs per level would be more involved, but Playrix could do a test of one level--one choice of two CBs on level 40, for instance.

Some of the items may come in due time - the Devs are frequently editing things (wind turbines, anyone?) so a redesign of things we already have - the cafe, the barber shop, the small market are always possible.
    Yes, a redesign of some buildings is another possibility.

Sorry, to be a Debbie Downer, but based on past experience I don’t see your overall concept going anywhere.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I have seen this theme echoed on this forum: smaller CBs, smaller housing, so it could be possible one day.

I like the idea of choosing between options for town buildings. I tried to hold off on building the ones I hated but found it was impossible to never build them. Would love an old fashioned pharmacy instead of the fashion house (which I've managed to hide almost completely).
    The devs could set up a series of CBs of different types and styles and say you need to pick 10 or 20 to complete your town and let you choose what they are.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017
    While I admire the glass is half full type....
    I'm comfortable with the fact my glass will
    always have a slow and steady leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    I tried to hold off on building the ones I hated but found it was impossible to never build them.
    Katville, I see what you mean. I am doing some calculating for building my next couple of factories and in order to reach the necessary population to build the factories, I will have to build some of the ones I am not as fond of.

Would love an old fashioned pharmacy instead of the fashion house (which I've managed to hide almost completely).
    The fashion house is one of the ones I hope I never have to build. I'll have a look at your town and see how you hid it in case I do have to build it one day.

The devs could set up a series of CBs of different types and styles and say you need to pick 10 or 20 to complete your town and let you choose what they are.
    Yes, and perhaps make all of the interchangeable ones the same size. A 2x2 would replace another 2x2, for example.

Far be it for me to suggest new ways for Playrix to make money, but maybe to unlock the alternatives one would have to pay T-cash? Just a thought.

Without typing a huge paragraph, part of the fun for me is seeing what we've all done with the same available elements and how different each town is. I dislike this idea of choice. That said I dislike a lot of the CBs as they stand. But everyone using the same basic puzzle pieces in a way that shows their personality is interesting to me.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 95
    Zoo level maxed out
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9
    iOS

This sounds alll good and stuff but I wouldn't want anymore CB the reason why is the building stuff takes up so much space i your barn and some times you have to sell them to make room for the stuff you really need. And than when you are at the level you need to get the CB you have to wait because you may have sold them already. Bad enough you need to keep them if you want to do anyhthing with your zoo. Which I always seem to forget I have. If anything I wish they would make warwhouse for all the bulildung stuff we need and keep the barn just for the goods. But that's just me.
    Town Name: Candy Land
    Level 20 having to start over never erase the personal data from game as you will lose everything and I mean everything on all you accounts with the game you are removing the personal data from weather its the same account or not it's not even safe on Facebook. NEVER PRESS IT

Playing on Samsung galaxy note 8
    Co op Name:Lego Candy Land (Leader) TAG # EGY7X9
    REQUEST TO JOIN.