Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Meaning Of Your Name

Mine is my kids favorite toy and my nick name

My name is one I've used for years on a huge variety of forums, ranging from very serious to utter frivolity. It originated back when t'interweb was purely dial up (remember all those chirps and whistles as connections tried desperately to be made?) and when Ask Jeeves was the most popular search engine here in the UK.

Molly was the name of a little tabby and white kitten who had just come to live with us ... the Little Miss part came from the books of the same generic name which my younger daughter loved to read. Molly died of old age earlier this year and said daughter is now an adult with children of her own but the name lives on :-)

My town name - Snorville - is similarly derived haha. Snorlax is my beloved Ragdoll cat who is as besotted with me as I am with him (that's him in my avatar).

Cats seem to be a bit of a running theme with me (and I spend a ridiculous amount of time kitty spotting within the game too).

Johnalex Zarco
    Johnalex Zarco is my computer name. I dont know what its supposed to mean, though I know John is a Biblical name and means "Gift of God". My real first name, Ian, which is of Gaelic origin, means John. Alex is short for Alexander, which is Greek, means "Defender of men". I dont think Zarco has a meaning. The name comes from a yahoo email that is no longer in use and my Mom took it over from my stepfather to create me a Facebook account so I could play Farmville in 2009. Mom let me "borrow" the Johnalex Zarco Facebook account in Until 2016, after which she gave me part ownership of the account. I took the name and began using it for Google in 2014 and have since used the name for computer work.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    The dreadnought is a class of battleships that were heavily used in the early 20th century. The first of its kind, the HMS Dreadnought, belonging to the Royal Navy, was built in 1905. It revolutionized the way warships were built, so after the dreadnought was launched, all previous generations of warships were simply referred to as pre-dreadnoughts.

The main features that made the dreadnought stand out were the uniform heavy-weaponry on board, unmatched by any other previous ships (which usually had a couple of large guns, plus a bunch of small ones), and the steam turbine propulsion, which made her the fastest ship in the world at that time.
    Very cool, Dreadnought! Thanks for sharing!
    I love ships & old locomotives!
    I served on board the USNS Comfort during Operation Desert Storm. It’s a retired oil tanker converted to a hospital ship.

Errm now I feel sily :P
    At the time it was something I was modeling......snickers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Johnalex Zarco is my computer name. I dont know what its supposed to mean, though I know John is a Biblical name and means "Gift of God". My real first name, Ian, which is of Gaelic origin, means John. Alex is short for Alexander, which is Greek, means "Defender of men". I dont think Zarco has a meaning. The name comes from a yahoo email that is no longer in use and my Mom took it over from my stepfather to create me a Facebook account so I could play Farmville in 2009. Mom let me "borrow" the Johnalex Zarco Facebook account in Until 2016, after which she gave me part ownership of the account. I took the name and began using it for Google in 2014 and have since used the name for computer work.
    So Ian is your real name Johnalex . I like your name .

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by ujjwal View Post
    So Ian is your real name Johnalex . I like your name .
    Yes. Technically, the name Johnalex Zarco predates me...

LittleMissMolly - are you adopted by cats when you go on holiday? Whenever and wherever we go a cat (or several) finds me. I wake up to find a cat sleeping on a sun lounger outside the villa, they follow me round ancient monuments, they snooze with me by the pool.... I love cats and like that they know I'm a cat person. My own cat is snoozing by me at the moment and will not be pleased when I decide I need to move!

Yes Ivvie :-) and not only on holiday - I even have a small colony of strays and ferals at my workplace, who have regular meals, straw filled shelters for winter and vet treatment when needed. They seem to know how to find me ... I reckon there must be a cat equivalent of Facebook somewhere that spreads the word haha.

Happy kitty snuggling! Not wanting to disturb a sleeping cat is the best reason ever not to move from the bed/couch

I think you and I must be related LittleMissMolly! My husband says I have an invisible tattoo which only cats can read which says I will feed you, snuggle you and care for you even if you see not technically mine.... I feel honoured that cats like me. By the way your Ragdoll looks gorgeous