My name is obvious.

I tweet a lot.
    That was not directly obvious for me, but I like it, creative and funny

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    That was not directly obvious for me, but I like it, creative and funny

I'm gonna make the world GREAT again.
    Life is never fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Being English, I think Aditi is just beautiful! As is Ashley, but Aditi is new and exotic
    Thanks Nevada and if you want you can call me Aditi when..... I was in Australia it was quite difficult for my friends to call me '' Aditi " They call it "Atiti " So I get annoyed I every time keeps telling that It's Aditi not Atiti !! So I got solution to be Ashley not Aditi....lol!

I just find myself happy with the simple things. Appreciating the blessings God gave me.

The dreadnought is a class of battleships that were heavily used in the early 20th century. The first of its kind, the HMS Dreadnought, belonging to the Royal Navy, was built in 1905. It revolutionized the way warships were built, so after the dreadnought was launched, all previous generations of warships were simply referred to as pre-dreadnoughts.

The main features that made the dreadnought stand out were the uniform heavy-weaponry on board, unmatched by any other previous ships (which usually had a couple of large guns, plus a bunch of small ones), and the steam turbine propulsion, which made it the fastest ship in the world at that time.

The HMS Dreadnought is also the only (confirmed) battleship that sunk a submarine.

And here it is, in all its glory:

The name itself, dreadnought, comes from archaic English and it means a fearless person.

I chose this name mainly because i like warships, and because it fit well with my regatta racing style from about a year ago. Now, if i would have to update it so it would reflect my current racing style, i'd have to find the name of an old defective paddle boat, the kind you would find in some decommissioned amusement park.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-26-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    The dreadnought is a class of battleships that were heavily used in the early 20th century. The first of its kind, the HMS Dreadnought, belonging to the Royal Navy, was built in 1905. It revolutionized the way warships were built, so after the dreadnought was launched, all previous generations of warships were simply referred to as pre-dreadnoughts.
    Interesting I did not know this .

The name itself, dreadnought, comes from archaic English and it means a fearless person.
    I found your name very interesting. I inferred along the lines of do not dread , so a little off, but close .
    Last edited by dreadnought; 08-10-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
    Mary
    Co-op Peoples Choice #PE4MV6
    Town deadend
    Level 89

The main features that made the dreadnought stand out were the uniform heavy-weaponry on board, unmatched by any other previous ships (which usually had a couple of large guns, plus a bunch of small ones), and the steam turbine propulsion, which made her the fastest ship in the world at that time.

The HMS Dreadnought is also the only (confirmed) battleship that sunk a submarine.

And here she is, in all its glory:

I chose this name mainly because i like warships, and because it fit well with my regatta racing style from about a year ago. Now, if i would have to update it so it would reflect my current racing style, i'd have to find the name of an old defective paddle boat, the kind you would find in some decommissioned amusement park.
    Dreadnought is a great name . I had read that the dreadnought was the predominant type of battleship in the early 20th century .
    BTW : U have got a nice avatar . Like dreadnought is battleship name then what is your Avatar name ?
    My Avatar name is Dark Gengar ( it is a name of pokemon ) .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ujjwal; 08-10-2018 at 12:34 PM.

....The name itself, dreadnought, comes from archaic English and it means a fearless person.

Hilarious, Dreadnought is definitely more impressive than some poor defective paddleboat

Dreadnought is... BOATY MCBOATFACE!!!

ETA: For anyone unaware: we launched a new scientific Explorer ship, and gave the public the chance to suggest and vote on what it should be named. Amid famous explorers and the like, someone suggested Boaty McBoatface as a laugh, and it won! (In votes. I don't think it was actually used).
    Last edited by Nevada; 08-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Most Moderator names are scary.

It's true...believe me.

Life is never fair!

I love all the thought everyone put into their names.

My name comes from a combination of my in game town name: Garden Grove- which I chose because the neighborhood I grew up in was called the The Grove and adding in the garden part just sounded so nice. As well as a nod to my Grandmother whose name was Virginia and of course it just so happens that’s also my middle name. Maybe not the most original but yeup that’s me.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.