Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meaning Of Your Name

Being English, I think Aditi is just beautiful! As is Ashley, but Aditi is new and exotic

My name is actually the name of a town that is very special to me.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

I chose Downton for my TS and forum name from a British tv series called Downton Abbey. TBH I wasn't to sure about it early on in the game, but now it has grown on me.

It literally means hill settlement or farmstead on or by the hill, I like the sound of this

ETA I wasn't even an avid watcher of Downton Abbey so why it popped into my head when naming my town is anyones guess,lol.
    Last edited by Downton; 08-11-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Alienmenace;1240538]My user name is Alienmenace - meaning to me is that I'm an "Alien (space) and I'm a menace. Like to some from the past in the United States that read or watched "Dennis the Menace" a comic or tv show of early 1960's.

My given name is "David" - The name David is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name David is: Beloved or friend.
    Nice name u have got Alienmenace .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I chose Downton for my TS and forum name from a British tv series called Downton Abbey. TBH I wasn't to sure about it early on in the game, but now it has grown on me.

It literally means hill settlement or farmstead on or by the hill, I like the sound of this
    Downtown is a good name .

Well Jaat I like both of your names, I think I will miss seeing ujjwal when you get your name changed on the forum, especially now I know it's meaning

Loving your thought of the day also

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Well Jaat I like both of your names, I think I will miss seeing ujjwal when you get your name changed on the forum, especially now I know it's meaning

Loving your thought of the day also
    No worry u can call me either Ujjwal or Jaat when my user name will change.
    EDIT : I also know meaning of Jaat . It means powerful .
    Last edited by ujjwal; 08-09-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Mine is a nickname from school (long long time ago). In the year below me there was a girl called Siobane (pronounced shivon) and she was nicknamed shivvie. My proper name is Yvonne (pronounced ivon which rhymes with Siobane) so I became Ivvie. Yvonne is a French name meaning yew and archer.

The Name of my town in TS is Summerville. I had chosen that name because it sounds like fun and sun and happiness
    My teammates began to call me Summer in the chat, because it's shorter than Summerville. I must confess I like the Nickname summer, even if it was not the intention when I choose my townname. *Lol* when I started the game I didn't thought about the fact that others would call ME by the name of my town *G* but meanwhile it sounds so familiar
    When i registered on the forum I wanted to choose Summer as well, but that name wasn't available. So I took SumSum, the first "sum" as a shorter form of summer and the second "sum" because combined with the first it sounds like the sound of bees flying around in the summertime.
    Towns:
    Summerville, Lvl 107, Android, #NEWFJ6
    Sunnyside , Lvl 66, iOS, #RPM9GN
    Sunshine Valley , Lvl 45, Kindle, #RPM9GN

The Williamston portion of my name is a town I once lived in when attending college..

My name is obvious.

I tweet a lot.