Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Meaning Of Your Name

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    That is certainly a pity that your DH has given up. Your son probably plays rarely only also? I can imagine that playing "in the same house" and being able to talk while you play is much fun.
    Yes, son only plays when I save up "plays" for him in the special events and then he plays things like the airplane event or he loved the Santa one. But he doesn't invest in the game anymore so they are both stuck back in the 60 level while I moved on :/ It was SO much fun to sit together and all three of us play and chat in real life!! I miss it very much, but I do still just love the game so I keep playing. It's just not the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    - Well, you could treat that Coop as homebase and visit somewhere else (the Coop would be most probably demoted, though), OR you could make your Coop "by request" and check out some new folks who'd be visiting/playing with you.
    On inter-seasonal weeks, I actually return to my original coop I started in (that all three of us used to be in) because it is a great, fun, chatty group and I help them towards the goals. Almost like a hop but just a friendly one for visiting and chatting My husband then adds me back to our family coop. I might considering joining another coop for fun but I really do like to race alone for the decorations mostly. Regatta chests and prizes aren't really worth much to me at this point in the game. I'm glad I found this forum though because it is fun to chat here too

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    Talpa = latin for mole.

    I like to lurk in the shadows and dig in the mine. I also taught chemistry for 6.02 x 10 ^23 years.
    Talpa, my high school chemistry teacher had a giant mole costume and would let everyone borrow the costume for a weekend. You could earn a small amount of extra credit if you took pictures of yourself in costume around town making mole puns. Ex: ordering guaca-mole at a Mexican restaurant. I still have my pics somewhere

  3. #63
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    On inter-seasonal weeks, I actually return to my original coop I started in (that all three of us used to be in) because it is a great, fun, chatty group and I help them towards the goals. Almost like a hop but just a friendly one for visiting and chatting My husband then adds me back to our family coop. I might considering joining another coop for fun but I really do like to race alone for the decorations mostly. ...
    So you have your fun alternative already, good! I have a similar playing style for getting the decos, and I switch for Interseasonal, too, but atm, for example, am in a different Coop to "meet a friend (ingame)", n/p as I have all deco from the Yacht Club already that I wanted. Nice new ppl, and all that and just another idea.
    Because, with the latest changes, the chaos&demand-zoo and the silly tools-exchange, I start to understand those veteran players more who say it's only the ppl whom one can meet that keep them in the game.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Talpa, my high school chemistry teacher had a giant mole costume and would let everyone borrow the costume for a weekend. You could earn a small amount of extra credit if you took pictures of yourself in costume around town making mole puns. Ex: ordering guaca-mole at a Mexican restaurant. I still have my pics somewhere
    How wonderful Kitty!
    My students used to celebrate International Mole day every year, I now have a generous collection of mole toys. We also used to bake mole cakes and sing mole songs.

  5. #65
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Kitsykoo has been my gaming name for years. It actually was the name of my cat, that I had for over 20 years.

  6. #66
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsykoo View Post
    Kitsykoo has been my gaming name for years. It actually was the name of my cat, that I had for over 20 years.
    Hi Kitsykoo,

    welcome to posting
    In that case, one would have to ask (curiously) for the meaning of HER name - is there one, foreign language bits or such?

  7. #67
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesa az View Post
    Simple were I live
    aww... what happened to Mesa?? gone??
    2019-03-25 Mesa-min.png
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-25-2019 at 09:40 PM.

  8. #68
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    13
    My forum name F106lady. Many moons ago I was a USAF crew chief (fighter jet mechanic). My first and favorite aircraft to work on was the F-106. When I got into the hobby of military collectables (GI Joe size) several years ago there were oodles of forums and I began using F106lady, and have stuck to that screen name since.

    My town name, New Jerusalem, is kind of obvious. When I started a co-op I had been kicking around some names, wanting it to be different - original. I love studying the Bible and the original Hebrew words/phrases, so when I stumbled across Towdah & its meaning I chose that one. Towdah (pronounced tō·dä) is a Hebrew word meaning ‘praise the LORD’; when I read the expanded definition it just fit - an extension of the hand in adoration, avowal or acceptance. In Psalms and elsewhere it is used for thanking God for ‘things not received’ as well as things clearly at hand. It fit because I wanted the co-op to be built on the foundation of generosity.
    Last edited by F106lady; 04-27-2019 at 02:29 AM.

  9. #69
    Interesting story behind your forum name F106lady, and I love all the thought you put into your Co-op name .

  10. #70
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Interesting story behind your forum name F106lady, and I love all the thought you put into your Co-op name .
    Yeah and sometimes my thoughts backfire... the puppy we recently adopted, the rescue organization told us he was a beagle. I chose the name Zeke, short for Ezekiel, which means strength of God. Turns out Zeke is probably not a beagle, but a much larger tri-color coonhound - we expect him to be 70 bs (+/- 10 lbs) when fully grown - huge and *STRONG*. Strong enough to wrench my arm and shoulder when I take him for a walk. Yeah the name ‘Zeke’ definitely appropriate lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •