Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Meaning Of Your Name

"Buckeyes" are a tree grown in Ohio, USA ; the nuts are a dark, shiny brown. My dad called me that when I was tiny 'cause my eyes are so dark. My real name is Victoria, which simply means "victory" or "victorious"--and I was named after the English queen of that name!

I named my town Mayfield after the town where the Cleavers lived in Leave It To Beaver TV show from the late 1950s/ early 1960s.

I thought about Springfield (Father Knows Best) but there are several real towns with that name.

I have since friended a Mayberry in this game.

I'm still looking for a Warfield (Ozzie and Harriet).
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-25-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
    "Buckeyes" are a tree grown in Ohio, USA ; the nuts are a dark, shiny brown. My dad called me that when I was tiny 'cause my eyes are so dark. ...
    hi Victoria, and welcome to the forum + thanks for the explanation! I had just seen your other post from today, and had been wondering what it could mean

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I named my town Mayfield after the town where the Cleavers lived in Leave It To Beaver TV show from the late 1950s/ early 1960s.
    I thought about Springfield (Father Knows Best) but there are several real towns with that name.
    I have since friended a Mayberry in this game.
    I'm still looking for a Warfield (Ozzie and Harriet).
    LOL, Mayfield - a definite thanks for your explanation also! I don't know ANY of this, but at least got the general background now