Thread: Did not receive Regatta Reward chest -- chest disappeared after power outage

Did not receive Regatta Reward chest -- chest disappeared after power outage

Hello,

During the Interseasonal Regatta, I earned one chest as a reward, a golden chest. I had three tasks to complete to earn the golden chest. The last task I completed (in order to collect my prize, I had to do all three tasks since I am the only member in my co-op) was to collect 23 peaches. I collected the last two peaches with 20 hours to spare, and saw my golden chest reward in the rewards area (the rewards chest showed up there). Shortly afterwards, the electricity went out in my home, my router went down, and I lost my internet connection. I was on my iPad at the time.

I opened my phone and used my cellular connection to reconnect to the game. I normally do not play on my cellular connection, but there was something time-sensitive (I forget what) and I wanted to complete it.

When I opened the game on my phone, it did not show my Regatta rewards golden chest. It also did not show my peaches task as complete. Instead, it had an X through my Peaches task. I immediately sent a note to support. As an aside, I had a couple of other unanswered support requests (yes, I replied to every response from them including automatic replies).

I noticed some other things were different in my town. Trains had arrived on my cell phone but they had different requests than the trains had on my iPad. The power outage seemed to have caused disruptions. So I deleted the game from my iPad and reinstalled it, hoping that would fix the problem.

When the power came back on, I returned to my iPad. But my Regatta chest reward still did not show up. And the peaches task still had an X through it.

Also, on my iPad, I noticed my latest support ticket was nowhere to be found, although it still appeared on my phone. The last communication from support on my iPad was July 18. The last communication from support on my iPhone is Aug. 2 in which they apologized for the delayed response for an older issue (that issue still remains unresolved). Because I still have a record of the support request on my iPhone, I do not want to delete and reinstall the game there. Everything else on my phone and my iPad seems to be identical.

I am hoping I can get help here, since my support tickets appear to not be reaching support (and yes, I respond to every support response, including the automatic tickets). I am concerned about participating in the Regatta if rewards can disappear. Thank you.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:20 AM. Reason: correction

Hi missy sorry to hear you've had such a nightmare . The problems you're having will need help from playrix. If you click here you can send a PM to Anna Petrova (a member playrix staff)who should be able to help you..

Also it is never a good idea to uninstall township when you do not have the internet connected to the device you are uninstalling it from.

Hope you get this resolved, and maybe someone can offer you more help on the forum than I am able to. Good luck and please let us know how you get on .

It would help to PM the ticket ID to Anna, too.
    She described it >> here <<

If the one on the iPhone and the iPAD should be different (I assume just an update/date difference), send both.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Hi missy sorry to hear you've had such a nightmare . The problems you're having will need help from playrix. If you click here you can send a PM to Anna Petrova (a member playrix staff)who should be able to help you..

Also it is never a good idea to uninstall township when you do not have the internet connected to the device you are uninstalling it from.

Hope you get this resolved, and maybe someone can offer you more help on the forum than I am able to. Good luck and please let us know how you get on .
    Thank you, Downton! I appreciate the advice and link. My note wasn't very clear; I waited until the power was back on before I reinstalled the game on my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    It would help to PM the ticket ID to Anna, too.
    She described it >> here <<

If the one on the iPhone and the iPAD should be different (I assume just an update/date difference), send both.

Good luck!
    Thank you, _DD_! I will take your advice and send the ticket info to Anna. I think it is probably two different ones but I will check to make sure.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:21 AM. Reason: correction

Thank you all.

I have reached out to Anna and left her a PM.

The ticket ID / Issue IDs on the iPhone and iPad are different. I gave her both. Thanks again! Will wait and see what happens.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:21 AM. Reason: correction

You're very welcome missy, I have my fingers crossed for you and hope it gets resolved.

oha, that is unexpected, and just shows that it was prolly a good idea to contact Anna. Hopefully she'll have time before the weekend.

It is (still) the same town now? or do they seem to be drifting apart? I'm never sure in this context, with two devices... not sure it IS a problem at all now, but maybe you'd better ask Graylady (in PM, if need be) whether it's wise to play on both devices at the moment, or which to choose. Or if you still have the overview, the better!
    Fingers crossed, too, and don't forget to report back here!

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    You're very welcome missy, I have my fingers crossed for you and hope it gets resolved.
    Thank you, Downton! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    oha, that is unexpected, and just shows that it was prolly a good idea to contact Anna. Hopefully she'll have time before the weekend.

It is (still) the same town now? or do they seem to be drifting apart? I'm never sure in this context, with two devices... not sure it IS a problem at all now, but maybe you'd better ask Graylady (in PM, if need be) whether it's wise to play on both devices at the moment, or which to choose. Or if you still have the overview, the better!
    Fingers crossed, too, and don't forget to report back here!
    Both devices show the same town. There is usually not any problem with syncing; I am connected to the Game Center so the same game loads for me whether I open it on my iPad or my iPhone. The only thing I have noticed is with notifications; I seem to get different or delayed notifications on each device, but I am not concerned about it -- this is something I noticed from the first day I started playing Township. As for the recent issues, I think the power outage is what caused the glitch.

I imagine Anna is very busy, so I won't expect her to get to it before the weekend. If she does, great and if not, it is only one chest (although my first chest! hehe) so I am not too concerned. Hopefully the support ticket snafu can be fixed so that I can send and receive support tickets normally.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:22 AM. Reason: correction

Thanks for the further explanations, missy., and your re-assuring me, lol! sounds good and convincing, so, fingers crossed for you, incl. for the ticket procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by missy. View Post

Both devices show the same town. There is usually not any problem with syncing; I am connected to the Game Center so the same game loads for me whether I open it on my iPad or my iPhone. The only thing I have noticed is with notifications; I seem to get different or delayed notifications on each device, but I am not concerned about it -- this is something I noticed from the first day I started playing Township. As for the recent issues, I think the power outage is what caused the glitch.

I imagine Anna is very busy, so I won't expect her to get to it before the weekend. If she does, great and if not, it is only one chest (although my first chest! hehe) so I am not too concerned. Hopefully the support ticket snafu can be fixed so that I can send and receive support tickets normally.