Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Praise of Calm, Serene Towns

In Praise of Calm, Serene Towns

Cobalt has trilled us, wowed us with many types of towns - often featuring artistic features, graphic design, landscape and deco wallopoloosas. All interesting to visit, many with an “I sure wouldn’t want to live there” vibe.

Often when a new feature or deco element is introduced, I like to tour towns on my friends list to see the item(s) on the ground or in action. Sometimes I am looking for inspiration in how to handle an obnoxiously ugly CB. In doing these visits I am often amazed at how few towns are easy to wander around in, because too much frenetic activity greets you the minute you step in. Hitting you visually - “LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!” Left, right, up and down - busy-ness everywhere. Often I give up the search after just a few seconds and move on to another town.

There are 3 really, really calm, serene towns on my friend list that allow me to mosey around, search out what I am looking for with great ease, and leave when I am done as calmly as I entered in. Sandy (Truck Taz), Zena’s Greenlands, and Ralph’s town now managed by Gerry - My Little Town. They each give off a totally different design vibe, but don’t assault your visual senses with overdone decorating excess.

So, thank you Sandy, Zena, Gerry for always making my visits extremely pleasant. Of course, when I return to my own hometown, I feel it is TOO BUSY and needs CALMING DOWN. I need to get to work on that and would love any of your suggestions!
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Well expanded town seems to looks pretty and peaceful !! I had visited your town it is quite beautiful Nana!!

I just find myself happy with the simple things. Appreciating the blessings God gave me.

Thank you, Ashley. Very kind.
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Should Alinas town be mentioned here? I feel like I remember that being very calm...?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Hi Nevada. I don’t know who Alina is. I pretty much used my own friend list, but I am sure you and others know of such towns and can add them.
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

I am unable to find these towns , wondering why I always cannot fund towns
    Mary
    Co-op Peoples Choice #PE4MV6
    Town deadend
    Level 89

I love your town too, Nana, and I go for an inspirational poke around on the regular.

I know when I felt the need to de-clutter I took inspiration from someone or other that I visited and got rid of most of my different paving, just leaving grass underneath a lot of it. I had intended to redo it, but then I decided it looked far less fussy with grass without the end to juggle anything and risk ruining my layout. Maybe that's a place to start for you too..? Easy enough to put it back if you don't like the look anyway, lol.

Yep, Bess - pavement and over landscaping seem to be my downfall. Often I use pavement so townies can move about, but then that adds to the “busy-ness” feel of things. Quite the conundrum.
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Quote Originally Posted by Marybelle Simac View Post
    I am unable to find these towns , wondering why I always cannot fund towns
    Maybe this will help: (co-op codes)

Sandy MERC8Y
    Gerry FNQXQ3
    Zena SDDP3S
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Thanks Nana for coop codes now i can visit these calm and beautiful towns .