Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    BTW, re Prehistoric World deco, after the Aerial thingy is over, I noticed today I "had to" get the "primeval painter" (how does one pronounce that anyway -- prime-evil? lol), because the "Color Splash" event starts in 12 days accord. to the banner, and I had to prepare my entry area with 'all artists'

Screenshot 2018-08 12 days till color splash-min.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    BTW, re Prehistoric World deco, after the Aerial thingy is over, I noticed today I "had to" get the "primeval painter" (how does one pronounce that anyway -- prime-evil? lol), because the "Color Splash" event starts in 12 days accord. to the banner, and I had to prepare my entry area with 'all artists'

Screenshot 2018-08 12 days till color splash-min.jpg
    I like your idea, just bought a second mammoth (who wouldn't be without it? ), because of 600 tokens and still some tasks to do.
    Very useful for a next exposition, maybe you can add some chalk drawings from the zoo?

Happy Towning
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 08-25-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Quote Originally Posted by RuuddeWilde View Post
    I like your idea, just bought a second mammoth (who wouldn't be without it? ), because of 600 tokens and still some tasks to do.
    Very useful for a next exposition, maybe you can add some chalk drawings from the zoo?
    yep, was glad I had enough tokens this time also, esp. for a deco I didn't really mean to buy!
    If I got that right, you bought the 2nd mammoth cos of the tokens (and cos it looks good!), not because of its creative behavio(u)r? *g*
    I love the chalk drawings from the zoo! (but think the little scene would get too full/restless/unruhig, and there is no artist doing them) Here I am afraid my 2 spectators might trample over them... see, I had to add that flying sheep, as companion both for my favo(u)rite dragon AND the painter, but who knows how long it can stay up there!! ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    yep, was glad I had enough tokens this time also, esp. for a deco I didn't really mean to buy!
    If I got that right, you bought the 2nd mammoth cos of the tokens (and cos it looks good!), not because of its creative behavio(u)r? *g*
    I love the chalk drawings from the zoo! (but think the little scene would get too full/restless/unruhig, and there is no artist doing them) Here I am afraid my 2 spectators might trample over them... see, I had to add that flying sheep, as companion both for my favo(u)rite dragon AND the painter, but who knows how long it can stay up there!! ;-D
    Well, maybe some day I get the redesigning creeps again and put the two mammies next to each other to make a new entrance in the zoo. There I feel no limits to do so.

About the chalk drawings, while writing my thoughts were indeed 'if you have room for it'. And after 60 sunny days the rain of today maybe runes the view...
    But I ll give it a try as soon as the next event is near
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

In the Okanagan region of my province there are many vineyards, large and small...one is named Painted Rock Winery and it is where my daughter and son-in-law got married last summer. (I have no other affiliation with the winery but I can recommend their wine lol������������)
    The winery sits on a bench overlooking the lake and gets its name from the pictographs on the rock bluff above the winery. They are around 500 years old and i’m pretty sure they were painted by people, not sheep, but I plan to try to recreate the scene in my town. It will take me awhile to get to the land expansions where i plan to put it but it does give me something to work towards.������

Edit: I keep forgetting my regular emojis won’t work....thumbs up and geeky glasses smiley
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Well, maybe some day I get the redesigning creeps again and
    young man, at lvl 88 you're young enough to plan a LOT of redesigning!

And after 60 sunny days the rain of today maybe runes the view...
    But I ll give it a try as soon as the next event is near
    didn't count the sunny days, and yesterday and today still had more sun than rain! Let us know when the event is near enough for your new design!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    In the Okanagan region of my province there are many vineyards, large and small...one is named Painted Rock Winery and it is where my daughter and son-in-law got married last summer. ...
    The winery sits on a bench overlooking the lake and gets its name from the pictographs on the rock bluff above the winery. They are around 500 years old and i’m pretty sure they were painted by people, not sheep, but I plan to try to recreate the scene in my town.
    That sounds - and looks - fabulous*, Magnolia (Maggie?), thanks for sharing!
    * Apart from the bad surprise that no sheep painted them...

I googled it and found a link, alas w/o the rock painting, if I see that right -
    try this LINK - I hope it works...

but it's a great plan! much variety for you to create
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-25-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks _DD_! The pictographs are like the winery’s logo.

Edit: the logo is just one of many pictographs....my guess is that it was picked because it looks like glass rings??
    More are shown here:
    http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/ca...n_rock_art.php
    Last edited by Magnolia Township; 08-25-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Thanks, Magnolia! didn't find such a site before wow, a whole new topic! (for lack of better word - well, they use other words than cave painting only, but I won't learn them all - not OT either, as even Stonehenge is mentioned there! lol)
    fascinating, didn't know it was so 'huge' and all over the world.
    Apart from much green, I am really curious how you will "build" it!

I have a vineyard in storage that (i think) i got with a tcash package...
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I have a vineyard in storage that (i think) i got with a tcash package...
    ooh I remember that! I couldn't get it for some reason, but it was extremely cute
    now, and the painted rocks..?

(the original was posted earlier, but walked away )
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.