Thread: Is it a weird barn strategy?

Is it a weird barn strategy?

Heya guys!

My name's Athelvald (City). Nice to meet you all! It's also my first post here as well and I'm delighted. I've been playing for around 6 months (3 to my gf's city and 3 on my own) and, of course, I love the game.

I came up with a kinda weird strategy to earn many barn space before getting the city too big in terms of production, factories and buildings. So here it is:

I'm lvl 55, 4300 population. Since I was level 52, I've been selling all materials for community buildings. I'm fine here. So, I don't get more than the Mexican Restaurant and the three Feed Mills (and all the animal farms). I'm not building the third Foundry, the Furniture Factory, the Shoes Factory, etc. Well, at least not yet. I only keep the Barn material and keep growing and growing its space.

So what do I get from this?

1- THIS IS THE MAIN POINT, BUT IT'S JUST MY GUESS AFTER PLAYING SOME MONTHS: The game algorithm only allows the helicopter orders to ask me for products I could have thanks to my current level, but not thanks to the factories I still don't have. So I ignore these orders, or I get the goodies from the Market/coops if I really NEED to fill them (which is rare to happen). The Trains and Planes will ONLY ask me for goods I can produce in my current factories, not the ones related to my level. So if I'm 55, the helicopter orders can ask me about shoes and furniture, because I do have enough level to build their factories; but the Train and the Plane orders will NEVER ask me for it. (I hope I've explained that well!)
    2- My city is still playable 100%. I mean: I can mine, improve my factories, do tasks for regattas, send my planes and trains, send many helicopter orders as well, I can expand the city and send my ships... Everything's normal, but the fact I don't build any community buildings and I sell all these materials.
    3- Soooo... This strategy will take my barn to have a big amount of space in some weeks or months, I guess. For the time being, it's working efficiently!
    4- And when I decide my barn is huge enough, I will start widening my city again by building new factories, new houses, etc. Am I loosing the happy moments that the Furniture and next Factories could bring me? Maybe. But I prefer to be prepared for further levels before I read again that obnoxious message of "your Barn is full".

What do you think, players? Is it just a village idiot strategy? A weird one? Do I think out of the box? Will I ever get the 250 T-cash from the Township Mobile Facebook page questions?

Keep rocking!

Hi Athelvald, nice to meet you!

The principle is sound, imo, and some people do just as you describe, either deliberately or because they can't keep up with community buildings anyway. The only thing I'd say is that I believe planes can, indeed ask for goods once you reach the level for a given factory. Trains won't, though, because unlike heli and plane orders, you don't have an option to send them away unfilled. The planes don't matter much in practice, unless you regularly do plane/mystery regatta tasks, in which case you could potentially be caught out and inconvenienced. It doesn't happen often though, as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-02-2018 at 08:25 PM.

You understand very well how the barn is the center of the whole game. If you can play multiple time a day, I would add upgrading your trains to 50% time at the same time. Always treat them as a top priority.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

There are many players using this strategy, but in order to be even more effective, you should keep few building materials in your barn anyway. If you constantly keep your building materials at zero, the algorithm will think you have none, so you're in dire need of them, so the trains will bring more CB materials than barn materials. Keeping about 10 slabs/bricks/glass in your barn should do the trick.

And as Graylady said, make upgrading your trains a priority, before continuing with working on your factories.

Thanks for the answers, guys! I guessed someone could have realised about that strategy, but haven't found it on your threads.

I'm currently upgrading my trains, by the way I'll try to keep some building materials (at least, enough to build zoo stuff) and the Barn will be upgraded soon again! I haven't received any plane order asking for goods I can't produce yet. I hope it'll keep being that way, then!

I also save 5 or 6 products from each type (but more cheese, sugar, etc.) and I'm working almost always with the x2 crops Booster. It kinda suits the strategy!

Thanks and keep rocking, guys!

This is a strategy that I use and I still get "full barn" warnings. and I agree it is not idea you can easily find on this forum. I guess the premise of Township is to build a town as soon as you can, but then many players forget how stressful and the negative impact this can bring to their gaming when the barn is full all of the time and constantly waiting for things to be made because you don't have to space to store them to completely load a plane.

I was lucky that for a long time my planes always asked me for stuff I could make. Heli orders you can quickly delete it if you can't fulfill it. Nowadays I can rely on friends to fill the gap in case I can't produce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Athelvald View Post
    Thanks for the answers, guys! I guessed someone could have realised about that strategy, but haven't found it on your threads
    I think many people probably came into this game with the usual mindset of 'fast progress = game success". For a lot of us, the realisation gradually dawns that this game doesn't work like that - in Township the enjoyment is the journey, not reaching the 'end'. And that's a journey best enjoyed with a modicum of patience, imo. So you will see discussions of that general ethos here, as well as us telling people it's fine not to feel obligated to get every factory (since it just increases the demand on your barn). But you're right, I'm not sure I've seen it posted about so explicitly either. It's talked about more as a general "woah Nellie" kind of thing, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I think many people probably came into this game with the usual mindset of 'fast progress = game success". For a lot of us, the realisation gradually dawns that this game doesn't work like that - ...
    very well said IMO.

It's talked about more as a general "woah Nellie" kind of thing, lol
    erm... yeah. whatever that means "over there". ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

erm... yeah. whatever that means "over there". ;-p
    Forgive me the culturally-specific reference, _DD_, as it only reiterates what I already made clear. It just means slow down. Steady on. Cool your boots. Smell the roses. Hold your horses. It's the journey, not the destination. Etc etc. Hahaha!

Free bonus idiom. You don't get that everywhere, lol

Free bonus idiom. You don't get that everywhere, lol
    LOL, thanks! and you're "forgiven", of course. Love your explanations (außer die Pferde gehen mit Dir durch )
    It was just funny IMO esp in this context about searching in the forum for formerly mentioned...
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-03-2018 at 08:17 AM.