Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opted out for regatta but still shows "racing"

opted out for regatta but still shows "racing"

the option doesn't do its supposed function. i opted out for this week's regatta, but the co-op list still shows i'm "racing".

Everyone can participate in the inter seasonal regatta. Opted in or out. I do not know why you see yourself as being in but if you check with your team mates, they will tell you that for them you are out.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Did you opt out before or after the start of the regatta? Also, take note that everyone can participate in the interseasonal regatta racing nor not.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Even if they were opted out before the start of the regatta, the system show Participating to THEM only. For everyone else, they are NON-participating. Probably to remind them they can participate anyway.

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

This is an interesting topic. One of our coop members was opt out for several weeks because of a long journey. This member wasn't online for the whole time and came back just some days ago. So he didn't know about the changes in the intersesonal regatta. Last week, in the last race of the main season, he couldn't see the taskbord because he was opted out. He doesn't change that option because he's still busy with other thing. That means: still opted out. Yesterday he klicked on to the regatta building and was shocked to see the available tasks. He had immediately choosen a task and started to work on it, because he thought he accidentally changed his regatta status without noticing it and didn't wanted to be an obstruction for the team. He told us in the chat about it and we explained the changes in the intersesonal regatta to him.

The only thing I would like to know is: He swears he hasn't changed his regatta status knowingly. But the coop building shows him as "taking part in the regatta". Dose the status change temporarily if you do tasks in the intersesonal and is set back to the former "opt out" after the interseasonal ends? Or stays the status "opt out" even if you do tasks in the interseasonal and it is more likely that he changed the option without recognizing it?

ETA: Your post came online while I was typing Graylady. I think this hints to the last option, that he changed the option without recognizing. Otherwise I wouldn't see a changed status, if I understand your explanation right, is it?
    Last edited by SumSum; 08-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.

No, he did not changed his setting. The game did but only for himself. If you check in the co-op building, you will see that player as a NON racer.

That's the funny thing: we all see him as "taking part" in the coop building. Not only he himself

ETA: I don't know what phrase is used exactly in the English in-game version. In German the status says "nimmt Teil" which is literally translated as " takes part"
    Last edited by SumSum; 08-01-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    That's the funny thing: we all see him as "taking part" in the coop building. Not only he himself
    Ok... just checked in my co-op. Seem like their setting show racing in the co-op building AFTER they have taken a task.

I do not know what will happen to that setting at the end of this regatta. I would think it will get back to the initial setting (non racing for many).

From what I know about programming Playrix has to change everyone to racing so that all members receive the rewards whether they are racing or not. So if they have not racing clicked it will automatically go back to that next week. The nice thing about this week is you can do a task or not, your choice.
    Hope this helps.
    Happy
    Town Level 153

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Ok... just checked in my co-op. Seem like their setting show racing in the co-op building AFTER they have taken a task.

I do not know what will happen to that setting at the end of this regatta. I would think it will get back to the initial setting (non racing for many).
    Thanks for checking in your coop Graylady So I will watch and see what happens to the status on Monday when the interseasonal ends.