Thread: Interseasonal Regatta Stats - a small "Quirk" to be aware of...

Interseasonal Regatta Stats - a small "Quirk" to be aware of...

I'm thrilled that we now have a stats page for the interseasonal regatta! It will be very helpful for my co-op to keep track of how many chests each of us has completed instead of having to constantly ask in chat "Who's done with their 9 chests?" etc....

There is one small annoyance though that I wanted to bring to people's attention in case you didn't notice it.

Say there is a chest with 3 tasks in it. Bob picks task 1, Jane picks task 2, and Sally picks task 3. Bob and Jane both finish their tasks and log off the game for a little while. Sally still has her game open, and she finishes task 3 which completes the entire chest. So at this point, technically Bob, Jane and Sally should all have credit for 1 completed chest. However, if you look at the Statistics page, only Sally will show 1/9 collected chests (Bob and Jane will still show 0/9). This is because the player actually has to "collect" the chest (open the regatta window and have the chest move to their rewards tab). So the statistics page will not show 1/9 for Bob or Jane until they both open up Township again and "collect" their completed chest.

Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. If a player is offline, their "collected" chest statistic might not be truly reflective of the number of chests they have completed. Once they open the game again, they might instantly get credit for several additional chests.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 07-31-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks, Kitty!
    I was "Sally" in your scenario, and was racking my brain trying to figure out why Bob and Jane still needed 1 more chest each to reach their 9.

This is why I’m here to look up. My team is FINALLY trying to earn chest together rather then us all doing separate chest. We are doing this because I read that, as long as we participate in a chest, we will get credit for it.
    Refreshing or signing in the game has not done a thing for me or my teammates. Why?? For instance, I have done 2 tasks on 5 chests and 1 task on 2 chests, yet o on,y show earning 2 chests. They are all colored by the way.
    Do you think they changed the game rules? If they did, they never tell us in the Regatta rules on the board!

I just know that myself and my teammates are pretty mad right now and feeling cheated. Others are doing chests by themselves and some have 9 tasks done and 5 chests earned! This wasn’t the case last months. What’s going on?
    Please help. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CheriByGrace View Post
    This is why I’m here to look up. My team is FINALLY trying to earn chest together rather then us all doing separate chest. We are doing this because I read that, as long as we participate in a chest, we will get credit for it.
    Refreshing or signing in the game has not done a thing for me or my teammates. Why?? For instance, I have done 2 tasks on 5 chests and 1 task on 2 chests, yet o on,y show earning 2 chests. They are all colored by the way.
    Do you think they changed the game rules? If they did, they never tell us in the Regatta rules on the board!

I just know that myself and my teammates are pretty mad right now and feeling cheated. Others are doing chests by themselves and some have 9 tasks done and 5 chests earned! This wasn’t the case last months. What’s going on?
    Please help. Thank you.
    Don't panic!

Yes, you only need to do one task in a chest, but you won't earn that chest until all the tasks in it are completed. So make sure your team mates are able and willing to do the remaining tasks.

Are all the tasks completed in the chests you haven't earned?
    Town: Salmiya
    Level: 136 Zoo: 45
    Android via Play Store
    Note Pro 12.2

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    I'm thrilled that we now have a stats page for the interseasonal regatta! It will be very helpful for my co-op to keep track of how many chests each of us has completed instead of having to constantly ask in chat "Who's done with their 9 chests?" etc....

There is one small annoyance though that I wanted to bring to people's attention in case you didn't notice it.

Say there is a chest with 3 tasks in it. Bob picks task 1, Jane picks task 2, and Sally picks task 3. Bob and Jane both finish their tasks and log off the game for a little while. Sally still has her game open, and she finishes task 3 which completes the entire chest. So at this point, technically Bob, Jane and Sally should all have credit for 1 completed chest. However, if you look at the Statistics page, only Sally will show 1/9 collected chests (Bob and Jane will still show 0/9). This is because the player actually has to "collect" the chest (open the regatta window and have the chest move to their rewards tab). So the statistics page will not show 1/9 for Bob or Jane until they both open up Township again and "collect" their completed chest.

Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. If a player is offline, their "collected" chest statistic might not be truly reflective of the number of chests they have completed. Once they open the game again, they might instantly get credit for several additional chests.
    Thank you for pointing it out, but it's always been this way.
    I think if they changed it there would be others pointing out they lose track etc.
    I don't think it really matters when the chests are collected, as if you look at the bottom of your task window it tells you the chest is complete.
    Sally can see the 3 tasks in the chest and see they are all complete.
    I always check my list to see what's done etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Thank you for pointing it out, but it's always been this way.
    I think if they changed it there would be others pointing out they lose track etc. ...
    kitty's post that you replied to is from July 2018, when at least the stats page in Interseasonal was new.
    The thread was only re-activated today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiosnic View Post
    Don't panic!

Yes, you only need to do one task in a chest, but you won't earn that chest until all the tasks in it are completed. So make sure your team mates are able and willing to do the remaining tasks.

Are all the tasks completed in the chests you haven't earned?
    thank you. I did eventually figure it all out. It wasn’t so much about when WE signed into the game as it was about getting credit for the chest once the entire chest was finished. So all was good in the end. Thanks.

I’d like to respond for the sake of others who may be searching this topic to warn them of another issue...

beware of new players who, by default, can ALL play Interseasonal Regatta players would start a task in a chest that we would normally have dumped! So we were stuck with having to finish it! Of course I posted our rules about asking before starting a chest to make sure others can do the other tasks, but with new ppl joining, and even other members that just aren’t very trained yet or willing to do what you ask, this raised havoc for us!

i also think leaders should be able to block ppl from Interseasonal too because for whatever reason my co op was placed as a “suggested team to join” during the event (Excuse me, I forgot the name) when we got all kinds of double goodies, etc (LOVED THAT event! was like the old days when Township used to give us all those things, before they gradually kept asking us for more, but taking more away that they give us. Anyway.. during this event I had so many ppl joining the Coop. It was crazy! Some were really disturbed ppl, probably trolls, but my point is,

beware of players staring a chest without checking with the leader or the team, or you’ll either be stuck having to finish chests you never wanted, or you’ll have to dump the chest and lose the credit for any tasks done in it.
    Hope your teams go well.
    thanks.
    Last edited by CheriByGrace; 12-26-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheriByGrace View Post

beware of players staring a chest without checking with the leader or the team, or you’ll either be stuck having to finish chests you never wanted, or you’ll have to dump the chest and lose the credit for any tasks done in it.
    Maybe I’m misunderstanding but you don’t lose a completed task if you dump the chest, meaning, all completed tasks go toward the team goals. But if it’s dumped, the chest can’t go toward any individual.

My team does this regularly, in fact, because we intentionally work on the team goal first and then individual rewards. We take and finish whatever tasks we can, dump the chests with difficult tasks that nobody wants to do, then work on completing chests. But we have a small team so there’s plenty to pick from.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 102 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9