Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Christmas T-Cash gifts

  1. #11
    I am not talking about real money being sent and I wouldn't like that too much either. I am sorry if I didn't clarify that. I was referring to only adding TCASH as a option. I think playrix would be better able to set the cap up to their discretion.

    Instead of getting a decoration that I don't really like, such as the ones we have available right now during Friends' day, I would prefer to get Tcash (like a gift card to your favorite store in real life) to actually buy something I would prefer to display or even spend it in any way I see more fit for my town.

  2. #12
    I understand your reasoning re the gifts, but for me, tcash is real money, as it's a game currency for which I pay with real money.
    That is also why Playrix wants us so often to pay with TC instead of coins or ingame products.

    This is IMO part of the different views on "gifting money" that I mentioned above.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I understand your reasoning re the gifts, but for me, tcash is real money, as it's a game currency for which I pay with real money.
    That is also why Playrix wants us so often to pay with TC instead of coins or ingame products.

    This is IMO part of the different views on "gifting money" that I mentioned above.
    I understand, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that the gifter paid in Tcash (not coins or in game products) for the friendship's deco which is why these decos are even more special. I just think the Tcash can bring more benefit than discomfort.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    I understand, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that the gifter paid in Tcash (not coins or in game products) for the friendship's deco which is why these decos are even more special. I just think the Tcash can bring more benefit than discomfort.
    I understand why you feel cash is more beneficial than in-kind gift. There's the debate of which is the better welfare measure: in-kind transfer or cash transfer? Economists all argue that cash is better than in-kind subsidies, but the welfare system is still using food stamps and medicaid ("free" health insurance benefit for the poor) instead of just giving welfare recipients cash and let them decide what they want to buy: food, health insurance or else. Although I've seen someone using food stamp to buy food and got cash back (for example, using $10 of food stamp to buy $2.99 food and got $7.01 in cash in exchange), this is how they can cash-in a food stamp. Why wouldn't government just give them cash?

    Or ask ourselves why would the bride and groom register those gifts they want in several shops, why not just ask people to give them money? That will be convenient to all parties concerned, right? Don't tell me registered gifts will give you more than just asking for cash in cash value! That will be too much ....... too calculating! *eek*

    Or why not ask for cash instead of birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, anniversary gifts, or whatever gifts? We know what we want better than those who bought the gifts for us, right? So why not give us cash, so we can buy gifts ourselves! Gift card is not cash per se, unless you go to the shop and ask them to give you 100% or 80% or ??% of the amount of cash in that gift card (that is, cash-in the gift card in the shop)! I've seen some people did exactly that! If you've seen it, what would you think? Clever, right? Or what ...........?!

    Playrix as a business is not altruistic or empathetic, they don't give out things for free, and they would like to prevent other people to "cheat" them out of their profit ......that is why they use the bot to catch cheaters and the banning rush....... Imagine this: Someone has been playing the game for a while and now is tired of the game, but he/she still has lots of tcash and coins in his/her account.... Such a waste........ If he/she can give those tcash and coins to someone else, wouldn't that be wonderful? For free if he/she is altruistic, but how about exchange tcash for real money, wouldn't that be more "rational", wouldn't you say so? How? Well........

    There's so many loopholes in tcash-gift-card scheme, even in a cap system ($5, $100 or whatever cap you put in). Playrix would have to upgrade its bot to catch or outsmart the cheaters of this sort, it would cost them a lot of man power and billable time, so why would they grant this wish? Remember, they don't have enough man power even for regular customer service!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    I understand why you feel cash is more beneficial than in-kind gift. There's the debate of which is the better welfare measure: in-kind transfer or cash transfer? Economists all argue that cash is better than in-kind subsidies, but the welfare system is still using food stamps and medicaid ("free" health insurance benefit for the poor) instead of just giving welfare recipients cash and let them decide what they want to buy: food, health insurance or else. Although I've seen someone using food stamp to buy food and got cash back (for example, using $10 of food stamp to buy $2.99 food and got $7.01 in cash in exchange), this is how they can cash-in a food stamp. Why wouldn't government just give them cash?
    Hchl,

    I am just trying to build my town, not solve the world's economic problems.

    This example brings a lot of complexity and nuances that we don't really have in what we are discussing. I will try to address it.

    The government only gives food stamps (as opposed to money) to stop anybody from purchasing anything different. If they circumvent around that rule, that's another issue. the poor have a limited option in what they can get, but we should not be held to the same restrains.

    In addition, the government gives free food, health care, etc with the thought that it will have the same value/costs as giving cash to the recipient. In our case, the friendships decos have a very subjective value if that makes sense. Some might hate a deco while others will love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    Or ask ourselves why would the bride and groom register those gifts they want in several shops, why not just ask people to give them money? That will be convenient to all parties concerned, right? Don't tell me registered gifts will give you more than just asking for cash in cash value! That will be too much ....... too calculating! *eek*

    Or why not ask for cash instead of birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, anniversary gifts, or whatever gifts? We know what we want better than those who bought the gifts for us, right? So why not give us cash, so we can buy gifts ourselves! Gift card is not cash per se, unless you go to the shop and ask them to give you 100% or 80% or ??% of the amount of cash in that gift card (that is, cash-in the gift card in the shop)! I've seen some people did exactly that! If you've seen it, what would you think? Clever, right? Or what ...........?!
    I think a gift in this case might be preferable because it would be considered more thoughtful from those closest to us. There are also many instances where cash is actually requested or gift cards to a big a supermarket or a department store where you can get almost anything.

    In our friendship day decor, the options are very limited. Imagine someone gave you the classic sweater and you think is ugly. Under the current system, you are stuck with it. No way to exchange. In our case, I don't have a problem at all if someone wants to give an actual gift. I'm simply providing an additional option for someone to receive the "perfect" gift.


    Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post

    Playrix as a business is not altruistic or empathetic, they don't give out things for free, and they would like to prevent other people to "cheat" them out of their profit ......that is why they use the bot to catch cheaters and the banning rush....... Imagine this: Someone has been playing the game for a while and now is tired of the game, but he/she still has lots of tcash and coins in his/her account.... Such a waste........ If he/she can give those tcash and coins to someone else, wouldn't that be wonderful? For free if he/she is altruistic, but how about exchange tcash for real money, wouldn't that be more "rational", wouldn't you say so? How? Well........
    There are many reasons why someone might want to give their Tcash away. I don't think playrix would care much why someone decides to give their Tcash away unless it stopped players from purchasing new Tcash. The definition of a business is always to make a profit. I think that's why Playrix would implement some cap to prevent long time players from "unbalancing" the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    There's so many loopholes in tcash-gift-card scheme, even in a cap system ($5, $100 or whatever cap you put in). Playrix would have to upgrade its bot to catch or outsmart the cheaters of this sort, it would cost them a lot of man power and billable time, so why would they grant this wish? Remember, they don't have enough man power even for regular customer service!
    I think this is where the real issue might lie and the best argument not to implement gifting Tcash as of right now. Playrix still doesn't have perfect system to prevent/catch cheaters.

    I am also talking about a possible cap of 150 Tcash, which roughly about $5.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post

    I am also talking about a possible cap of 150 Tcash, which roughly about $5.
    no, we pay very different amounts for TC (and every sale).

    As for the rest of our exchange here, it's still simply differing opinions IMO; thanks for trying

  7. #17
    Moderator Nevada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Southeast England, UK
    Posts
    2,179
    Sitting firmly in the "nope" camp on this one.

    It'd be lovely to be able to send my kid a few TC, don't get me wrong, but that's the only "good" thing about this idea for me.

    Say I gift Mr N TC10. Now, he realises it's utterly dumb to send me TC10, so he sends TC20. Now I feel bad because I just wanted to send him a gift, and he's ended up paying out for his gift.

    Then most of my co-op decide to send me a "thanks for being leader" gift of a few TC each. Now I feel bad cause I can't say thank you in chat, because I don't want it to be all "oh well X sent me TC, why haven't you?" subtext. I don't want to send them TC back because, what's the point, as above, so now I can't even say thank you...

    I'm sorry. From a personal standpoint I just can't see this as a good idea.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

    ”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Sitting firmly in the "nope" camp on this one.

    It'd be lovely to be able to send my kid a few TC, don't get me wrong, but that's the only "good" thing about this idea for me.

    Say I gift Mr N TC10. Now, he realises it's utterly dumb to send me TC10, so he sends TC20. Now I feel bad because I just wanted to send him a gift, and he's ended up paying out for his gift.

    Then most of my co-op decide to send me a "thanks for being leader" gift of a few TC each. Now I feel bad cause I can't say thank you in chat, because I don't want it to be all "oh well X sent me TC, why haven't you?" subtext. I don't want to send them TC back because, what's the point, as above, so now I can't even say thank you...

    I'm sorry. From a personal standpoint I just can't see this as a good idea.

    Neveda in your scenarios above, if it were real life, gifting would be almost non-existent
    Lol

    Why give/exchange Christmas (or other religious holiday) presents? Or even birthday presents?

    I don’t see an issue thanking those who gave you something during the chat. I think drama can arise from very sensitive people or reading too much into a comment. Should I feel jealous because a Member in my co-op thanked another member for sending a balloon?

  9. #19
    Moderator Nevada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Southeast England, UK
    Posts
    2,179
    If Sally popped up in chat saying "Jane, thank you so much for the gift ", I would then feel bad that I hadn't sent Sally a gift.
    Sally did nothing wrong.
    Jane did nothing wrong.
    I'd still feel bad.
    If I were in Sallys shoes, I'd hate the idea that I could put people in that "feel bad" situation, but I'd also feel bad if I said nothing, hence the scenario of "oh well she sent me TC10 so I'll send some back, but how much? 10 seems pointless, less seems stingy, more seems like one-up-manship..."

    It's all just awkward.

    And your examples of other gift-giving occasions are really practically non-comparible. In "real life", you know these people. You can say thank you. You can see them open their gift. Also, in a portion of such occasions, only one person/family is "supposed" to receive a gift.
    Birthdays, weddings, christenings (or naming ceremony or equivalent), baby shower, wedding shower, graduation, house warming, blah blah.

    Christmas/equivalent, yes gifts are swapped between multiple people, but they're people you know. People you see a gorgeous photo frame and think "oh that's so Bob and Sue!", or a gift card for a night at a restaurant you know Jim and Clare have been dying to go to.
    It's very rarely "Hey, here's $10", "cool, here's your $10".

    And my point is valid. Several people have said how they sent sheep to people who help often, just as a thanks for helping, only to receive one back.

    When someone gives you a gift on any occasion that isn't "centred on you" (so, not your birthday), it's human nature to want to give something back in thanks.

    Look, it's just my personal opinion. Just my reasons for why I personally would not like this idea. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea. I'm just pointing out the other side of the coin.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

    ”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

  10. #20
    Is gifting t-cash a lovely gesture? Sure. But I have to agree with the views of Downton and Nevada.

    I could see it leading to a sense of obligation, awkwardness, or even bad feelings. In my co-op for example, some buy t-cash, some don't. Would those who are flush feel obliged to give to teammates who aren't? Maybe. Would some beneficiaries feel awkward if they couldn't reciprocate? Maybe. Would some beneficiaries feel obliged to repay it, even though they hadn't intended to participate? Maybe. Might some co-op members enviously feel that their teammate who buys t-cash should gift some to them? Maybe.

    I'd rather not open the door to find out.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •