Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas T-Cash gifts

Christmas T-Cash gifts

How about being able to gift T-Cash to Township friends for Christmas. Say, $5, $10, $15, $20, $50, and $100? Since you already have the code written up for buying presents for Friendship Week it should not require much modification to the code to be able to gift T-Cash. 🛍🎁🤑

Quote Originally Posted by mcgoss View Post
    How about being able to gift T-Cash to Township friends for Christmas. Say, $5, $10, $15, $20, $50, and $100? Since you already have the code written up for buying presents for Friendship Week it should not require much modification to the code to be able to gift T-Cash. ���������������� �
    I can't see much point in this as most people will feel compelled to gift the same amount back to whoever sent the Tcash to them.

ETA At least gifting decorations everyone benefits and has something to put in their town even if sending the same thing back to their friends
    Last edited by Downton; 07-30-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I can't see much point in this as most people will feel compelled to gift the same amount back to whoever sent the Tcash to them.

ETA At least gifting decorations everyone benefits and has something to put in their town even if sending the same thing back to their friends
    I actually like this idea. I think we could add that you can gift decos as well as T cash, so it can be a little more thoughtful.

A gift is a gift, not an exchange If someone gives with the expectation that he/she will always get something back that person will be dissapointed. With friends day going on now, the same could be argued, that People would be be compelled to send something in return even if they don’t want to do it.

I would be prefer the Tcash to spend it on whatever in game feature or decoration I want. I am not a fan of the friends’ day decorations at all.

Yes it could be argued that people feel compelled to send a gift back,my point was with Decs rather than tcash you would still end up with a decoration as opposed to nothing if you are just sending money.
    Also my point wasn't that people would send expecting something back. I just know if i receive a gift i like to give a gift back and enjoy doing so. I would not get the same pleasure from receiving or gifting tcash.

ETA For me personally I would feel uncomfortable being sent cash from a neighbour, especially larger amounts.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-31-2018 at 02:35 AM.

I like the idea of sending tcash. I dont do Christmas, but I like this idea
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Yes it could be argued that people feel compelled to send a gift back,my point was with Decs rather than tcash you would still end up with a decoration as opposed to nothing if you are just sending money.
    Also my point wasn't that people would send expecting something back. I just know if i receive a gift i like to give a gift back and enjoy doing so. I would not get the same pleasure from receiving or gifting tcash.

ETA For me personally I would feel uncomfortable being sent cash from a neighbour, especially larger amounts.
    I’m not sure if I understand correctly. Well with the decorations, you would only get something back if let’s say if you made a deal with someone. Otherwise sending a deco doesn’t guarantee you will get anything at all. I also think is very risky because there is no way to enforce that the other person will go through with part of their deal.

Of course it would be nice if people would exchange gifts. I think that’s why it would good to have Tcash and as well as some decos in the mix available to send. You know like everything, Some people are more generous than others.

I don’t think large sums of tcash would be the norm (and perhaps playrix would establish a reasonable cap), unless you are friends with an Arab prince for example. Recently I got some sheep from “friends” that I help out constantly and quickly which was a nice gesture on their part. In other words, I think you would want to give someone who has contributed to gaming (people you have leveled up together or in this forum, co-op members, etc.)not just random strangers.

John Alex, it doesn’t have to be a Christmas even either.

Not that it's a bad idea......but I did have the same gut reaction to it as Downton. I would feel guilty if I didn't send something back. Honestly, I already feel guilty with the friendship and Valentine exchanges, but that may just be me. At least now it is sending 'gifts', not just cold hard cash.

On the flipside, I can see many a co-op leader sending t-cash to members so they can buy the last task or parents sending a certain amount to their kids to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    I’m not sure if I understand correctly. Well with the decorations, you would only get something back if let’s say if you made a deal with someone. Otherwise sending a deco doesn’t guarantee you will get anything at all. I also think is very risky because there is no way to enforce that the other person will go through with part of their deal.

Of course it would be nice if people would exchange gifts. I think that’s why it would good to have Tcash and as well as some decos in the mix available to send. You know like everything, Some people are more generous than others.

I don’t think large sums of tcash would be the norm (and perhaps playrix would establish a reasonable cap), unless you are friends with an Arab prince for example. Recently I got some sheep from “friends” that I help out constantly and quickly which was a nice gesture on their part. In other words, I think you would want to give someone who has contributed to gaming (people you have leveled up together or in this forum, co-op members, etc.)not just random strangers.

John Alex, it doesn’t have to be a Christmas even either.
    What I mean is if you are like me and like to send something back to someone when they send you a gift, you both have a lovely decoration to put in your town. Whereas I wouldnt benefit, nor would the kind gift giver from having money sent as I would send the same amount back to the person and we would end up the same as if no gift was sent,lol. I am saying what i would do if i was a recipient not what I would expect if I gave a gift.

The reason I mentioned large sums is in the OP up to $100 was given as an example.

I'm not saying others will not find a benefit to this idea, i am just sharing my opinion on why it's not something I want.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    Not that it's a bad idea......but I did have the same gut reaction to it as Downton. I would feel guilty if I didn't send something back. Honestly, I already feel guilty with the friendship and Valentine exchanges, but that may just be me. At least now it is sending 'gifts', not just cold hard cash.

On the flipside, I can see many a co-op leader sending t-cash to members so they can buy the last task or parents sending a certain amount to their kids to spend.
    Thankyou, i think you have described exactly what I was trying to say.

Also I agree that for the examples you have given there will certainly be people who would find the ability to give cash useful.

Edited spelling
    Last edited by Downton; 07-31-2018 at 08:49 AM.

You explain that quite well, Downton

This idea has come on a few times, and so far had more "rather not" (or more heavily) reactions to it, as I remember. Unfortunately, I don't remember how to search for the threads, so you all would have that as input.
    It weren't tech. reasons, more a general discomfort with having real money involved, and! as a gift. It would involve implementing the same restrictions as you can set on your device for NOT spending real money (so parents would have to find another way to gift money to their children anyway, just like now already), and not accidentally either.
    As a gift, there are different opinions on gifting money, and I doubt that will change here, or that any side would convince the other. AFAIK, we didn't have a reaction from Playrix yet - just that they didn't follow former wishes and didn't introduce it.

Thanks DD

I think that's why I wouldn't like it. It would cause me discomfort to receive any sort of cash, however kindly the gesture may be.