Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Factory Ideas (I apologize in advance)

New Factory Ideas (I apologize in advance)

I know, I know... I can already hear the groans, but just hear me out.

I know barn space is a constant complaint and people feel that new factories just make the barn space an even bigger issue. I sometimes find it an issue too, but when mine fills up, I look for people who need help where I have the items to give them, or I use the helicopter orders to thin my supply a bit. It's a constant battle, I know, but it's part of the challenge of the game, so it doesn't annoy me as much as it does for others.

Besides, I'm not here to discuss barn space. I'm here to suggest some factory ideas. My reason? In my neurosis I hate seeing all these items we produce for no use other than to fill crates and send to co-op members. So, my factory ideas are to utilize some of the already existing items that have no use, or very few uses.

For instance, it's been mentioned that we don't use plums for anything but plum jam. I was thinking of adding a Plum Sauce to the Asian Factory? Could we mix it with sugar cubes?

So, this isn't a factory, but an extra product: Plum Sauce - 3 Plums, 2 Sugar Cubes

The following are factories, and I may have listed a lot of products, but I don't expect them all to be implemented, I'm just showing a list of options for each factory.

Italian Restaurant
    Pasta al Pomodoro - 2 wheat, 2 tomatoes
    Fettuccine Alfredo - 2 wheat, 1 cream, 1 milk
    Risotto - 3 rice, 2 cheese, 1 olive
    Carbonara - 2 wheat, 2 cream, 1 egg, 2 bacon
    Tiramisu - 1 egg, 2 cream, 2 sugar cubes, 2 espresso

Camping Supplies Factory
    Firewood – 4 Trees
    Hiking Supplies – 2 Boots, 4 Granola Bars, 2 Coats, 4 Water Bottles
    Camping Meals - 4 Hot Dogs, 2 Bacon and Eggs, 2 Potato Chips, 1 Hot Chocolate
    Suitcase of clothes - 2 Sweaters, 2 Shirts, 2 Sneakers, 2 Flip Flop
    S’mores - 2 Cookies, 1 Honey Marshmallow, 1 Chocolate
    Camping Dishes - 2 Cup, 1 Frying Pan, 2 Cutlery

Fun Times Factory
    Beach Day: 2 Sandwiches, 1 Beach Ball, 2 Ice Cream, 2 Watermelon, 1 Ukulele
    Girl’s Sleepover Party - 2 Fashion Dolls, 2 Pillows, 2 Beds, 1 Pizza
    Fashion Show Bundle - 2 Dress, 1 Perfume, 2 High Heeled Shoes, 4 Canape
    Winter Vacation - 2 Warm Boots, 2 Candy Cane, 1 Honey Gingerbread, 2 Parka, 2 Caffe Mocha
    Date Night - 2 Baked Lobster, 1 Summer Bouquet, 3 Aromatic Candle, 1 Cheesecake
    Spa Day - 2 Jasmine Oil, 1 Pan Flute, 2 Iced Tea, 1 Teapot

Quote Originally Posted by Dearie View Post
    I know, I know... I can already hear the groans, but just hear me out.
    LOL, nice attempt and applause for adding your suggestions in the Wish list forum (again)!

But: no, you don't know. You got a "warning", alas, dunno why, and you and your 'warner' assumed something exactly without knowing. Or w/o asking... which leads to a discussion, which is the sense of such a subforum (as it is not for presenting to Playrix only).
    And here, you judge from your viewpoint (and level) only.
    So, I won't use my time on trying a "yes, but"-discussion, as you wish Hopefully not everyone is too scared for it, and also, can speak the language well enough.

I probably wouldn't mind a few extra new things to make in my existing factories. I don't want any new factories because.....
    A. They take up too much valuable land space
    B. There is not enough crop space to grow more stuff for them
    C. I just don't want to have to monitor any more factories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearie View Post

Fun Times Factory
    Beach Day: 2 Sandwiches, 1 Beach Ball, 2 Ice Cream, 2 Watermelon, 1 Ukulele
    Girl’s Sleepover Party - 2 Fashion Dolls, 2 Pillows, 2 Beds, 1 Pizza
    Fashion Show Bundle - 2 Dress, 1 Perfume, 2 High Heeled Shoes, 4 Canape
    Winter Vacation - 2 Warm Boots, 2 Candy Cane, 1 Honey Gingerbread, 2 Parka, 2 Caffe Mocha
    Date Night - 2 Baked Lobster, 1 Summer Bouquet, 3 Aromatic Candle, 1 Cheesecake
    Spa Day - 2 Jasmine Oil, 1 Pan Flute, 2 Iced Tea, 1 Teapot
    Yes, I'm groaning. lol I am sure every member on this forum could suggest a new factory/product. The novelty of these game items will quickly wear off and we will be back to square 1 (and with less space in the barn)

Actually, your fun times factory doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. Way too many products.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL, nice attempt and applause for adding your suggestions in the Wish list forum (again)!

So, I won't use my time on trying a "yes, but"-discussion, as you wish Hopefully not everyone is too scared for it, and also, can speak the language well enough.
    Yeah another one of those discussions...

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    I probably wouldn't mind a few extra new things to make in my existing factories. I don't want any new factories because.....
    A. They take up too much valuable land space
    B. There is not enough crop space to grow more stuff for them
    C. I just don't want to have to monitor any more factories.
    I would love to see more well thought out ideas. For example, I can sit here and write how we could grow 100 different types of grass for our towns yet not include extra crop space to grown them, like the grass grows on thin air.

Dearie, I love your ideas. I think they are very well thought out, I would love to utilize more of our items, though personally maybe not all those boots. lolz For sure though I love your idea of an Italian restraunt, in fact I’m rather surprised Playrix hasn’t already thought this one up as they seem to love Italian food. ;D I’m not quite as creative when it comes to making up factories or products but I’d love to see our carrots get used more often outside of just animal feed and the odd holiday special product: carrot cake. I will say I’m surprised we don’t have some sort of factory that makes school/office supplies, what ever do our towns children use to take notes with?!?!

I'm one that groans at factories, and I'm only level 70.

I gotta say though, I think these are extremely well thought out. I'm impressed with how well you've managed to create an entire factory, all its products, and everything it needs to make those products.

I'm personally not such a fan of the Italian Restaurant, but that's because I already have a Mexican/Asian/Grill taking up space in my town for nothing. If I could trade the Asian for the Italian? Definitely

I really like the fun factory. And I bet those items would be worth crazy cash on the heli pad Really well put together.

As is the camping supplies one. Brilliantly thought out.

Plum sauce, Plum pie/tart, peach and Plum crumble, Plum bread, Plum cake... For the love of the game, Let us use our plums!!!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

It's a groan-mutter-grumble from me. Not at your ideas specifically, Dearie, just at the notion of more factories in general. I had just hit the level to buy the 'last' one (Kitchenware) when they brought the Music Factory in and shifted the goalposts on us, lol. I was just starting to feel like maybe 'enough' barn space might be a realistic thing too and then kablooey! 2 new factories. I'm not buying them any time soon, partly because at the level they're available nobody ever has enough coins yet and partly because I had all my factory spaces nicely allotted and I'm not spoiling the whole thing now, lol.

Wish they'd brought out the new CB's first, along with the houses and fields I'm assuming will come with them (they had better, or I see mutiny ahead). Factories just represent hassle to me right now, having fought hard for the last couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    ... kablooey!
    *snort*

Bless you
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    *snort*

Bless you
    That was the sound of all my hopes and dreams exploding

Thank you Virginia Gardens! I did forget to think up something with those darn carrots! I mean they are part of the vegetable bouquet now... but I know what you mean!
    And the school office supplies is a good idea too! Because we could take the paper from the Paper factory and make notebooks and that type of thing.

And I get what everyone is saying about factory costs and land-space, and already organizing the town with the current factories and having to re-organize to fit the new ones... I just re-organized my town now, but now I've plotted out extra space for factories, so I can understand the frustration with that.

I think I've come up with these ideas only because I'm trying to make this game fun for me again. I'm at Level 98 and have more coins than I know what to do with (early on I prioritized coins when upgrading my factories rather than XP) and I do a lot of mining and helicopter orders so I haven't had issues affording a new factory since the furniture factory became available, so I guess I'm being selfish when suggesting these and I apologize for that. Again, I'm honestly running out of things to entertain myself with, and that's when I thought of different ways to use the products from the factory to make more items. I guess it would cause a lot more issues for others than I gave thought to.

Thank you all for your input anyway.