Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Separate Facebook account for Township friends

Separate Facebook account for Township friends

I read on the Forum that to get more friends on Township to open a separate Facebook account and put out requests. I did this and within 2 hrs had so many requests, though this is great. Unfortunately after accepting I was inundated with all their posts etc, videos, families photos, and messenger. They all played Township, great, love this game. We are able to have 50 in game friends, I found some of mine don't play, so thought to find more in Facebook. Unfortunately didn't know what to do, so closed down the Facebook account. I'm not very good with computers, play on ipad, what have I done wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

U can unfollow those people who are not known to u then u don't see their notifications , posts . videos etc within ur Facebook account .
    For messenger u can block those people whom u don't want to talk . By blocking them they will not be able to send u messages .
    Last edited by ujjwal; 08-05-2018 at 12:42 PM.

I've done the same thing; created a Township Facebook. I have 2,800 friends on there now, around 600 of which have actually transferred to TS, so, lots of inactives, I'm guessing.

I just ignore the account. I jump on once every few days, run down the friend request list and add anyone who looks "Townshippy", and log out again. I ignore the news feed and pictures etc, and only check messenger once in a blue moon because there's a couple people there I actually talk to.

Other than that: ignore it all
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Thanks so much, yes could have blocked, but had 60 people in the 2 hrs. Is it worth it just to get Facebook friends? What do we get for Facebook friends? Sorry, new to putting questions on the Forum. Have followed Forum for ages, but rarely post.

Thanks Nevada, guess I'm used to just a few posts a day from friends, I might try again another time. Sure love this game, everyone does a great job. Thank you so much for all you do.

I'm in a small, quiet co-op, who are extremely helpful, as long as you're prepared to wait until someone's online.

Now with over 600 friends, my plane and train help requests never sit longer than a minute before they're filled.

And you get the 75-friends-achievement, if you're bothered about that.

If you do go for it again, just, ignore the news feed and don't even bother opening messenger. Problem solved
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Same with me i am in a coop where help is done when someone is online but with over 3000 FB friends my train and plane requests fill in 1 minute .

I've done the same, one other benefit is you get the extra boxes in the market. Can't remember how many you get as I have bought some too.

I have had to block a few people on Messenger though who keep trying to video call me.

Thank you so much. I have reactivated the Facebook account and giving it another go. However, does it matter if my original profile Facebook picture is displayed on Township? Is this new Facebook account attached to Township. I'm not too good on computers, but would appreciate any info, to get me up and running.

Johnalex Zarco
    I have 2 separate Facebook accounts for Township. Yes, I get A LOT of personal posts in their feed. You wouldnt beleive how many pro-Trumpers and anti-Trumpers argue on there!*
    However, if the accounts are primarily for Township, what goes in the newsfeed does not matter. I have a personal account I use for stuff. You also have to watch who sends you FRs (Friend Requests). Many people do not play Township, they are just looking to expand how many friends they have. I have had people friend me just so they could try to convert me to anti-Trumpism or to pro-Trumpism. I can be very political, but unless you are going to offer me $1 Million to listen to your nonesense, please reserve that for my newsfeed where I can ignore you.* Those people you just weed out over time, and a lot of people also PLAYED Township but have since quit. You can choose to weed them out over time or to keep them.
    A good way to weed out FRs is to make guidelines. For example, I wont accept a FR that does not include more than 100 mutual friends and/or if I cant tell they play Township based on their profile picture or name. This helps keep things organized. Joining groups doesnt always mean the people in those groups play Township.
    So keep/reget your Township FB, and it will take time to keep up with it. If you dont have time, dont get it or just ignore all the work. As long as you dont get hacked, you should be fine. I would advise you to have separate accounts for game and personal use. And hide your Friend's list, many people will assume all your FB friends play Township, so it is best to keep game and personal accounts separate and to keep your Friend's list private.

*Not intended to trigger a political argument. I have never been messaged about religion or business, primarily it has been the named attempts.