Thread: The link between rewards and number of tasks

The link between rewards and number of tasks

At the end of regatta we get some rewards, according to the league.
    In a co-op not all the members manage to complete the maximum tasks, 7, 9...etc.
    My question is, we get the rewards according to each contribution or the rewards are given equaly to all the members, no matter how many tasks he finished? Thank you
    Milky way

In order to get rewards, a racing member must at least complete one task.
    What counts here is the number of chests that the co-op reached. The amount of rewards are the same, even if some members completed all, or less tasks. However, the rewards themselves are random, they differ from player to player.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    In order to get rewards, a racing member must at least complete one task.
    What counts here is the number of chests that the co-op reached. The amount of rewards are the same, even if some members completed all, or less tasks. However, the rewards themselves are random, they differ from player to player.
    So if the end of regatta i have 9 tasks, maximum require in wooden league, and another member have only 2, we will get the same amount of rewards? If yes, this is not right....i worked a lot to complet 9 tasks....
    Milky way

And to state it another way, we have no evidence that a player is punished or receives rewards of lesser value for doing fewer tasks than another player. Since the rewards are different from player to player and appear to depend on the player's level, there's probably no way to compare rewards to determine if they are equivalent. But the number of rewards received depends solely on the "marker buoys" that appear on your team race course, team hits a buoy, you get a prize at the end.
    Last edited by cdosr; 07-23-2018 at 10:12 PM. Reason: "marker" not "market"

Never really felt this was fair until a fellow co-op member pointed out the whole point is this is a co-op, you are meant to all work together, so everyone gets the same number of rewards.

Still not sure it's totally fair, but guess it is all part of being on a team. The stronger members support the weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Never really felt this was fair until a fellow co-op member pointed out the whole point is this is a co-op, you are meant to all work together, so everyone gets the same number of rewards.

Still not sure it's totally fair, but guess it is all part of being on a team. The stronger members support the weaker.
    Exactly. Many coops operate happily under that ethos. Others expect racing members to fulfil certain minimum task requirements or expect to be kicked before rewards are given out. The hope is everyone eventually finds themselves a coop whose opinion on that tallies with their own, and happiness abounds!

We were having this discussion in my co-op today. What if the type of rewards or the quantity was improved by how many tasks you completed as a motivator for each player to complete as many tasks as they can? For example, someone who completes only 4 tasks, still gets all 9 rewards, but maybe their building and mining supplies are only in quantities of 1, or they only get lower ingots like copper and silver. But someone who does 10+ can get building and mining supplies in higher quantities, maybe 3 or 4 of each, and gold ingots instead of copper. Something other than the threat of getting booted from a co-op to push people to want to do more because it directly benefits them.
    Town: Belleville
    Level: 80
    Zoo Level: 13

My opinion is that rewards are the same whether you do 1 task or 10. It just depends how many your coop collected. I don’t have any evidence for this but that’s just my intuition I think playrix doesn’t want to penalize a member for having a bad week ( due to whatever circumstances). It also allows the leader to make the final call. It’s fair because as mentioned earlier moments, co-op members are supposed to support one another in tough times. I think they assume co-ops won’t keep dead weight or weak members for Long. If they do, it is the Co-op’s prerogative and any negative effects this might have on their group morale and racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    .... I think playrix doesn’t want to penalize a member for having a bad week ( due to whatever circumstances). It also allows the leader to make the final call...
    I just think Playrix likely considers it none of their concern, tbh, and haven't seen anything to make me believe rewards differ due to individual contribution to the team result. They gave us the means to manage our own coops and don't interfere, as far as I know.

In our coop we have an agreement that everyone who joins the race has to do at least 7 tasks. If you can't do 7 tasks because you're to busy or you just want a break, you have to change your regatta status to "not racing". No-one is forced to join the regatta in our coop. And we all agreed, that a minimum of 7 tasks is our comfort zone, even if most of us do more. We don't want to stress ourselves in regatta, but also want to have a certain amount of success. I think the point is, to find a coop that fit's to your own habits of playing. If you're in a group with other players that play in a similar way like you do, everyone will be satisfied and the rewards won't be a point of discussion. My opinion is: We are a team. We made our rules and according to that, we win together and we lose together
    Last edited by SumSum; 07-24-2018 at 07:51 AM.