Thread: Leaving coop mid season

Leaving coop mid season

I have looked everywhere and am not finding the information I need. There are a few of us in my current coop that would like to leave and start our own. If we leave after week one of the monthly regatta, will we be able to participate in the rest of the month? I am afraid if we leave we won't be able to compete in weeks 2-4.

Hello Socrafty,

A seasonal regatta is composed of 4 weekly races. Technically you can leave your Co-op any time. Just because you do not race in a certain week, does not mean you can not race the next week. In between those weekly races there is 1 day resting/grace period. You can leave your current coop and create a new one during that grace period so you are not penalized IN CASE you are to receive prizes during this weekly race going on right now. As of right now you only have to wait less than 5 hours in order to leave. You have to act fast during those 24 hours to get your members all set up.
    Last edited by Jdelacr; 07-23-2018 at 03:59 AM. Reason: typo

Hi socrafty, if you leave between races, you can begin the next one in your new coop in the usual way - ie provided you opt in before the race starts as usual. Its also worth noting that when you leave a coop to form a new one, you'll begin again in Wooden League and will have only 7 tasks available in the next race. Wooden League also has limited access to yacht club prizes, of course. So assuming your current coop is in a higher league, make sure you have bought what you want from the yacht club before you go.

That is what I thought, but wanted to check before jumping ship. Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Hi socrafty, if you leave between races, you can begin the next one in your new coop in the usual way - ie provided you opt in before the race starts as usual. Its also worth noting that when you leave a coop to form a new one, you'll begin again in Wooden League and will have only 7 tasks available in the next race. Wooden League also has limited access to yacht club prizes, of course. So assuming your current coop is in a higher league, make sure you have bought what you want from the yacht club before you go.
    I do know we will begin again in wooden. Never thought of the yacht club prizes. I will tell everyone coming with us to buy up before they leave. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by socrafty View Post
    I do know we will begin again in wooden. Never thought of the yacht club prizes. I will tell everyone coming with us to buy up before they leave. Thanks for the reply.
    No worries! Good luck with it