Thread: Final Straw re: Timed Levels and Pausing

Final Straw re: Timed Levels and Pausing

So apparently, it may have happened in the last update, Fishdom made another “let’s make this more difficult for our players” change. You used to be able to click on the hammer or swap (now glove) to pause the timer. This could be done as soon as the move was made and was especially helpful to pause the game while the lightning was taking several seconds to make the rounds. Now you can’t pause it until all the tiles have been set. This wastes a lot of seconds! You keep making changes to OUR disadvantage, while updates are supposed to improve the game. I’m not happy, as I play this gave to relax, but times levels have always been too stressful. I doubt you care anything about the complaints you hear, and unless things begin to improve drastically, this game is gone. Too bad - it was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Klc214 View Post
    So apparently, it may have happened in the last update, Fishdom made another “let’s make this more difficult for our players” change. You used to be able to click on the hammer or swap (now glove) to pause the timer. This could be done as soon as the move was made and was especially helpful to pause the game while the lightning was taking several seconds to make the rounds. Now you can’t pause it until all the tiles have been set. This wastes a lot of seconds! You keep making changes to OUR disadvantage, while updates are supposed to improve the game. I’m not happy, as I play this gave to relax, but times levels have always been too stressful. I doubt you care anything about the complaints you hear, and unless things begin to improve drastically, this game is gone. Too bad - it was fun while it lasted.
    I have played Fishdom when it came out and spent close to $1000 in gems since then. A lots of gems were spent on timer levels because it was very stressful to pass them. Then, I was so eager to advance to higher levels in order to unlock items in order to decorate my aquariums. I only learned the pause trick using hammer recently from this forum. If I had known this trick earlier, I would have saved a lot of money. Few months ago I upgraded my aging IPad 3 with a 2nd gen IPad Pro 12.9 just to play this game, the only game I play, to keep my aquariums alive. The current trend of high cost beauty stars, more expensive items, removal of switch booster, harder game play, and endless tournaments all point to encouraging players to purchase gems for extended game play or extra boosters. The fun of emphasizing individual creativity on aquarium design, which drives players to buy gems voluntarily (at least for me), is diminishing. I understand Playrix is not a charity organization and needs to make profits, but with over one million players if each spending few dollars a year would bring millions of dollars to Playrix. I think capitalism makes Playix becoming too greedy nowadays. It’s fishy to me when Playrix asked players to share their successful strategies on beating the levels recently on Facebook. That move would help their developers to make game play harder.

The more player complaints will only further verify their strategy is working. It is just sad since I can not take the aquariums, that I have invested, with me when Fishdom is gone.

By the way, in the past I purchased several batches of gems that cost $99 per batch. I was suspicious then that I was double charged on several occasions after viewing my credit card statement. This was confirmed recently when I noticed that several players of Fishdom on YouTube also complained about the double charging. Well, this is really an unethical practice by Playrix.

Well, I finish my rants now. I know they will be ignored by Playrix anyway. Thanks for reading my post.
    Last edited by sifan; 07-20-2018 at 05:57 AM.

I totally agree!! It’s so frustrating that the game can’t be paused. I’m sure it will fall on deaf ears but this needs to be remedied. Terrible “update”!

I couldn't have said it any better. I too just somewhat recently found out about pausing the timer and I remember thinking now that people are talking about it they will probably stop letting us do that and they have. It's very frustrating. I HATE timed games. They are most definitely not relaxing. I wish they would get rid of them all together.

I totally agree about timed games, I almost always play before bed times,but if I am on a timed game I just leave it. If I click on the hammer in order to stop I now get a pop up right across the screen.
    I always manage to catch a hard round when there's a special contest like the flower festival.
    I'm on 681 now and there's four bombs that explode as the pieces are taking so long to move, I'm sure that they've been slowed down deliberately

Hello there! Guys, we totally understand that timed levels can sometimes be challenging That's why we've come up with general tips on how to plan your win strategy on those levels. Rest assured, we're constantly working on making levels more fun for you and we appreciate your feedback immensely!

Quote Originally Posted by Valeriia Fomina View Post
    Hello there! Guys, we totally understand that timed levels can sometimes be challenging That's why we've come up with general tips on how to plan your win strategy on those levels. Rest assured, we're constantly working on making levels more fun for you and we appreciate your feedback immensely!
    Your tips are nothing new to me. I already do this and timed levels still are hard and annoying. If you want to improve things let the timer pause when the lightning is working. Or give us considerably more time. And that glove is not an improvement either. It's a restriction compared to what we had before. So how exactly are you making things more fun for us?
    Playing Township on MacOS, Fishdom on iOS

Pine Falls / level 67 / code HYCJGU

--- Wisdom of the century: There is no apostrophe in front of a plural s. ---