Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest Finisher or First to Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    [*]groups are formed in respect to the number of Co-op members with their Participate in Regatta status on at the global start time of the race;
    What you mean with this? Does this mean that our group competitors take their first task in same time as we do?

And what this is mean?
    if the player has changed the racing status after 8 am UTC on Tuesday it won't be considered and the group placing will not be adjusted.
    Does this mean if one player opt-out for next regatta affect all co-op and in that case you may get competitors who start regatta in Tuesday 8am+UTC?

No, it's not clear WHEN our competitors start their regatta

We raced a perfect race, finishing with the maximum score in a little under 2 days. We have been in 1st place all week. Then today, with 1d 17h to go, I moseyed into my coop to find we've suddenly been knocked into 2nd by a team who now have the same perfect score as us. That team were seen scoring points right from the start, as were all teams in the race, but they weren't even in the top 4 3 hours ago when my teammate checked the race.

They didn't score higher than us, they didn't get there sooner than us, and they didn't do it in a shorter time from taking their first task either (unless the scoreboard has been lying to us since the very beginning). What on Earth happened here? Answers on a postcard to "Tigger's Den are Livid"...
    Last edited by Bessville; 09-01-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    We raced a perfect race, finishing with the maximum score in a little under 2 days. We have been in 1st place all week. Then today, with 1d 17h to go, I moseyed into my coop to find we've suddenly been knocked into 2nd by a team who now have the same perfect score as us. That team were seen scoring points right from the start, as were all teams in the race, but they weren't even in the top 4 3 hours ago when my teammate checked the race.

They didn't score higher than us, they didn't get there sooner than us, and they didn't do it in a shorter time from taking their first task either (unless the scoreboard has been lying to us since the very beginning). What on Earth happened here? Answers on a postcard to "Tigger's Den are Livid"...

All I dare open my trap to say is.....We have been treated outrageously unfairly.

If I say anything further it will put Bess in a difficult position and she will have to ban me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    If I say anything further it will put Bess in a difficult position and she will have to ban me.
    It's ok, i'll do the honors if the need arises, to keep bess out of it

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your race it does sucks...
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    It's ok, i'll do the honors if the need arises, to keep bess out of it

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your race it does sucks...
    Thanks......I will keep that in mind, no hard feelings either lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Kindly note that the in the event of a tied score, the first team to complete the highest score will finish in first place.
    Then what the hell has happened in our current race?

We finished with a perfect score in under 2 days, we were in first position all week, then this morning, with no warning, we have been dumped into second place by another team.

The team in question have been in our regatta all week, they have not just suddenly appeared. They have been languishing at the bottom of the race all week, obviously had a last minute push to get that perfect score.

So why are they now in 1st place? We completed the race way before them.

Have playrix changed the rules since Anna's post?

Is Anna's post factually incorrect?

Do playrix know their own rules?

Do playrix understand the concept of fair play?

To publish a set of rules for us to follow, then not to adhere to them is completely wrong.

It seems to me that playrix's idea of fair play is totally one sided.....I notified them of a player I suspected of cheating a couple of weeks ago, I had a reply from them within a couple of hours, the town disappeared shortly afterwards. Does anyone believe playrix will look into this situation as quickly? I very much doubt it.

I'm getting sick and tired of playrix's attitude towards their players......they want our money, but couldn't care less about our issues.

I hope they remember who pays their wages, there are more and more players ready to walk away from the game through sheer frustration......I'm adding myself to that growing number.

In gaming, as in real life, the marketplace rules. You and all players who love the Regatta are the ones with the power, because you are the Market.

When companies lose their market, they cease to exist.

The result of this one race is very much not the point for me. (Which is just as well, since it's highly unlikely to be altered now). But it wasn't the point when we questioned suddenly getting dumped into races long since begun, nor when we were repeatedly shifted into an entirely different race at the 11th hour. It wasn't the point when we questioned being matched with 10-14 other perfect scoring teams every week while other teams in the same League coasted along in far easier draws. This is not about some random one-off issue happening to one team. Something is wrong, either with the underlying race mechanics, or with our assumptions about how things work, or with our expectation that there's a positive correlation between points scored and objective success.

My coop, and no doubt many others too, just want to be told very clearly how to avoid scenarios like those I just described undermining their efforts every week. Hardly an unreasonable expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    The result of this one race is very much not the point for me. (Which is just as well, since it's highly unlikely to be altered now). But it wasn't the point when we questioned suddenly getting dumped into races long since begun, nor when we were repeatedly shifted into an entirely different race at the 11th hour. It wasn't the point when we questioned being matched with 10-14 other perfect scoring teams every week while other teams in the same League coasted along in far easier draws. This is not about some random one-off issue happening to one team. Something is wrong, either with the underlying race mechanics, or with our assumptions about how things work, or with our expectation that there's a positive correlation between points scored and objective success.

My coop, and no doubt many others too, just want to be told very clearly how to avoid scenarios like those I just described undermining their efforts every week. Hardly an unreasonable expectation.
    Here here!
    Personally, I am going on a tcash buying hiatus until we get some honest answers.

I would like to add that a team member has pointed out that the team who are now unfairly in 1st place are also racing with 9 players, whilst the other 14 teams, including ourselves, are racing with 8.

So, again playrix, what is your idea of fair play?