Thread: Opting out of racing for a week?

Opting out of racing for a week?

If I opt out of racing this week, will I still be allowed to race next week, or do I have to wait for the new season?

We can opt in or out any week we want so you will be able to race again next week.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Yes, you can opt back in for next week's race.
    Keep in mind that any changes of the participation settings during an ongoing regatta take effect for the next race. So if you want to opt out this week, make sure you change your settings in the next 5h.

Thanks both of you! That helps!

Hi, I have a few questions about opting-out, or being in.

1; if a player goes on holiday *as racing* and doesn’t opt-out, we seem to plummet from first to last (can someone explain why?) what is the advantage/disadvantaged?

2; if a player has opted out, can they still participate in a seasonal regatta? I know it’s fine for the off seasons.

Any additional info is appreciated. The rules seems to change a lot thanks, S

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie the Goat View Post

1; if a player goes on holiday *as racing* and doesn’t opt-out, we seem to plummet from first to last (can someone explain why?) what is the advantage/disadvantaged?
    You are paired in the race with other co-ops that have the same number of *racing* members. So for example, if you're in a 5 player co-op, and everyone is opted-in, you will race against other co-ops with 5 racing members. If one of your players is set as racing, but doesn't participate, it means that your co-op will race with 4 players against teams of five, hence a major disadvantage.

2; if a player has opted out, can they still participate in a seasonal regatta? I know it’s fine for the off seasons.

No, for the seasonal races, one must be opted-in in order to participate in the regatta.

1. During seasonal regattas, we are paired to race against other teams that have the same number of racing members that we have. Township uses Racing and Not Racing status to determine how many people your team has racing. If you have 12 members and 10 of them say Racing status and 2 say Not Racing status, you will get grouped with other teams that have 10 racing members. So, to answer your question, you are at a DISADVANTAGE if one of your teamsmates doesn’t opt out and is still marked as racing even though that person is on holiday and doesn’t plan to complete any tasks. Assuming all of the racing members of the other teams you are paired with are actively particpating, they can easily outscore you.

2. If a player opts out, they cannot participate in that week’s race during the seasonal regatta. Once the race has started and one of your team members has taken a task, everyone’s racing status for the week has been “locked in” and you can’t change it. If they opt back in before the next race starts, they will be able to participate in the next race

EDIT: Typing at same time as Dread
    Last edited by kitty4715; 07-17-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Say your co-op has 10 people all opted in, all scoring the maximum of 2,160 points. (21,600 total).

Now say one of those racers doesn't race for a week, but remains opted in. You're now a team of 10, racing against other teams of 10, all of which can score the maximum 21,600. Your team, with one racer nit racing, can only score a maximum of 19,440 (21,600 - 2,160 for your missing racer).

If this 10th person opts out, then you are a team of 9 against other teams of 9, making everyone's maximum score 19,440.

If you are opted out, you can not participate in a seasonal race until you opt back in before the start of the next weeks race.

Opting in mid-week will not make you eligible to race until the start of the next weeks race.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Thank you all for the quick and detailed reply/information.

A player just opted out with 58 .mine till regatta will it still count her as racing when we start