Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: H5 Game Centre

  1. #1

    H5 Game Centre

    Can anyone explain why this small blue square with an open cardboard box inside appears on-screen? While it sways about during play, realising it is automatically installing it's APP. on my device. Upon uninstalling, few moments later, it appears again. Determined little blue box it is! It first appeared while in Township, presuming where it's from, but must admit had cropped up while on a browser page, too. Any ideas?? I don't give permission to install such program! It's only started this morning, and installed a few times now.

  2. #2
    Senior Member hyacinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Lee View Post
    Can anyone explain why this small blue square with an open cardboard box inside appears on-screen? While it sways about during play, realising it is automatically installing it's APP. on my device. Upon uninstalling, few moments later, it appears again. Determined little blue box it is! It first appeared while in Township, presuming where it's from, but must admit had cropped up while on a browser page, too. Any ideas?? I don't give permission to install such program! It's only started this morning, and installed a few times now.
    Hi. I have no idea where it is from. If you downloaded from your local app store then you should have the latest verrsion of Township and nothing more. Has it got a sad face in the box? As I have seen that on my old laptop when the software was out of date for the app I was using. Are you able to take a screenshot of it?

  3. #3
    I am having the same problem on my tablet. I don't have any games installed on this device so it can't be anything to do with township. It started yesterday for me. At first I thought it was Dropbox because the icon is similar. I have uninstalled it several times over the last 2 days

  4. #4
    Senior Member hyacinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee Dobson View Post
    I am having the same problem on my tablet. I don't have any games installed on this device so it can't be anything to do with township. It started yesterday for me. At first I thought it was Dropbox because the icon is similar. I have uninstalled it several times over the last 2 days
    Hi Zee, is it possible for you to take a screenshot of it, so we can try and get some advice for you and J-Lee?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    Hi Zee, is it possible for you to take a screenshot of it, so we can try and get some advice for you and J-Lee?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS...w?usp=drivesdk

    Hope this works. I've just uninstalled it again.

  6. #6
    Senior Member hyacinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    3,419
    Hi. Thank you for the screenshot Zee

    Can you let me know what platform/device you are playing Township on and which app store you are installing the Township app from?

  7. #7
    I only have township on my Samsung galaxy j5 and only ever download apps from the Google play store. I didn't download township till today and this problem started yesterday. In the app info for the H5 game it says com.google.ePlay4Service.backservice. I don't believe it has anything to do with the game

  8. #8
    Senior Member hyacinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee Dobson View Post
    I only have township on my Samsung galaxy j5 and only ever download apps from the Google play store. I didn't download township till today and this problem started yesterday. In the app info for the H5 game it says com.google.ePlay4Service.backservice. I don't believe it has anything to do with the game
    Hi Zee. The information I have found appears to indicate that this is the new version of the Game Center for some IOS and Android platforms. I did get this advice on how to disable it but I can't try it as I don't have the right device.



    iOS - How to disable the Game Center?

    Issue
    Solution
    See also: How to switch off game centre


    Issue

    How to disable the Game Center of iOS? Each time I launch a game, the Game Center opens and ask me to sign-in.
    Solution

    First you need to sign-out from the Game Center.
    Launch the Game Center app > Sign out
    Launch a game and as soon as you are asked to sign-in to the Game Center, tap on the Cancel button and restart the app.
    Repeat the above operation for a couple of times until a small popup asking you if you want to disable the Game Center is displayed.
    Tap on Disable



    This document entitled « iOS - How to disable the Game Center? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

  9. #9
    I'm having the same problem also on my tablet and I haven't ever played Township before, every time I uninstall it it comes back I have no clue what is going on!

  10. #10
    Senior Member hyacinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by MINDFR3AK13 View Post
    I'm having the same problem also on my tablet and I haven't ever played Township before, every time I uninstall it it comes back I have no clue what is going on!
    It seems to be the new game center for your platform and it is activated when you install a game app.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •