Thread: 135pt Silk & Cocoa

135pt Silk & Cocoa

Im failing to find the logic behind why it takes 153 fields of silk to equal a 135pt task yet cocoa which takes 7 hours less to grow only requires 131 fields to earn 135pts.

The tasks vary in their level of difficulty; you earn as much for growing 150+ fields of rubber which takes a minimum of 12 hours as you do for taking 30 seconds to do the House of Luck task. So its just the same thing to have different levels of difficulty in the various crop growing tasks.

I see your logic but im comparing things that grow.

To me it belongs to the different challenges to have good or less good luck on getting more or less well calculated tasks of the same category. The game would be pretty boring if everything in here was reasonable only.

Give the thrill a chance!
    Grüße & Best Regards,

Town: ....... Missy's
    My_Coop: . Frond M
    Coop Tag: . #FR2524
    Level: .......145, Gold
    Minimum: ..Level 95
    Language: .German

Started:....July 2016
    Pathes are made by walking

Morph, I dont think we can compare growing tasks .... why should ALL growing tasks be equal? Its good that some are easier than others. As Missy puts it, there are different levels of luck involved. I suppose it also means we have to employ a bit of strategy in weighing up whether its worth taking a particular growing task or dump it and bank on something easier/luckier to come along. I agree with you though: they are hugely unequal.

Interesting. Just to put things into a little bit more prospective.

Harvest Task Allotted Time Grow Time Amount Avg. Fields Avg. Time Actual Time Score
    Silk 2 days 8 hours 15:00 153 80 28:41 30:00 135

Harvest Task Allotted Time Grow Time Amount Avg. Fields Avg. Time Actual Time Score
    Cacao 1 day 16 hours 8:00 131 80 13:06 16:00 135

In conclusion, I would skip the Silk task IMO.
    Last edited by Busy Bee; 11-30-2016 at 05:39 AM.

With the Super Harvest booster activated neither is terribly difficult with 135 points up for the taking. Im just pointing out its not linear. Rather its a bell curve in contrast from corn or wheat for example when you consider the number of fields required. All tasks are not going to be equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph View Post
    With the Super Harvest booster activated neither is terribly difficult with 135 points up for the taking. Im just pointing out its not linear. Rather its a bell curve in contrast from corn or wheat for example when you consider the number of fields required. All tasks are not going to be equal.
    Except, this race I am still sitting on rubber trees since the opening morning of the race. One of my team mates planted silk and sat for days without a 135 task ever coming up for silk. She finally took silk for 131 just to free up her fields. It's getting personal for me now with my rubber tress. I DON'T CARE IF I have to keep them in the ground for 5 races, I'm GOING to get 135 for them. LOL

Of course I'm only able to even do it because I have the 2xs crops booster I didn't buy until today from the fear it would run out before the task came up. I was right. I do agree with Busy Bee. I'll never plant rubber again and I'll sure advise my members not to plant silk.

Sibby's 2.0

Thank you. I will take that advice. I wondered if anybody could really finish those rubber / cocoa
    tasks without sacrificing completion of more tasks in the same timeframe. I have less than 7,000
    population so not a lot of fields/barn space. I can't afford to hold that many fields 'hostage' for a
    135 point return. I can do two measly 88 point tasks while keeping up with planes & trains in less
    time than one rubber or cacao task.
    Last edited by ramonaquilter; 12-17-2016 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Meant withot but nstead of with
    Township: Georgetown
    Level: 141
    IOS: iPad Air 2