Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why more factories?

If you don’t get the factory, and you don’t pay for Rajah, what happens when your trains ask for 2 crates of stuff from that factory? You might get one filled by friends, but for the other you basically depend on your co-op. What if you are the only member high enough to have that factory? Would the train just sit there forever waiting for you to fill that impossible second crate?

Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    If you don’t get the factory, and you don’t pay for Rajah, what happens when your trains ask for 2 crates of stuff from that factory? You might get one filled by friends, but for the other you basically depend on your co-op. What if you are the only member high enough to have that factory? Would the train just sit there forever waiting for you to fill that impossible second crate?
    Conventional wisdom says that TRAINs don't ask for things you cannot physically produce, i.e., you don't have the actual factory. That way the trains do not sit forever. There is no way to send a partially filled train.

PLANEs and HELICOPTERs can and do ask for things you are at a level to produce even if you don't have the factory. This is because a plane can be sent empty / missing some items and helicopter orders can be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Conventional wisdom says that TRAINs don't ask for things you cannot physically produce, i.e., you don't have the actual factory. That way the trains do not sit forever. There is no way to send a partially filled train.

PLANEs and HELICOPTERs can and do ask for things you are at a level to produce even if you don't have the factory. This is because a plane can be sent empty / missing some items and helicopter orders can be cancelled.
    Charlie answered things perfectly, but just wanted to add that should someone actually ever find themselves stuck in a situation where their train needs an item from a factory they haven't built yet, they can't ask their co-op members, and they don't buy Raj, there is one other source that could be used to get the item, and that is the general market boxes. The item should appear for sale in your regular market just like any other item. So, you could buy it whenever you saw it in order to keep some on hand, or wait until you get asked for it and then hope that some appears for sale within a few refreshes of the market (not super convenient, but your train wouldn't be stuck forever at least). Also, you could win the item at the House of Luck, though that is an even more unreliable source.

Anemone: I built the factory, but products were just beginning to be made when both my train and helicopter orders asked for bouquet(s). Luckily, my Market refreshed and there were several bouquets in it for sale.

Johnalex Zarco
    We can barely afford the factories we have! Any new factories would be even more expensive!

Thanks for the answers, I didn’t know that about trains. They seem to be more difficult to fill than the planes at times.
    I would like a breather from factories, in order to get caught up with everything.

Thanks for the answers, I didn’t know that about trains. They seem to be more difficult to fill than the planes at times.
    I would like a breather from factories, in order to get caught up with everything.
    I've never heard of someone's train asking for something from a factory they didn't have. Though as Nana says, the second you begin construction of a new factory, you're at risk of trains demanding the goods from it. That's why I time such construction carefully.