Thread: HUGE GLITCH #privacy - downloading your pics from this app into my phone/computer

HUGE GLITCH #privacy - downloading your pics from this app into my phone/computer

So... i go to sync my Note 8 today and I have LOTS and I mean LOTS of images that are not mine. Oddly enough I recognize some as township profile pics FROM OTHER USERS. Now I guess they are from your facebook accounts or what have you but crickets from Township after messaging them in game about the issue. I work as a security analyst. I was hoping they would look at and address the issue.

I joined the forum just to see if I could get a response from the community/dev team about a fix.

I have to go and delete about 900 strangers' pics from my images downloaded from my phone today.

HELLO?? Township?? Do ya read these??

Anyway... you users should know that if you are on my team... maybe friend list... that I have all your facebook pics :P

Fun fun fun...

ohhhh and I'm pretty sure this is not GDPR compliant

Hi, brennaville!

Sorry to hear you have come across an issue. Would you be so kind to PM me your ticket's ID? To find it please open the chat with the Support team agent, tap the "i" icon in the upper right corner of the screen.

If you could also share some screenshots, it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
    Anna

Just to let you know, this is a "player's forum" populated mostly by players like yourself. While it is hosted on a "playrix.com" domain, this is not where you contact the support group with issues.

Responses here come from other players and occasionally a "forum administrator", which is in fact someone who works for Playrix. However, I have yet to see either the development team or the customer support team answer directly here. Like us, you'll have to contact Customer Support directly using the information in THIS POST

It is always possible that an Admin (Anna) might contact you directly but I would suggest your first attempt be through the support channels.

Good luck with the "picture purge"
    Last edited by cdosr; 07-05-2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Beaten to the punch by Anna! Thanks.

Hi, brennaville! I reported this one year ago and nothing changed about thousand avatars on my Samsung Android. I still have it, you can check in your Samsung if you have this. I guess you have

Screenshot_2018-07-05-22-32-13-1.jpg

And I DON'T have Facebook

Hey cdosr,

Thanks a lot for jumping in! Kindly note, that when there's a question or feedback for the devs or the CS team we definitely pass it on right away and then get back to you when we have the info from them. The reason why we ask our Forum users to contact our Customer Support directly from the game is that in most cases this is the only way to obtain technical info needed to analyze and fix any issues. However, you guys letting us know about the situations you're facing in the game is super helpful, we do appreciate it greatly

Have a nice day!

Regards,
    Anna

I do not see the problem with having the avatars of other players on my device. Actually, it make sense to me as it means that they show up faster when needed and it limit the data traffic needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    I do not see the problem with having the avatars of other players on my device. Actually, it make sense to me as it means that they show up faster when needed and it limit the data traffic needed.
    Cache files are junk files in our phones and can slow down our devices. I regularly cleared all caches including this township cache in My Files and didn't notice any lagging with my friend list in game.