Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumping Tasks

Dumping Tasks

Is there a way you can lock regatta tasks/chests so that once started, another player cannot dump them? Once selected, it should only be able to be dumped by the person working on it. We often have issues where a member is working on something, and someone else dumps it.

Only leaders and co-leaders can dump a chest with an active task. If people are dumping chests that the shouldn't be, demote them.

Is there a way to find out who dumped the chest, because I know my leader didn't and I am co-leader and I didn't but when I came back on to finish task it showed dumped but neither one of us did it and we were the only 2 working on that chest at time. So maybe one of us accidentally did, but how can I find out who?

Quote Originally Posted by Babigirl View Post
    Is there a way to find out who dumped the chest, because I know my leader didn't and I am co-leader and I didn't but when I came back on to finish task it showed dumped but neither one of us did it and we were the only 2 working on that chest at time. So maybe one of us accidentally did, but how can I find out who?
    Hi,

Another possible answer is that either you or someone else doing tasks in that chest failed a task. If the timer runs out on any of the tasks in the chest, the whole chest will be marked as failed.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

Another possible answer is that either you or someone else doing tasks in that chest failed a task. If the timer runs out on any of the tasks in the chest, the whole chest will be marked as failed.
    Which is very irritating! This is the only thing that I don't like about the interseasonal regattas. Has happened to me twice now, nearly at the end of my particular task - with hours to go, I may add! - and then a big red cross suddenly appears. Grrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

Could an elder or member take a task in a chest and then dump that task? Is that a work around that allows them to dump chests?

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Could an elder or member take a task in a chest and then dump that task? Is that a work around that allows them to dump chests?
    If a task is started then dumped, it can be started again by the person who dumped it (with a 30min limit), or anyone else in the co-op. The chest won't be failed/dumped because of it.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Of course! Thanks for the clarification.

It may have been system error rather than player error. During the first interseasonal, I had two tasks X themselves apparently not of anyone’s doing.

The first task Xed as I was getting ready to harvest wool and feed the sheep. There was plenty of time on my task and the other timed task still had time on it. I thought that perhaps the leader had dumped it by accident while experimenting with all the new things.

The second failed task happened only a couple of hours into a ship task that had over 24 hours left on it. The other timed-task player and I discussed it, and we had both just started our tasks when it happened.

I wrote them off as bugs in the system, as it was the first running. No one else reported anything odd in subsequent interseasonals until this last one when it happened to another player. She had just started a ship task when it suddenly Xed with plenty of time left. Perhaps the glitch is recurring intermittently.

I have the same problem. Last regatta, both my feed the animals tasks got X before I finished. From being in top 3 during the race, I dropped to the bottom and out of the Gold league.

Just happened again, this regatta. My ship task for bananas got X before the 2nd shipments came bacK! Currently in top position but looks like I’ll drop down again!

It’s very frustrating. I’m a solo racer.

Contacted customer support when it happened last race. They asked me to update but there’s no other updates. Am playing the latest version 4.4