View Poll Results: Does anyone even use the zoo still?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 73.08%
  • No

5 19.23%
  • Not there yet

0 0%
  • Want to, but cant

3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to level up the zoo without selling stuff in the zoo?

Is there a way to level up the zoo without selling stuff in the zoo?

I want to be able to use my zoo more, but there is no real way I can. All the products the shops ask for are also needed for my planes, trains, and friends. I rarely can sell in the zoo, but want to be able to build my enclosures. Are there other ways one can use the zoo to level it up, preferably quickly? Thank-you
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Unfortunately the only way to level up the zoo is to earn "Hearts". And while you can get some hearts from building shops, building enclosures, or acquiring animals (buying or breeding), you will never get enough hearts from those activities to complete a level. You must earn additional hearts by selling items in the zoo shops.

Balancing the zoo shop products with your other needs for those products or the use of the factories for other things is just another challenge. This might be one reason why a lot of people defer working on the zoo until they've advanced quite a bit in the main game.

I used to have the same doubt as you mentioned above, Johnalex.

Then I found out that selling milk, corn, carrots in the zoo shops got me enough hearts to level up the zoo. So if you have a few shops in the zoo, upgrade those shops with more baskets if you can, then when there's milk, corn, carrots (fast growing stuff that you will not missed if sold, because you can always grow/produce fast enough for your train/plane/friends) on the shop sale list, sell them in zoo shops no matter whether they are hot item or not.

With those baskets, you can also take 135 zoo tasks with ease when milk, corn, or carrots is hot sale item! Now I just fill the baskets with these 3 items even when they are not hot sale items, and my zoo level up fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    I used to have the same doubt as you mentioned above, Johnalex.

Then I found out that selling milk, corn, carrots in the zoo shops got me enough hearts to level up the zoo. So if you have a few shops in the zoo, upgrade those shops with more baskets if you can, then when there's milk, corn, carrots (fast growing stuff that you will not missed if sold, because you can always grow/produce fast enough for your train/plane/friends) on the shop sale list, sell them in zoo shops no matter whether they are hot item or not.

With those baskets, you can also take 135 zoo tasks with ease when milk, corn, or carrots is hot sale item! Now I just fill the baskets with these 3 items even when they are not hot sale items, and my zoo level up fairly quickly.
    OK. I will keep that in mind. Thankyou
    Johnalex Zarco
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Oh! Forgot to mention: when you upgrade your zoo shops, in addition to adding more baskets, you might want to upgrade hearts instead of coins, because you get less coins this way than other coin-earning activities, and zoo shops is the only way you can earn hearts, so upgrade hearts will be more valuable than upgrade coins. Hope this make sense.

Oh! Forgot to mention: when you upgrade your zoo shops, in addition to adding more baskets, you might want to upgrade hearts instead of coins, because you get less coins this way than other coin-earning activities, and zoo shops is the only way you can earn hearts, so upgrade hearts will be more valuable than upgrade coins. Hope this make sense.
    OK. I dont know how to get "upgrade hearts".
    Johnalex Zarco

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    OK. I dont know how to get "upgrade hearts".
    While in the zoo, click on one of the shops you have. Check the green arrow on the bottom right and click on it. You will get different options to upgrade, exactly like we upgrade our factories in town.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    While in the zoo, click on one of the shops you have. Check the green arrow on the bottom right and click on it. You will get different options to upgrade, exactly like we upgrade our factories in town.
    OK. Thank-you Graylady. I will do that
    Johnalex Zarco

When you click on the zoo shop, there's a green arrow (up) sign, click on that sign, it will ask you what you want to upgrade (from left to right: basket, coins, hearts, time reduced). That's how you can choose between them.

However, not every option is available at every upgrade stage, it depends on the number of your zoo animals, your zoo-shop level, and so on. Each upgrade will ask three kinds of tools (same ones that you used to build that shop), but as for how many tools needed in each level of upgrade you have to check the township wikia for the information (just type "township wikia zoo buildings" in google search, at that zoo building webpage, click the zoo shop you want to upgrade, the information will be there).

Keep just enough tools for each zoo shop upgrade, because after the initial 2 upgrades (need 4 animals?), you will need more zoo animals to get the next upgrade available, so it will take time for the next upgrade.

When you click on the zoo shop, there's a green arrow (up) sign, click on that sign, it will ask you what you want to upgrade (from left to right: basket, coins, hearts, time reduced). That's how you can choose between them.

However, not every option is available at every upgrade stage, it depends on the number of your zoo animals, your zoo-shop level, and so on. Each upgrade will ask three kinds of tools (same ones that you used to build that shop), but as for how many tools needed in each level of upgrade you have to check the township wikia for the information (just type "township wikia zoo buildings" in google search, at that zoo building webpage, click the zoo shop you want to upgrade, the information will be there).

Keep just enough tools for each zoo shop upgrade, because after the initial 2 upgrades (need 4 animals?), you will need more zoo animals to get the next upgrade available, so it will take time for the next upgrade.
    OK. Thank-you
    Johnalex Zarco