Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co-op leaders leaving co-op stranded

Co-op leaders leaving co-op stranded

Hi, I'd like to address the issue of leaders in Co-ops leaving and not assigning someone else to take over. I've had this happen three times. I think there should be a way to appoint a new leader if that person has left the game. It's not right to have to recreate a new co-op, especially if the co-op is doing well without the leader who created it. In my current co-op we do well enough, but cannot recruit or level up anyone's status. We have one elder, the rest of us are just members. Perhaps Playrix could at least let Elders upgrade as Co-leader so they can appoint and manage the co-op in proper fashion.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Catsalot; 06-24-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: forgot a word

hi Catsalot,

that shouldn't happen, the less three times. The help says:

"If the Leader leaves the co-op without promoting a replacement, the position will be assumed by the player:
    - with the highest rank in the co-op;
    - with the highest town level among the people within that rank;
    - who has been a member of the co-op the longest."

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?p=web&l=en&s=chat-and-co-ops&f=what-positions-do-co-ops-have

This should happen automatically, when the leader leaves.
    So, no explanation why it didn't in your case, and unless someone else has a solution, I'd report it ingame.

If the person just abandoned their game w/o actually leaving the Coop, there's no other choice than building a new Coop. And seeing how every other solution could be abused, I'd see no other solution there either.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-24-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Thank you DD for the information. Yes, sadly enough in each situation the leader has simply abandoned co-op. Thank you and I really appreciate your response. We will just keep on going as is!

You're welcome, Catsalot, but I really would reconsider that then. With only one Elder,who can dump only, that must be stress - plus the problems you described. Just talk it over in Chat, friend everyone in the Coop who wants to join the new one, so they can invite each other, then one of you leave and open the new Coop, set it to "by request", the others follow by invitation or with requesting to join. No big deal, just that you start in wooden again (I personally find the lower leagues like a vacation, lol, so much less demanding). But if you've found a good group, it's worth it
    Whatever you decide, happy sailing!

Quote Originally Posted by Catsalot View Post
    Thank you DD for the information. Yes, sadly enough in each situation the leader has simply abandoned co-op. Thank you and I really appreciate your response. We will just keep on going as is!
    Is there a way you can contact the leader outside of the game?
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Is there a way you can contact the leader outside of the game?
    No. Too much potential for harrassment.

Does highest ranking member get promoted automatically after the leader leaves or does the coop have to wait until the regatta is over?

If a leader LEAVE a co-op, another player is automatically promoted BUT, if a leader just STOP playing, the co-op is stuck. As long as the dormant leader is there, nobody can take the leadership.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I'm one of those dormant leaders. Such a headache! I joined on a mobile phone but phones go out of date or break or get lost, etc. I got a new phone but couldn't get my old account so I started a new one. Joined my own co-op. Where I messed up is not making the new account leader right away. I never dreamed things could get so messy and difficult. The old account, which has a ton of Township cash on it, suddenly couldn't update, which froze the account. I can't get on. Even worse, I was opted in on regattas when it happened. We always race with a handicap...me.

We had a person disappear for 6 months once. Turns out she was in the hospital. I realized that death and disease were issues in the game co-ops just as much as on social media. I had 2 different friends and a nephew die and leave behind their social media accounts. No one knows how to cancel their accounts. Some of those missing leaders might fall into that catagory. I have instructed my daughter to clear my accounts should that happen to me. Mind you, she can't clear the one I can't get on. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by PersistantKitty View Post
    I'm one of those dormant leaders. Such a headache! I joined on a mobile phone but phones go out of date or break or get lost, etc. I got a new phone but couldn't get my old account so I started a new one. Joined my own co-op. Where I messed up is not making the new account leader right away. I never dreamed things could get so messy and difficult. The old account, which has a ton of Township cash on it, suddenly couldn't update, which froze the account. I can't get on. Even worse, I was opted in on regattas when it happened. We always race with a handicap...me.
    Have you tried getting in touch with support to retrieve and transfer your old game, so that you can play it on your current device? As you have both games in the same co-op, you have all the details needed for them to connect your initial town to your current device.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT