Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking A Break

Taking A Break

I have decided to take a break from the forum, recent events have left me very upset. I apologise if I have upset anyone along the way also.

I felt quite defensive over the Johnalex situation, all I saw was a young lad still at school with a great talent for creating another world literally in his stories. I know he found the lounge a safe place to share his stories and had the courage to put them on display for people to read.

I thought some of the comments made were hurtful and could have been managed in a much friendlier manner.

So I just do not feel the forum is a very good place for me to be at the moment, if im honest my nerves are shot to bits.

Johnalex I will miss your stories, hopefully I will be back at a later point and I really hope to still find you sharing your creations, and with DD asking the questions I would like to know the answers to.

Take care Downton.

Downton,

I will miss you.
    So sorry you feel that way and I hope you do come back.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 06-26-2018 at 07:41 PM.

hi Downton,

huggss! I am SO sorry to see your post, and feel quite left alone now - but I do understand how you feel, I feel the same.
    You are absolutely right IMO. Such an unnecessary downer to that innocent pastime.

hopefully I will be back at a later point
    Yes. Please. Soon.
    Please, do reconsider soon. I don't think that Johnalex and I (and some silent readers) can keep the fun and fun banter up for long in this atmosphere, and while being sad about your absence.
    Well, stopping it was probably the goal after all, so maybe you are just right to take a break

Will try to get and keep all answers prepared for your return!
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-26-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

I felt quite defensive over the Johnalex situation, all I saw was a young lad still at school with a great talent for creating another world literally in his stories. I know he found the lounge a safe place to share his stories and had the courage to put them on display for people to read.

Take care Downton.
    Please Downton, stay..........whoever has been complaining, should take a long hard look at themselves....... complaining about a talented schoolboy? I'm shocked.

Something as negative as that could put at end to what is obviously a huge talent.

So please Downton, stay and support someone who has a great future in literature, you could make all the difference to him

Disclosure: I didn’t read the entire thread of events so I’m not sure if I might be missing key information. I believe in saving “your drama for your momma” type of thing lol

Downtown, people don’t want you to go and I agree. Perhaps some comments were not nice but no need to act heartbroken or melodramatic. In fact, you should be here encouraging other people to read his stories by posting in his threads, etc.

I personally don’t care too much for his stories but I will defend his right to keep posting them. People also have the right not to like his stories and voice their opinions. I simply think that his stories could be better organized like in one master thread.At one point, as a new member, it did seem to me that the lounge had too many non fictional stories.

Furthermore, we should encourage him to join a literary forum where his work will be much better appreciate and read.

Johnalex Zarco
    I have decided to take a break from the forum, recent events have left me very upset. I apologise if I have upset anyone along the way also.

I thought some of the comments made were hurtful and could have been managed in a much friendlier manner.

So I just do not feel the forum is a very good place for me to be at the moment, if im honest my nerves are shot to bits.

Johnalex I will miss your stories, hopefully I will be back at a later point and I really hope to still find you sharing your creations, and with DD asking the questions I would like to know the answers to.

Take care Downton.
    I dont understand why you would feel the need to take offense to anything said.
    I think people took it out of context. I dont think anyone was complaining, but was just asking for something different.
    I didnt mean for a revolution when I said "I cant post for little while" citing the comments as my main reason. I personally think that they were innocent and someone (who I am aware is much much older than I) asked something to their best of their ability. If my experience with my grandmother means anything, I think they simply just didnt know how to put their question into the right context. Nothing to be angry over!
    Please stay Downton, otherwise I dont think I will post anytime soon until I see you back into the forums!

Johnalex pleased to see you are good

I am not angry, I never said I was angry. I simply didn't agree with how things were dealt with, & I stand by that.

Actually it was me who suggested condensing the threads for the benefit of everyone else in the lounge.

I do not underestimate peoples abilities in being able to express themselves the way they want to and therefore do not agree it was done in a very nice way. Being older does not equal incapeable, although young people seem to think this lol.

I have learnt something though, let people get on with it ,& please to anyone reading this, if you have nothing nice to say to me just leave it alone. I am just as entitled to my opinions as you are yours.

Yes that was a short break wasn't it? But im not just going to sit back and watch myself get thrown under the bus. No matter it wont happen again, lesson learned.

I am pleased to see a few people have gone and read some of the stories, nice to see that something positive has come out of all of this.

ETA Jdelacr, I certainly wasn't acting heartbroken, but on reflection I may have been a bit melodramatic,apologies for this. Forums or indeed any social site( don t do Facebook etc)are new for me and it seems my lack of experience is showing.
    Last edited by Downton; 06-27-2018 at 09:40 AM.

... on reflection I may have been a bit melodramatic,apologies for this. Forums or indeed any social site( don t do Facebook etc)are new for me and it seems my lack of experience is showing.
    no, I don't think so - neither melodramatic (lol, really not) nor any inexperience; don't let anyone talk you into believing that! (not even yourself *g*)

SO happy to know you are back, Downton. Hope you won't turn totally silent either!

Thanks DD,
    Oh my i really have a great ability to get myself in the middle of a s**t storm.

I think i have proven going silent is not in my nature lol.

Btw I already posted this message with a quote including your Sun animation and it went to mods so will no doubt be a duplicate message pop up today.

Hey Downton, so pleased your break was so short. Never apologise for the way you feel. I didn’t find it dramatic, just very honest & you have my respect for that.