View Poll Results: Do you guys think I should make separate threads for new editions or add them here?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add them as replies to this thread

1 33.33%
  • Make separate threads per new edition

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Amondale [Merged]

Post Amondale [Merged]

The towns of Daimler-Kingston Industries might look like simple towns, but they are much more. The company Daimler-Kingston Industries operates them, every citizen is an employee. They live in these communities where they produce goods set up for manufacturing by the holding company. Founded in 1927 when the companies of George Daimler (1827-1920) and Charles Kingston (1824-1889) were merged under Victor Daimler (1855-1936) who married Grace Kingston (1857-1932) in 1879.
    George Daimler
    George Alexander Edward Phillip Arthur Daimler was born on January 20, 1827 to Cobalt (1799-1856) and Terese Daimler (1803-1886) in London, UK. His family moved to the Amondalean (Amondale is a mythical world BTW) country of Levitica (another mythical country). In 1849, Daimler married Elizabeth Charleston (1830-1918). Elizabeth encouraged him to join the Royal Armed forces and serve the crown. While in the army, Daimler met Charles Spencer (1832-1926) who became a good friend and eventually business partner. Daimler and Spencer founded Daimler-Spencer Industries (1874-1919) in 1874. Quickly, Daimler became rich and invested in a multi-industrial company. In 1919, after World War I (1914-1918), Spencer and Daimler split their businesses and Spencer formed Spencer Law (1919-1926) while Daimler formed Daimler Industries (1919-1927). Sadly, Daimler was not in the best of health. He died aged 93 on September 20, 1920. Elizabeth Daimler had died in 1918 aged 88, 2 years before George.
    Charles Kingston
    Charles Theodore Kingston was born while his parents were on a trip to New York City, USA on December 25, 1824 to Lloyd (1800-1829) and Amanda Kingston (1806-1850). After his Mom's death in 1850 (she was only 44), he became interested in business and formed an oil company in northern Mexico but later moved to Texas where he married his first wife Hillary Kingston (1823-1866) in 1853. He formed Kingston Carriages in 1859. When Hillary died aged 43 in 1866 from a stroke, he chose to move to Levitica where he received a grant from the Queen Teresa II Institute of Business. He formed Kingston Industries in 1872. In 1877, he married Catherine Warner (1835-1936), a 4-time widow and upper-class woman. Charles died from a heart attack aged 64 on February 6, 1889. Catherine never remarried and died aged 101 surviving him by 47 years.

If you guys like this (let me know!), I will continue the story. If you guys dont or find it boring (let me know!), I will scrap it
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Post Daimler-Kingston Industries: History Part 2 "The Victorian Revolution 1920-1952"

Not many people seemed interested in my last posting, so I guess I can continue on (?)

By 1930, Daimler-Kingston Industries (DKI for short) was a booming company that sold in nearly 50 countries! When George Daimler died in 1920, his son Alexander W. Daimler (1852-1936) took over the company. Though Alexander was the leader of the company, it was his wife Victoria Daimler (1857-1952) who truly ran the company and expanded it and saw it take over. The events that took place during this time are called the Victorian Revolution. Victoria believed that the company was not protected from government regulations within factories. In 1935, she set out to find land to start a city. This came with many problems, one of them was 1936. In 1936, Alexander W. died aged 84 and their son Peter Daimler (1875-1946) refused to give power to his mother once he became president. This led to a power struggle which ultimately led to the company ousting Peter and appointing Victoria supreme governor of the company. In 1937, the first town was set up with a grant from Levitica's King Alexander II (1895-1947 r.1919-1947).
    Victoria served as the mayor as this city with His Majesty's Blessing from 1937 to 1947. DKI helped with World War II supporting the Allied cause with Levitica. In 1947, Victoria handed being mayor of the town and CEO of DKI to her great-grandson Joseph Daimler (1927- ) but retained the presidency of her death aged 95 in 1952.
    Last edited by Johnalex Zarco; 05-13-2018 at 12:36 AM.
    Johnalex Zarco
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Johnalex Zarco

Hadn't noticed this before (just now from part 2), and find it an interesting read; thanks never heard of DKI towns before. Is that their name; where are they?
    I'm also curious to know, whether there's a relation to Township?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Hadn't noticed this before (just now from part 2), and find it an interesting read; thanks never heard of DKI towns before. Is that their name; where are they?
    I'm also curious to know, whether there's a relation to Township?
    They are my towns in Township
    If you go to my towns they are both named Daimler-Kingston Industries. I figured I would make up a story about them
    Johnalex Zarco

I find your story interesting
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 178
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

I too find it interesting. Thank you for doing this!
    I will also want to visit your towns.

Kind regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

I googled and couldn't find any company in that name: Daimler-Kingston Industries or DKI.

Daimler is a German car company (the luxury car maker), and Kingston is the world largest memory card/stick (SD, SSD,USB....) company, I bought some of mine from them.... And the country of Levitica is really interesting, it has the root of Leviticus (Jewish roots)........ Amondale is a private sheep raising farm........

The story is interesting and look genuine (now I know is fictitious, ).

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    I googled and couldn't find any company in that name: Daimler-Kingston Industries or DKI.

Daimler is a German car company (the luxury car maker), and Kingston is the world largest memory card/stick (SD, SSD,USB....) company, I bought some of mine from them.... And the country of Levitica is really interesting, it has the root of Leviticus (Jewish roots)........ Amondale is a private sheep raising farm........

The story is interesting and look genuine (now I know is fictitious, ).
    Until now, I had know I idea Amondale was a farm. I assumed I made that word up several years ago. Levitica is not real either, though I took the name from Leviticus. I took Daimler from Daimler AG, which is the owner of Mercedes-Benz, as you noted. And Kingston, yes, I stole that from an SD card in my phone

But the story is not real. I should add a disclaimer for the story
    Johnalex Zarco

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    Also, there is no company by that name. I googled it when I thought of it. Daimler is my favorite car company and Kingston is also the name of the capital of Jamaica. Kingston literally means "King's Town". I use Daimler-Kingston Industries in Township.
    Johnalex Zarco