Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaders & The New “Reservation Status” Option. To Demote Or Not Demote?

Leaders & The New “Reservation Status” Option. To Demote Or Not Demote?

I’m one of those leaders who was nice enough to promote everyone to elder in order to take advantage of the reserve feature. I wasn’t happy then about it because it ruined my rank structure and left little room for promotion. But allowing members to reserve was more important to me. Now that this new update is allowing for us to choose who gets to reserve task, I’m conflicted with the decision to demote several current elders who I wouldn’t mind simply being “members” again. However, a demotion is, in my opinion, a big blow to a persons moral and might be discouraging and cause for discourse and upset. How are other leaders in my same position handling this new update? Are you demoting elders to members? You plan on keeping things the same and just not promoting any new members? If you have demoted, was it received well? I’m not wanting to “rock the boat” (bad pun intended. Lol) but I’m wanting to return to the way I was operating pre “reserve” days.

I feel for you. I'm not planning to demote anyone. From this point onward, I think new people coming in will be promoted as they were before the reservation system started. The only thing an elder can do is invite people, so it isn't a substantial authority. Let them keep it.

I'm with Veganville. Previously we'd been reserving tasks using the in-game messages, which meant promoting a good number of members to co-leader. Once the current reservation system was released, it wasn't deemed necessary to demote anyone, and the same goes for this new feature.

One other thing that Elders can do is "dump tasks". We made everyone an Elder so we didn't have to be online all the time to clean up the task board. The reservation system, old or new, hasn't changed that need. So unless your co-op prohibits dumping (and there are those who do), leave the current status as is.

That’s a good point cdosr. I forgot all about dumping. I want for them all to be able to dump. That settles that. Thanks all for your input!

Hi Kkat,

I’m glad you brought this up. I’m a leader as well, I currently have everyone as co-leader (for fair play). Because I don’t want anyone kicking another out for petty stuff. My rules are - be kind, please don’t steal or dump reserved task. So far, so good. We’re a very happy group.

Before, it was first come first serve. No calling out tasks. But, now most of our team enjoys the reservation system.

Unfortunately, with the new unknown time limit on tasks that have been reserved.. I fear members will think someone took their tasks, bla, bla..

So, my big picture question is - does anyone know what the new time limit is? lol. Thanks for any info

You can set up different criteria for each position and if they maintain it they keep the position.
    Personally, I'm not going to demote anyone, because knock on wood, all current elders are being responsible about respecting co-op guidelines. I kinda hate babysitting adults and expect folks to dump, reserve, complete tasks, and be helpful under their own desire and sense of responsibility. We tend to weed out those who need hand holding. love my co-op!

Hi, I’m sorry if this comes up twice. I’m also a leader as well. I don’t want to demote anyone for the reasons of (being cool) fair play.

My big question is does anyone know the new time limit on reserved tasks? That’s a game adjuster?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie the Goat View Post

My big question is does anyone know the new time limit on reserved tasks? That’s a game adjuster?
    12 hours.

So, I’ve e also been testing .. if you un-reserve a task, you’ll get hit with a time penalty to re-reserve. Why isn’t this explained in the update?

Sorry, Kat .. I’m speaking in general terms