Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Delayed Start

  1. #11
    Yes to race solo you must first create a co op where you are the only member. Alternatively you could be in a co op that falls apart after some drama and everyone else leaves. I had this happen to me once. Then when a new regatta starts it is entirely up to the solo racer when to pick the first task that starts the race.

  2. #12
    Junior Member Alienmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    83
    Question?

    What is is the advantage of a delayed start?

  3. #13
    Sounds like someone should write a guide on this, I'll post one on my coop forum this weekend. One of townships hidden mechanics.

  4. #14

    Co-op groupings

    Quote Originally Posted by Alienmenace View Post
    Question?

    What is is the advantage of a delayed start?
    In theory, a delayed start would group you with other co-ops starting at the same time. That avoids anyone having a time advantage. For instance, when my group starts to wake up, other groups have already been racing for 4-5 hours. We have often come in 2nd or 3rd because those early risers finish the race before us, even though we all end up with the same score.
    Township Level: 131 - 11/6/2018
    Zoo Level: 45 - 11/6/2018
    Town Name: Tifftopia
    My code: 2BPK7S
    Platform: Android
    Co-op Name: Bosston
    Co-op Tag: #SD59ZR

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany L. Hair View Post
    In theory, a delayed start would group you with other co-ops starting at the same time. That avoids anyone having a time advantage. For instance, when my group starts to wake up, other groups have already been racing for 4-5 hours. We have often come in 2nd or 3rd because those early risers finish the race before us, even though we all end up with the same score.
    It is NOT because they finished before you. It is because they did all their tasks FASTER then you. Each co-op has a starting time which is when the first member pick up the first task.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

    Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

  6. #16

    Clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    It is NOT because they finished before you. It is because they did all their tasks FASTER then you. Each co-op has a starting time which is when the first member pick up the first task.
    This is the first I’ve heard of timing being an issue. Is there somewhere I can go to read more on how the scores are determined? I thought it was just straight points. Does anything besides time and points on tasks matter? Do we get penalized for dumping tasks from the board(not after starting them). Thanks for any clarification - we’ve been ending up becalmed and dropping and were confused why this kept happening.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Aislinn View Post
    This is the first I’ve heard of timing being an issue. Is there somewhere I can go to read more on how the scores are determined? I thought it was just straight points. Does anything besides time and points on tasks matter? Do we get penalized for dumping tasks from the board(not after starting them). Thanks for any clarification - we’ve been ending up becalmed and dropping and were confused why this kept happening.
    Hi Aislinn

    Time is taken into account when there is a tie between teams. The number of dump tasks has no effect on the race results but affect your position on the globalboard once you race in the gold league.

    If you find yourself in the becalmed water, maybe you have members marked as participating in the regatta without doing their tasks?
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

    Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

  8. #18
    Hi Merry,

    Yes, if you want to race solo (without a team) you will have to make a co-op for yourself. Keep in mind you’ll need to go to settings and close it or make it by request.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany L. Hair View Post
    Township Level: 112 - 11/14/2017
    Zoo Level: 42 - 11/14/2017
    as an aside, just curious: what happened in/since November last year? really no development?

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Aislinn View Post
    This is the first I’ve heard of timing being an issue. Is there somewhere I can go to read more on how the scores are determined?
    You find what Playrix has written down (several articles) here

    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...=web&s=regatta

    and there's also a Help section ingame (behind the cog top left).

    If you go "up" from that link, which is about the regatta, you find other topics for the game (and further up their other games).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •