Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delayed Start

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    It is NOT because they finished before you. It is because they did all their tasks FASTER then you. Each co-op has a starting time which is when the first member pick up the first task.
    I think this needs to be clarified again, as there is a new post here: https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...irst-to-Finish that sorta contradicts what is considered the starting time. *sigh

The post you've quoted from GL was posted before the confirmation came through, at was true at the time to what we all thought.

It has now been confirmed: it is the team that finishes their tasks FIRST, from the time the regatta STARTS, not the team that finishes quickest from their OWN start time.

Apparently, delayed starts still have advantages, but what these are was not expanded upon.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Thank you Nevada. Perhaps we will find out what advantage a delayed start has - if any soon. I really wish they would consider the time differences around the world. It's my opinion that the only way my coop would have any "fair" chances of winning would be to get up at 3 AM to start the race which is just not gonna happen.

Thank all, just to clarify. As per Cassies concern. We are paired with coops of equal numbers only, starting time has no impact. So we do not race against coops that start at the same time we do? If we start racing 2 hrs later, we will automatically have a 2hrs dissadvantage, am i correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Thank all, just to clarify. As per Cassies concern. We are paired with coops of equal numbers only, starting time has no impact. So we do not race against coops that start at the same time we do? If we start racing 2 hrs later, we will automatically have a 2hrs dissadvantage, am i correct?
    Not necessarily.
    Your co-op could be among the first few to be placed in a race, which is an advantage, OR you could be last boat added to a race which is a significant disadvantage as those added to race-group of 15 earlier can build up a large head start

I race solo so can start racing at any time within the 6 day race window. For the last race I started a mere 9 hours before the race ended. There were only 8 boats in the race. I came first having completed 14 tasks (not 16) and they were not all 135 point tasks. Had I wanted to just stay in gold league I would have needed to do only 2 tasks. I’ve found my racing strategy.

I was under the impression that delayed start means nothing now as Playrix have everyone's race starting at the same time, whereas previously it was when a task was taken.
    Some in our coop are wanting to try it so can someone confirm if delaying works still, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Even tho regatta starts at 4 am Eastern time in North America, we do usually have one or two awake at 4 or shortly thereafter to start. I took my first task about a quarter after and when I first checked, the top team in our race had already done 19 tasks with 4 racers, all 135. Imo that must have been a lot of tcash spent rushing everything.

I think the sad reality is that coops who aren't willing to do that aren't ever going to win in gold league anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Even tho regatta starts at 4 am Eastern time in North America, we do usually have one or two awake at 4 or shortly thereafter to start. I took my first task about a quarter after and when I first checked, the top team in our race had already done 19 tasks with 4 racers, all 135. Imo that must have been a lot of tcash spent rushing everything.

I think the sad reality is that coops who aren't willing to do that aren't ever going to win in gold league anymore.
    I was asleep when our group started last week so don't know when they started but we still finished 1st in Gold even though we had one player that took no tasks(they went missing and still are).

How many racers did you have? I think with more racers, things loosen up a bit.

I was thinking of what we've been seeing in groups with 4 or 5 racers. Last week only one team took a task below 135. The top 10 all had 4x16x135. The bottom four could have had the max if they purchased one last task.

One racer not doing tasks would have had us on the bottom pretty much any week.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 10-18-2019 at 10:34 PM.