View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Woodie Allen or New Guy?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Woodie Allen guy

5 17.24%
  • New guy

13 44.83%
  • Neither

4 13.79%
  • Both/Dont Care

7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of The New Movie Guy?

For people who have a moral objection to Woody Allen, I don't think Alfred Hitchcock's misogynistic ways were any more acceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Personally, with the backwards baseball cap, I see the new guy as more of a Kevin Smith type than a Spielberg.

Attachment 27844
    That's who I thought it was!

Every time I saw that old character it reminded me of the phenomenon of powerful men who abuse women and girls with impunity. I'm not suprised they changed the character artwork, more surprised that it took them this long. Though I feel like the game already had enough white men with beards; we don't really need yet another one.

I hadn't given the appearance of the video guy that much thought. it was only reading on the forum people would keep referring to him as Woody.
    I just saw him as a township character.
    Now with the new guy he is being made into another famous director. I try not to read into/ find connections between fantasy characters and real life.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I hadn't given the appearance of the video guy that much thought. it was only reading on the forum people would keep referring to him as Woody.
    I just saw him as a township character.
    Now with the new guy he is being made into another famous director. I try not to read into/ find connections between fantasy characters and real life.
    It is good to distinguish Township characters (fantasy) from Real World characters. Though his appearance definitely resembled Woody Allen. However, I didnt think Woody Allen for the character until I read the name here on the forums.

Yes i agree Johnalex there was a resemblance to Woody, i just also like yourself didn t really notice until I read on the forum.
    I guess we both just took him for a quirky township character & didn make a connection to a real person outside of the game.

I guess we both just took him for a quirky township character & didn make a connection to a real person outside of the game.
    I guess it also makes a difference whether / how much you "know" that person in real life. I had never heard of Kevin Smith (googled him now; yes, see the similarity) nor do I know how Spielberg looks, so didn't make any connection.
    I am amazed a bit they took yet another recognizable RL person then... aren't all others simply fantasy? (except if a Dev grafix person put their uncle or brother or mother or girlfriend in )

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I am amazed a bit they took yet another recognizable RL person then... aren't all others simply fantasy? (except if a Dev grafix person put their uncle or brother or mother or girlfriend in )
    I thought they would have had the sense to make a totally random character that couldn't be mistaken for another RL director/actor.

Lol, township is probably full of the Dev grafix own family

Good riddance. Better late than never.

Johnalex Zarco
    Yes i agree Johnalex there was a resemblance to Woody, i just also like yourself didn t really notice until I read on the forum.
    I hadnt heard of Woody Allen until I found out about Ronan Farrow! I guess I live[d] undera rock lol