Thread: Taking On Two Tasks At A Time In Regatta?

Taking On Two Tasks At A Time In Regatta?

I was just wondering if it could be something available in our near future of the game. Especially when you have to send out ships to collect goods from an island. It takes hours to complete. In the mean time while I'm waiting, it would be nice to take on a less time consuming task in the regatta. Just a thought. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Bt_lttl View Post
    I was just wondering if it could be something available in our near future of the game. Especially when you have to send out ships to collect goods from an island. It takes hours to complete. In the mean time while I'm waiting, it would be nice to take on a less time consuming task in the regatta. Just a thought. ������
    Hi Bt, this is an interesting one. On the one hand, it would obviously be nice for some people to do 2 tasks simultaneously so as not to be sitting idle during the longer ones, assuming your factories are already prepped to the max, and so those who can be on less can be more productive when they are. But then, on the other hand, I can imagine those in medium-large coops finding they were often waiting a long time to get a task if everyone could take 2 at a time. So I guess it could only work if the number of task slots was significantly increased, maybe even doubled. I just leave the lengthiest ship tasks to those going to work or going to bed.
    Last edited by Bessville; 06-03-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Isn’t this what task reserving is for? While your ship is out you are preparing items for a production task that you select next?

Use reservations, if your co-op allows. You reserve the olive collection and send off the ships, then take another task. And I second the suggestion to use your off time to your benefit.

I’d love to complete several task at one time. I could do it too. I’m quite confident in that. Lol! However, I know this will never happen considering Playrix is in the money making business. They would rather we get frustrated with the lengthy task such as ships and pay to bring them in faster so we can get to the next task we want. So as long as there’s money to be made off of lengthy task times, I doubt they will allow for us to do task simultaneously. I love the idea though. I’d also like to be able to complete as many task as I want, not just 15. But that’s a whole different topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    Isn’t this what task reserving is for? While your ship is out you are preparing items for a production task that you select next?
    Not necessarily.. my prep is usually done before race start. I can see the appeal for an individual to be able to grab a cheeky HOL or other quickie while their ships are out for a task, and many teams don’t allow reserves on those. I can also see it all being made very difficult for big teams, for various reasons. Best left alone, imo.

Yes technically only one task at the time. It makes good sense for large co-ops with many members. Plus not everyone is an overachiever. Lol

How much do people prep? I mean for plane task of 3 for example, the most you can prep is one plane before the race starts, right?

I prep factory tasks that require 8 items. Depending on my inventory of items from the factory, I will have 6 to 8 items sitting on the shelves waiting. For example, the Mexican factory would have 8 chili sauce waiting on the shelves, the shoe factory may have 8 tennis shoes or 8 brown boots.

I also prep items for the zoo. I want to make sure I have enough items ready to complete the task quickly. I will also have 300+ mining tools waiting. This season is smelting, so I will have 3 bars ready and plenty of copper or waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post

How much do people prep? I mean for plane task of 3 for example, the most you can prep is one plane before the race starts, right?
    Before race start, I stock my factory shelves with stuff like tables/cheesecakes/candles etc. I get the helipad full of easy orders, make sure the animals will be waiting to give me their goods, load up on zoo hot products, have mining tools and ores at the ready, with foundries full. I also have ships waiting with goods from one island. I tend to finish the race after a few days, so generally spend half the week racing with some stocked factories doing very little (i sometimes leave one shelf free so I can still top up my stocks) and the other half of the week just generally making stuff to restock the barn for planes, trains and helps.

I would never take a factory task I hadn’t already got most of the goods waiting for, because a teammate who prepped it could finish it so much faster, so my doing it from scratch is just not a good use of team time. Though mystery tasks can obviously catch you out.

That’s it, really. I like doing it that way.. gives my game week some structure.

Ahem - Combo tasks which we see every 3rd season or so are 3 tasks at a time