Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tools To Upgrade Barn

Tools To Upgrade Barn

I need nails to upgrade the barn, need 30 more, but only getting buckets and hammers from trains. Should I sell what I don't need of the buckets and hammers so that I might get more nails instead? Would love some advice as the buckets and hammers are hard to come by in the first place.

You don't mention your level, so I don't know if you are still collecting other building supplies and really need barn space. Some say keep all barn expansion tools, that they will level out. But mine never do, lol. So I sell my excess extras once a tool has gone over number needed. Only need 60 paint, but I have 67 so would sell 7. Sometimes I might sell 8 and sometimes it helps ne v

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 170
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Sorry, I'm on level 106, so only keeping enough bricks, glass's etc for zoo expansions. Have 20 more paint than needed, and 18 more hammers than needed. Should I sell them in hope for more nails?

The conventional wisdom I have read on the forum is to update/build one unit at a time and sell any extras of any items to let Township know you need other kind of tools.

One of the Wise Ones from this forum stated that all the barn supplies 'eventually' even themselves out. (I'm not going to find the thread because I wouldn't know how to post it if I had it, lol) But over the last week or so, my co-op has noticed we have all gone from needing hammers to all needing paint(buckets). I've stopped selling any barn upgrade materials and only save enough building materials for the next build (thanks Wiki!)

So, no, don't get rid of the extras, for now.... When you get 2x the amount to upgrade, look at selling a few

I have never sold any materials to upgrade barn, nor to upgrade land, and for me, it has all evened out. I have also never sold building materials for community buildings, and those have all evened out as well. I have only ever had one community building being built at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannie View Post
    I have never sold any materials to upgrade barn, nor to upgrade land, and for me, it has all evened out. I have also never sold building materials for community buildings, and those have all evened out as well. I have only ever had one community building being built at a time.
    Tannie, I had never sold any either, but.....
    Not sure what level you are at, but I've leveled up quickly and I'm at 65. I leveled so fast my barn space is awful...which in turn made me upgrade my trains so I'd get more barn supplies.
    I get a ton of building supplies now! I check Wiki for how many I need for next cb (and zoo enclosure, if I'm close), and then I sell the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    Tannie, I had never sold any either, but.....
    Not sure what level you are at, but I've leveled up quickly and I'm at 65. I leveled so fast my barn space is awful...which in turn made me upgrade my trains so I'd get more barn supplies..
    It was similar for me, and at around that level, I parked my zoo and did not develop my town and concentrated on upgrading the barn for some time. It helped
    Just an idea.

I read about tools evening themselves out so tried not selling barn tools, first & second upgrade not to bad,nothing out of
    control, third upgrade I was 50 paint over what I needed & had gone a week without getting the six nails i needed & paint kept coming.

I also levelled up quick so have a very small barn. So I sold paint to one less than i needed which I read somewhere on here & I got the nails
    I needed over the next couple of days. For me while my barn is so small i shall continue to sell excess barn tools going one below when
    necessary,& when space isnt such an issue i wont.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

I’ve always sold excess tools whether it’s for community buildings or to upgrade the barn and it has helped greatly. My barn is now at 2310. Had an issue with the nails last week so sold a couple excess paint and the nails were delivered. Also, keeping a lot of excess building tools/materials takes up barn space and sometimes you have to part with them when there’s a space crunch. And it’s a good way to make coins.
    Tricia J
    iPad Air 2
    Town: Moo Baa Bay
    Co-op: Sunnyvale
    Level: 88
    Zoo schmoo.