Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal Regatta Issues that Playrix seems to be ignoring.

Some on my team are working wood and iron chests. They say they have their 9tasks/9chestsand these are faster so what's the difference?

I say it well result in less rewards for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by BE BE View Post
    Some on my team are working wood and iron chests. They say they have their 9tasks/9chestsand these are faster so what's the difference?

I say it well result in less rewards for the team.
    Well, it will definitely result in lesser rewards for those doing tasks in those chests but not for everyone on the team. The team reward is based solely on the total number of tasks completed by the entire team regardless of the quality or difficulty of the task itself.

Some people may not like the higher difficulty tasks, for example, in a precious chest 5 x planes are common, that's a minimum of 20 hours just to get 1 reward chest (assuming you're not spending t-cash to hurry the plane's return).

My own strategy is that once each member of the team has their 9 rewards, we go after the easy tasks in the wood and iron chests to up our team totals and then dump the chest before completing all 3 tasks (unless a) all people who took tasks in that chest already have their 9 and b) at least one of the tasks isn't "easy" otherwise do all 3).

So, since they are only affecting their own rewards, let them have at those easier chests.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    I know Graylady. But I’m trying to do Precious chests and golden chest, unless I run out of time.
    But, only 2 Precious chests have come up and only 3 golden chest...the rest have been iron and wooden.

With an hour wait..I don’t think so...
    I agree that a solo co-op player has a harder time with this interseasonal format. Even if you stick to wooden or iron chests, you'd still need to do 27 tasks to get all 9 rewards at the end. Yes they might be easier tasks in the lesser chests but that's still 11 more tasks in the "relaxed week" than you'd have to do in the Golden League regattas.

To keep the "relax this week, no pressure" environment they need to make it a little easier on solo co-ops. Since there's no competition to complain about "fair / unfair", they could make it really easy and still not bend anyone's nose out of shape.

A solo co op in a normal regatta can, at the most, get 5 chest rewards which equates to 15 tasks in interseasonal. Doing more tasks to get all 9 chest rewards is entirely up to the solo racer.

What I don’t like is all the chests that ask for planes AND trains to be done. Talk about repetition!

108/148..... the team needs to do 40 more tasks to receive coop rewards? If answered earlier point me there. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    A solo co op in a normal regatta can, at the most, get 5 chest rewards which equates to 15 tasks in interseasonal. Doing more tasks to get all 9 chest rewards is entirely up to the solo racer.

What I don’t like is all the chests that ask for planes AND trains to be done. Talk about repetition!
    Just clarify, I was speaking about doing 27 tasks to get all the chests. In a normal race, a solo player needs to do 16 tasks (golden league) in order to compete effectively. So I was comparing the number of tasks. Yes, in a normal race a solo player cannot get all the chests a larger team can but I was comparing tasks to tasks not chests to chests.

I suppose you're making a reasonable comparison too, normal race, do 16 tasks, get 5 buoy tasks, in the "relaxed week" do 15 tasks to get 5 chests so it's sounds like the task effort is no larger in the interseasonal week than it is in a regular week. However, as you point out, to get the best rewards, a solo racer will have to do more train and plane tasks to get the reward chest. Still doesn't sound "relaxed" to me.

Hi, im new. Im confused why the chest turned grey despite the time Has not reached the time limit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bahari View Post
    Hi, im new. Im confused why the chest turned grey despite the time Has not reached the time limit yet.
    The chest turning gray on the group task board just means that all 3 tasks in the chest are being worked on - there isn't any task inside it that is available for another person to start.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    I know Graylady. But I’m trying to do Precious chests and golden chest, unless I run out of time.
    But, only 2 Precious chests have come up and only 3 golden chest...the rest have been iron and wooden.

With an hour wait..I don’t think so...
    I would really encourage the solo racers to DUMP, DUMP, DUMP! Don't be afraid to dump Gold and Precious tasks that aren't to your liking.

During the first interseasonal regatta, we were a team of 7 (with 6 active racers) and this time we are a team of 9 (with 6 active racers). I can only speak from experience of being in a co-op of that size, but we have had no problem getting 9-10 gold and precious chests on the board at the same time by regularly dumping unwanted chests (don't know if there is any algorithm in place that would make it harder for a solo racer to get that many on the board at one time). Gold were very easy to get, Precious were more rare (we had max 2-3 on the board at one time, but we may have been able to get more if were were willing to dump all the gold chests). Last time, we were very nervous to dump any precious chest...we had one with 160+ silk, 5 planes and another task that we ended up doing because we were afraid to dump it.

After we all finished our personal rewards (about 3 days in), we still had to keep doing tasks to reach our co-op goal which meant we dumping a lot of chests while only doing quick tasks. While doing this, we had several precious chests pop up that were much easier than the ones we completed. If you keep dumping, you can/will get ones without the long plane/train/crops tasks! I remember one in particular that was HOL, Mining and Helicopter tasks which would have been so easy! Couldn't believe I wasted so much time growing silk when I could have just waited for that one.

If you have a gold/precious chest on your board right now that you plan to complete that has a long plane or train task in it, take that task now. During the time you are stuck locked into that long task, dump the rest of the chests that contain anything you aren't interested in doing (including dumping gold and precious chests with long tasks). You have nothing to lose and might end up getting much easier gold/precious chests after a few dumping cycles.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 06-28-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Maybe somebody didn’t get my original complaint. Even if you start a chest with a zoo task, I would expect after 2 days, a “quick”
    zoo item! NOT wait FOUR days for a quick zoo item...
    I did 2 of the 3 tasks in the chests..that’s just stupid to dump the chest after all the other work..😑