Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal Regatta Issues that Playrix seems to be ignoring.

Unhappy Interseasonal Regatta Issues that Playrix seems to be ignoring.

Hi all,
    Me and my co-op have run into a series of issues with this interseasonal regatta. And Ive noticed a lot of other people have too...a lot. I do not know if it is fair to say Playrix is ignoring these issues but Ive heard to response yet from them as to how they are going to try and fix some of these issues.
    Now, I know not all of these issues are Playrix's or the regatta's fault, but the ones my co-op have run into are entirely regatta-related.
    One of the issues my co-op has ran into is that when someone accidentally fails a task, the whole chest of tasks gets dumped and it dumps tasks we arent quite but almost finished with which makes playing the regatta feel like a waste of time.
    Another issue is the chests themselves. Anyone who wants to be a jerk could easily dump people's unfinished tasks and by dumping the whole chest.
    I do not know how others feel about this, but I do not like the fact that my 2nd town, which is opted out of the regatta, is able to participate in this regatta and thus is pestered by the game to collect rewards it did not earn. However, this could be just me being a bit petty on this last one.
    It would be nice to know if Playrix is taking these complaints or at least the minority of calm unhappy but not mad statements about these problems co-ops are running into with the interseasonal regattas.
    Thank-you all for taking the time to read this.

P.S. I hope I published this in the right spot. Thanks!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

What you consider an issue, some consider a great option to add.
    Chests in progress can only be dumped by leader or co-leader. So the problem with someone being a jerk is easily fixed. Demote or kick out. Who would want a jerk in a coop anyway?
    If someone fails a task, so what’s the big deal? Sure, a bit annoying. But there is still time to get your reward AND you are not punished for failing a task. You can still collect your reward, not get demoted etc. Get over it and just start working on a different chest.
    And a word in support of Playrix. This is the first ever interseasonal week that they’ve changed. It’s not even finished yet. They are not ignoring anything. Give them time to collect feedback. To analyse it. To see if there is more complainers or those happy about the change. And to think on what to do or whether they need to do anything at all. It is a rare time when I feel for them, because it seems like they can never win and please everyone. Someone just keeps complaining
    Last edited by Marisa31; 05-28-2018 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Typos fixed

This being the first all-new-interseasonal should have them collecting and analysing data by now and before any statements are in order.
    But given that they left us without really any helpful info in the first place, and are known to be not too chatty any time later, this is a legit question:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    It would be nice to know if Playrix is taking these complaints or at least the minority of calm unhappy but not mad statements about these problems co-ops are running into with the interseasonal regattas.
    Yes, please keep us in the loop.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    What you consider an issue, some consider a great option to add.
    Chests in progress can only be dumped by leader or co-leader. So the problem with someone being a jerk is easily fixed. Demote or kick out. Who would want a jerk in a coop anyway?
    If someone fails a task, so what’s the big deal? Sure, a bit annoying. But there is still time to get your reward AND you are not punished for failing a task. You can still collect your reward, not get demoted etc. Get over it and just start working on a different chest.
    And a word in support of Playrix. This is the first ever interseasonal week that they’ve changed. It’s not even finished yet. They are not ignoring anything. Give them time to collect feedback. To analyse it. To see if there is more complainers or those happy about the change. And to think on what to do or whether they need to do anything at all. It is a rare time when I feel for them, because it seems like they can never win and please everyone. Someone just keeps complaining
    When you are 6/8 trains sent as one co-op member of ours was and then another person fails their task and the whole chest gets dumped, your almost complete task included, I doubt you would see that as a "good thing" if you were the co-op member with 6/8 trains sent. It doesnt matter to us that "there is still time to get the reward", because its a waste of time to tasks that arent gonna get you anything. All I have seen are complains about this all over Facebook and even a few here on the forum
    Johnalex Zarco
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    This being the first all-new-interseasonal should have them collecting and analysing data by now and before any statements are in order.
    But given that they left us without really any helpful info in the first place, and are known to be not too chatty any time later, this is a legit question:

Yes, please keep us in the loop.
    I know it is the first week, but I still think it would be a nice thing to hear from them even before it is over so we know they plan to do something.
    Johnalex Zarco

No, I don’t see it as a good thing. But I see it as a fair thing. If we get to work on a chest together, we fail together too. Right now in my second town I’m rushing planes to finish my last personal reward, because my teammate didn’t finish her task in time and didn’t dump it for us to save the chest either, so I’m now one reward less. Sure thing, it is frustrating, but it’s not worth being overly upset about it. And it is not a waste of time when you think about it. Your member would’ve sent the trains anyway, they got xp point for sending it, building materials and whatever else it brought.

Hi Johnalex!
    I’m with Marisa on this one. I don’t think the issues you describe would be on my personal list of things that are Playrix’s responsibility to fix. Having a stats page showing who is still working on personal goals and who isn’t might help with the dumping issue, though. But, if someone in my coop unilaterally dumped the chest I was working on, or timed out their task, I’d consider that ‘user error’ and not a fault with the system itself, just as I do with the reserve feature and regatta normally. It would totally drive me mad too, though, if it was happening a lot. I might be looking to restructure the team privileges, at least during interim week, were that the case.

Its early days yet, though the confusion has kinda made it feel like this week lasted ages, lol, but I suppose don’t think a response from Playrix is overdue just yet. Waiting for the initial panic to die down isn’t unreasonable, imo, so long as they do eventually wade through what we’ve been saying. I do totally agree that more initial info would have saved a lot of headaches/heartaches and a little word letting us know whether the Devs consider this to be the final finished product or whether they intend tweaks down the road would obviously be ideal. A little hope never hurts, right? But they aren’t known for that open style of communication, so I won’t hold my breath while we wait and see.

Fwiw, I like that the dormant members of my coop can get prizes too. It’s like giving them a little gift which costs me nothing. It’s actually one of my favourite parts of all this, but that very much depends on individual coop setups too, I think.

Oh well, as ever, we sits, we waits.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Hi Johnalex!
    I’m with Marisa on this one. I don’t think the issues you describe would be on my personal list of things that are Playrix’s responsibility to fix. Having a stats page showing who is still working on personal goals and who isn’t might help with the dumping issue, though. But, if someone in my coop unilaterally dumped the chest I was working on, or timed out their task, I’d consider that ‘user error’ and not a fault with the system itself, just as I do with the reserve feature and regatta normally. It would totally drive me mad too, though, if it was happening a lot. I might be looking to restructure the team privileges, at least during interim week, were that the case.

Its early days yet, though the confusion has kinda made it feel like this week lasted ages, lol, but I suppose don’t think a response from Playrix is overdue just yet. Waiting for the initial panic to die down isn’t unreasonable, imo, so long as they do eventually wade through what we’ve been saying. I do totally agree that more initial info would have saved a lot of headaches/heartaches and a little word letting us know whether the Devs consider this to be the final finished product or whether they intend tweaks down the road would obviously be ideal. A little hope never hurts, right? But they aren’t known for that open style of communication, so I won’t hold my breath while we wait and see.

Fwiw, I like that the dormant members of my coop can get prizes too. It’s like giving them a little gift which costs me nothing. It’s actually one of my favourite parts of all this, but that very much depends on individual coop setups too, I think.

Oh well, as ever, we sits, we waits.
    Im not saying that the dumping is an a fault of Playrix's, Im saying the chests are/were a terrible idea!
    And the 'issue' regarding the dormant members, I did state I wasnt sure if it was an actual issue or
    me just being a bit petty
    Johnalex Zarco

I would like to know why our cool members get different rewards. It's not fair !!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Im not saying that the dumping is an a fault of Playrix's, Im saying the chests are/were a terrible idea!
    And the 'issue' regarding the dormant members, I did state I wasnt sure if it was an actual issue or
    I don’t think you’re petty Sounds like you might just feel a bit guilty on behalf of your second town, if anything. I’m just sayin your coop-mates might not mind it anyway. Who knows, we might only be talking about a bunch of bricks anyway, lol.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.