Thread: Anyone Else Missing The Old Township?

Anyone Else Missing The Old Township?

Anyone remember back when we didn't have the regatta, didn't have the non stop events, it also seems we didn't have all the bickering and frustrations either.

I miss the days of just farming and building my town and the co op was great for me until the regattas started. Ive been in many co ops and it seems the regatta is normally the cause of any frustrations that occur.

I really enjoyed this weeks race or co op event, whatever you wanna call it, but the Facebook and forums posts just highlight the divide amongst what people view as fun. Ive felt for a very long time that the regatta has taken over Township and that's a shame, it was once a great farming and town building game.

Maybe I should have posted this in the lounge but I'm just curious if those who played before the regatta, wish it had or hadn't came along.

I myself wish it hadn't came along and the farming and town building would have gained more attraction.

P.S. I know the regatta is optional so please save me that comment lol.
    Last edited by Regatta 135; 05-27-2018 at 08:19 AM.

I think township has evolved, and it needed to! Way back in the mists of time, before regatta and coops were invented, players were complaining that once all your cbs and house's were built, there was nothing to do. After much begging and pleading, playrix gave us lots of different facets within the game. Whether you choose to take part it them is obviously up to you!
    Maybe if you prefer the early days of building your town, perhaps start a 2nd town? Ignore the coop and regatta side of the game, and just concentrate on building and farming!

I really liked the interseasonal regatta too! I’ve said before (see this post) that I think the developers are focusing too much on creating things that get us to compete against one another instead of working together. This week was a welcome change of pace for my team and the most fun I’ve had in a while (I recognize others did not have that same positive experience).

I’ve never been much of a gamer. Many years before starting Township, I played one other app game. I won’t name it, but will say it’s based on popular little blue characters that have their own comics, TV series, and movies. That game has been around for at least 7 years now, and each update introduces new characters, new things to build, new worlds, new mini-games and personal challenges. They’ve maintained loyal players without introducing competition. But it’s a solo experience. Except from being able to send gifts to friends, you don’t interact with other people in the game (mods if you have to delete/redact parts or all of this paragraph, I understand).

Township chose to go a different way. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I love that we have co-ops! Any time you group up to 30 random people together, there are going to be conflicts and differences of opinion. Finding the people you get along with best takes time, but the in-game friends I’ve made have contributed significantly to my enjoyment of this game. The event competitions can be fun and exhilarating! Every time the aerial challenge comes around, and I get lucky with a good run that is poised to put me on top of my competitors, I get a little rush of excitement! I doubt I would feel the same if I was just “competing” against myself, trying to best my previous score.

I don’t want the competition to go away, but I would love for them to mix things up more. With a new regatta season and sometime multiple events every month, the constant competition can be really draining/stressful. Instead of every event being a competition, I’d love it if they could return to their old form sometimes where we worked together as a global community to achieve goals. I hope the interseasonal change sticks. I’m thrilled to have one week between the 4 week seasons where I don’t HAVE to compete because we can’t be demoted. It would be really amazing if future updates tried to include 1 thing that would expand the town building aspect the game started with (We finally got a new factory for the first time since Oct 2016, so there’s still hope!).

Those are just my opinions. Everyone has a different personality and different hopes for what the game should be. And of course you can always choose not to participate in the regattas or events. But they usually come with decorations, and the town-builder in me can’t imagine not having those decos LOL.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 05-27-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    I really liked the interseasonal regatta too! I’ve said before (see this post) that I think the developers are focusing too much on creating things that get us to compete against one another instead of working together. This week was a welcome change of pace for my team and the most fun I’ve had in a while (I recognize others did not have that same positive experience).

I’ve never been much of a gamer. Many years before starting Township, I played one other app game. I won’t name it, but will say it’s based on popular little blue characters that have their own comics, TV series, and movies. That game has been around for at least 7 years now, and each update introduces new characters, new things to build, new worlds, new mini-games and personal challenges. They’ve maintained loyal players without introducing competition. But it’s a solo experience. Except from being able to send gifts to friends, you don’t interact with other people in the game (mods if you have to delete/redact parts or all of this paragraph, I understand).

Township chose to go a different way. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I love that we have co-ops! Any time you group up to 30 random people together, there are going to be conflicts and differences of opinion. Finding the people you get along with best takes time, but the in-game friends I’ve made have contributed significantly to my enjoyment of this game. The event competitions can be fun and exhilarating! Every time the aerial challenge comes around, and I get lucky with a good run that is poised to put me on top of my competitors, I get a little rush of excitement! I doubt I would feel the same if I was just “competing” against myself, trying to best my previous score.

I don’t want the competition to go away, but I would love for them to mix things up more. With a new regatta season and sometime multiple events every month, the constant competition can be really draining/stressful. Instead of every event being a competition, I’d love it if they could return to their old form sometimes where we worked together as a global community to achieve goals. I hope the interseasonal change sticks. I’m thrilled to have one week between the 4 week seasons where I don’t HAVE to compete because we can’t be demoted. It would be really amazing if future updates tried to include 1 thing that would expand the town building aspect the game started with (We finally got a new factory for the first time since Oct 2016, so there’s still hope!).

Those are just my opinions. Everyone has a different personality and different hopes for what the game should be. And of course you can always choose not to participate in the regattas or events. But they usually come with decorations, and the town-builder in me can’t imagine not having those decos LOL.
    I wish the interseasonal regatta would be kept for every week. I like Township and the fact that Playrix keeps it growing (though when the game starts to out do your phones storage [the game actually takes more storage than 1 of my phones has with an SD card!] I start to get bitter) as growth is good. I think some of the aspects of the interseasonal regatta like the chests were dropped but I like not having to compete. It makes it so much better! I hate competing and I was opted out of the regattas for nearly 2 years before I was recently forced to opt back in! The co-ops are an amazing feature, I love working together with other people. The co-ops promote unity I like Township, though some of the events I cannot do if I am doing regattas. I cant keep up all the resources! But I just love Township for its non-competitive aspects!

I miss the old Township too. I see my coop friends stress out over the regattas.
    Last edited by Landon Clary Eason; 06-03-2018 at 07:35 PM.

The introduction of the co-op was the turning point for me, as around that time I was bored and looking elsewhere. The regatta I can take or leave; and in our co-op we've had members not join in with the regatta for months on end. The only thing keeping me interested in Township now is the co-op chat, which is a shame, as I'm finding the rest of the game boring once again.

I liked the Interseasonal once we worked out what we were doing, although would have enjoyed it far more, had we been given proper instructions.

If I really didn't want to take part in the regatta again, and was in a co-op where that was the main focus, then I'd definitely join a non-racing co-op.

I have never been a Regatta fan, but we are now forced to participate in order to get new decorations. Speaking of which, I think the “ancient” theme has been done to death.

All of Township feels like it is in an uninspired, formulaic rut - Seasonal Regattas and recycled Events. Too much accumulation of junk (sorry, not all decos are worthy) and not enough space for most of it.

I kept hoping they would shake things up and create something new and exciting - but have all but given up on that idea.

I agree loved the early days trying to save for the next building etc and always worked on the zoo now all done. I told my husband this morning after sending out plane and trains well I am through for another two hours.

I only play the regatta for the decorations but now I have a large area filled up to the brim [I have a movie studio them park so they look like movie sets] it has turned out very nice I don't like things bunch up. Downside I have several apartments all bunched up would sell them but do not want to have to repurchase if we are offered more land. Have plenty of coins it's a time thing.

I like the side games gives me something to do with morning coffee or late at night. Getting tired of the recycled prizes. So hoping they will give us more to do in the zoo and LAND GIVE ME LAND

I lost interest and started only playing occasionally in about late 2015 / early 2016. I've never missed a day since the regatta began. But I have a very happy and successful coop which I imagine makes the difference.

I started playing around the time of the introduction of regattas.. it was interesting for a while. Having said that, I have completely lost interest in the hyper competitive regatta environment. I liked the inter seasonal regatta for the fact that it was relaxed and it allowed the coop members and me to do what we could and it was a welcome change to the seasonal regattas.

Personally, I think regattas and the super competitive environment has run its course. Towards the later part of last year, the insanely competitive regattas where everybody seemed to be running against certain hyper coops from certain countries was the turning point for me. I play the regatta every week, but I find that I have already started searching for alternative games.

I am glad that TS has started attemting to revamp the game, but this level of competitiveness and the constant barrage of monthly competitions for weird decorations has put me off the game. All that I seem to do is sell the decorations for coins.. but that has also started getting blaaahhh