Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sport Fishing Event: General Questions & Opinions

Only getting greys — you have to tap so that the slider ends up in the colored bar on the right.

I finished my personal event, but didn’t get the top prize, just a chest to open?

Quote Originally Posted by Felinefeline1 View Post
    Like i said we all know about the videos

They only gobto non spenders
    It doesn't get any more true or real by repeating it. For me, and quite some others I have read about here, it is not true.
    I spend tcash, and I get videos.
    I don't think I am Playrix' special darling nor anyone else the contrary.

BTW, it would help if your posts would show whom / which post you are replying to.
    In case Bess was right above that your reply was to my post: she is also right that it wasn't about platforms, but the devices and their screens.
    Usually tablets with the bigger screens are more pleasant; I remember reading here, though, that this event worked better on the smaller phone screen. Maybe faster from one end to the other, lol, but no real explanation why. Again, it was certainly not something Playrix could influence intentionally.

I'm lucky if I see a video order once every 6 to 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Usually tablets with the bigger screens are more pleasant; I remember reading here, though, that this event worked better on the smaller phone screen. Maybe faster from one end to the other, lol, but no real explanation why. Again, it was certainly not something Playrix could influence intentionally.
    I can shed a little light on my personal experience with this...My first experience with the fishing event was the one held in July 2017. I typically play Township on my iPad when I'm home because I like the bigger screen, but I also have the game installed and synced on my phone so that I can access my town when I am on the go.

At the start of that fishing event, I was using my iPad to fish. I remember thinking that the controls were really sensitive and I had a very hard time controlling the "line." It seemed like any small adjustment I tried to make would result in the line moving around wildly. I then had the idea to switch to my phone to see if it was any easier. I felt that I had better control on my phone. I had a much easier time getting the line to go and stay where I wanted it to within the range given to earn the fish. So every time this event has come around, I choose to fish on my phone. I haven't tested it on my ipad for the current event, so I have no idea if the experience I had in 2017 still applies to the game now.

Also, I should say the controls weren't perfect on my phone either. There have been a handful of times when I have had the line in the right spot and I've been tapping quickly to keep it there when suddenly, the line just plunges down to the bottom for seemingly no reason. And pressing my finger down does nothing to help lift it back up. Luckily this doesn't happen to me very often, so it is just a rare annoyance.

I don't think the devs have purposely tried to make it easier/harder on any screen size or operating system. I'm sure there are a lot of factors that could influence the controls. And just because I found it easier on my phone, doesn't mean someone else wouldn't find it easier on their tablet.

Thank you for describing your experiences, kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Also, I should say the controls weren't perfect on my phone either. There have been a handful of times when I have had the line in the right spot and I've been tapping quickly to keep it there when suddenly, the line just plunges down to the bottom for seemingly no reason. And pressing my finger down does nothing to help lift it back up. Luckily this doesn't happen to me very often, so it is just a rare annoyance.
    I had that happen today on the tablet, too, and I think it is what the OP (kayceecat) I was replying to earlier meant. Even more rarely, it jumps to the top, which is just as annoying. -- It wasn't reported last year by only one person, btw.
    It could also be a hiccup in the connection, what do I know.

But I also still have the change between bigger and smaller bars (or is that "higher"? broader, wider?), bigger esp. after I did terribly on a small one, and it really makes me laugh, when a bigger one appears, it's like trying to comfort me

There are people on facebook complaining they are only getting grey cod

I tried quite a few times yesterday the coloured fish just sit there nearly touching the line then turn snd you get s grey fish

Ive had 1 blue fish all the rest are grey cod

On my device (samsung tablet) I don't watch what colour the fish are Felinefeline I see I need to catch a red fish pop in the red lure and then concentrate totally on the little bar. Unless the bar is really skinny I usually catch the fish first go. Then I move onto the next colour until I clear the boat or run out of the correct lures.

In order to catch the fish you have to keep the line in the lit area otherwise you will get the Gray fish. My issue with the game is I have 33 green lures and 1 red ...after I sell 20 items the ratio is 18 green then 1 red 1 blue.. really??? If you don’t have t cash you are stuck with red fish in the water and only green lures. I am hoping someone will tell me the secret to getting the Red or Blue lures?

You have to fill a lot of heli order in order to get enough red and blue caps to make red and blue lures, some said that you get red and blue cap if you sell high price items, but in the previous event, I got red and blue with low and mid price items also..... so sell and sell (i.e., fill the heli orders) until you get enough red and blue caps....... I believe it is intentional, and all my gift balloons are green lures and that's intentional also, because I seldom fill heli order unless it's regatta task, and the game is set to induce and lure some types of game playing that is certainly not random! Good luck and cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    You have to fill a lot of heli order in order to get enough red and blue caps to make red and blue lures, some said that you get red and blue cap if you sell high price items, but in the previous event, I got red and blue with low and mid price items also..... so sell and sell (i.e., fill the heli orders) until you get enough red and blue caps....... I believe it is intentional, and all my gift balloons are green lures and that's intentional also, because I seldom fill heli order unless it's regatta task, and the game is set to induce and lure some types of game playing that is certainly not random! Good luck and cheers!
    That was the part that I hated most about this event (besides the fact that it takes forever to prep for an is over in about a minute). The imbalance between the bottlecaps you get and the fish that appear near the boats was way too obvious and that made the cash-grab nature too apparent.

For the whole event, I barely got any blue bottle caps yet each boat would always have 3 blue fish appear near it. Similarly, I had an overabundance of green bottle caps, but only 1 (maybe 2 if I was super lucky) green fish would appear near the boats. It really dampened my enjoyment of the event because it was clear that Playrix was trying to induce me to spend money to get blue caps. I'm not against paying to play Township (I have bought t-cash deals in the past), I just don't like when games prioritize monetization over player enjoyment/engagement. So yeah, I'm definitely skipping the next event (the horrid snowboarding one - hated it before) and am definitely not buying any more t-cash deals.