Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: New Interseasonal Regatta: Co-op Size & Task # to Reach 5 Team Goals

Second interseasonal. We are 22\30. I think in week 4 we had 15 racers, 7 non racers. I don't believe that number changed with interseasonal. Anyway, that's what we have now. Our goals are 25, 58, 107, 179, and 292.

ShadowRune
    I would like to show you guys something if you don't mind:

If you're here like me trying to find answers on how to make a large co op fun during this week as we have had a miserable time trying, give this a read and talk it over with your co op. (We had to complete 472 tasks last month and 432 this month as a co op of 24 for the 5th reward, impossible.

http://townshiptroopers.boards.net/t...oster-exchange

The research for the nitty gritty is on the main board, also take a look at it. It's our experience and break down of how these work.

feedback would be appreciated as I am not perfect nor have all the answers. Thank you everyone.

Kitty... I'm on mobile and don't want to go messing with your post in case I can't do the table thing and mess it all up.

It would be interesting though, if you could add a column after 5th goal, that shows total divided by racers, and total divided by members.

So, my line of 6r/14m (6 racers of 14 members), would show:

... 5th goal____APR (Av. per racer)____APM (Av. per member).
    ... 139________23.16_______________9.9

It would seem the typical result is that interseasonal still works out to be around 16 tasks per racer, but, it'd be informative, I think, to see if any other trends emerge.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Nevada, My coop of 2 active members, and 5 inactive (for a long time, such as for months, inactive) members this interseasonal regatta. Our coop goal is 5, 12, 21, 34, 54 for two task-takers.

So the last goal will be 27 tasks per person. My coop is by invitation only, and the last seasonal regatta and this interseasonal regatta has the same number of teammates (that is, no change whatsoever). So not 23, and not 16, but 27 per person. Don't know the algorithm and don't know the trend, it is just my experience .......

ShadowRune
    hchl, I know exactly what you mean, I guess we are the black sheep that have it all wrong.

If anyone wants to crack the actual value, it's pretty easy.

The co op rewards act on a multiplier respectively (1.5,3,5,7) and rounds up after the calculation.
    Now you just need to find your variable or "x" that they use to adjust the ratio
    It's finding the pattern, I got that far and just said to myself

Why am I bothering trying to fill out a whole chart when I only need one, the lowest.
    Saved me a ton of wasted hours.
    Last edited by ShadowRune; 07-02-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Kitty;

Thanks for your work with this table. My Coop has 4 members and is static. It has been 4 racing for some time. All are opted in.
    In the interseasonal week, for 4, it went 6 tasks for 1st Coop Goal, then 14, 25, 41, 65.

Thanks again,
    Cobalt

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRune View Post
    I would like to show you guys something if you don't mind:

If you're here like me trying to find answers on how to make a large co op fun during this week as we have had a miserable time trying, give this a read and talk it over with your co op. (We had to complete 472 tasks last month and 432 this month as a co op of 24 for the 5th reward, impossible.

http://townshiptroopers.boards.net/t...oster-exchange

The research for the nitty gritty is on the main board, also take a look at it. It's our experience and break down of how these work.

feedback would be appreciated as I am not perfect nor have all the answers. Thank you everyone.
    Your link didn’t work when I tried. Using safari browser on iPad. Said there were too many redirects.

Any chance of a summary here on how you think it works?

Interesting your coop size is smaller than ours. (We have 25), yet your level 5 was so much higher than our 295

Hey Nevada,

I will see what I can do later tonight (will also add any new info received at that time - thanks to those who keep providing info). I think I'm getting close to the 10,000 max characters, so 2 additional columns may not be possible. I had already hit the max before, and had to remove some of the formatting that I did because the formatting code was creating too many extra characters (You may remember for a hot second the 5 goal columns were all in Red).

Edit: Sorry, time got away from me tonight, and I didn’t have time to sit at my computer to do this. Will do tomorrow.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 07-03-2018 at 05:13 AM.

Looking thru all the numbers in the posts, I still believe racing/ not racing setting before the interseasonal is a red herring and actually misleading any patterns. Much more important is the number actually participating at any point in time.

The biggest clues are the small coops, of 1,2,6 players. Etc

I believe Level 1 is simply 1.X multiplied number of coop members, subject to some rounding. By 1.X I mean 1 point something, then subject to rounding

Level 5 seems to be taking into the account the actual number of people in the coop at the end of level 4 who are/ have been participating in the interseasonal regatta multiplied by approx 17.

Interesting to note that if more people start to participate as the race goes on, then the Level 5 factor of 17 seems to increase to take that number of people into account, whereas if it participants decrease (I assume people leaving) it takes the previous higher number of participants.

To be more accurate/ helpful the table should probably track number of people who have actually taken a task/participating at each level. Number of particants at the end isn’t helpful as the level 5 goal is set before that. That’s to say the goal isn’t set at the end of the race, but after the end of the previous level. It gives an idea though.

Basically:

Level 1 is 1.X multiplied by number of members subject to rounding. They assume everyone is participating

Level 5 is approx 17 multiplied by the number of people who have been participating. I say “have been”, as the number will vary if people join or leave, or if people start participating later on.
    Ideally the table would show number of participants actually doing tasks at each level. (Remembering they can assume at the start level 1 everyone is participating, as the multiplier is low anyway)
    As Kitty’s table doesn’t show number who have cumulatively participated at each level, you could crudely assume at early levels those that participating in the previous regatta week would be similar to those participating in the interseasonal, and those at the end would be similar to those at level 4. So as a crude estimate take the higher of the racers interseasonal and partipants at the end columns multiplied by 17.
    (As I stated I believe the setting of racing/not racing is irrelevant but it will help estimates from the table above since number of people actually participating throughout isn't captured as a column. i.e crudely those who raced the week before will likely participate in the interseasonal regatta at the start. Isn't exactly a correct assumption, but a reasonable estimate in the absence of actual data)

So:

Level 1 = 1.X multiplied by number in coop subject to rounding
    Level 5 = approx 17 multiplied by active participants (probably at level 4 number of people who have taken a task). But it could vary due to leavers/joiners

We had no joiners or leavers during the regatta, but in both inter-seasonal regattas so far, our level 5 goal was approx 17 multiplied by participants so far. It may be 16 point something or 17 point something. But these 2 estimates seem to work for most coops. They aren't exact number though, just approximations
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 07-02-2018 at 06:50 PM.

BTW as a strategy:

Your only control over Level 1 goal is to remove or add players to your coop, as it assumes all are participating.

But you can make your subsequent levels easier by delaying when people start to participate. If you have strong coop members who can complete tasks easily and quickly you could tell them to hold off taking any tasks until the level 5 goal is set. Just make sure they have enough time to get their 9/9 chests.

As an example, I've no problem completing 17 tasks in a day or 2. If I asked all other coop member not to participate/ take a task until after the level 5 goal is set, we'd likely have a very low coop goal based on very low (only 1) actual participant(s).

The downside is the slower players may struggle with their personal 9/9 goals

Also as our coop size exceeds 17, it would start with 1.X multiplied by coop members, so final goal will also be higher than 17

In that event, we could have 2 active participants, and likely have a level 5 coop goal of maybe only a few more than 34-ish or not so high at any rate. i.e make the algorithm think only 2 active players, then all join in after the last level 5 goal is set
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 07-02-2018 at 06:19 PM.