Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Interseasonal Regatta: General Opinions (Merged Thread)

How about the fact that one person can delete everyones chests?

Quote Originally Posted by Regatta 135 View Post
    I actually love it and find it a relaxing change from this same thing week after week.
    My co-op also find it a nice change from regular regatta. There's no pressure to finish top 13, so we can do tasks at our own pace before rekindling our competitive spirit for the seasonal regattas.

Sure, it was very confusing at first. But once we got the hang of it, it's actually pretty fun!

My co-op does not mind the idea of the new regatta, the only problem is that there are not enough tasks for everyone to stay active. There needs to be more chests.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDiver View Post
    My co-op does not mind the idea of the new regatta, the only problem is that there are not enough tasks for everyone to stay active. There needs to be more chests.
    Yeah, the fact that the chests hang around til complete but we can only work on one task at a time does inevitably block the board up for teams of any size. Cooperation and planning, so chests get finished ASAP, is definitely the order of the day. Though it sounds like being super efficient will just mean we run out of stuff to do faster..
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

My whole team hates it because not everyone can play because the chests are not available for them to play. They wait and they aren't available when they can play.

I and the other members of our co-op are also extremely unhappy with it. I looked at it & instantly realized I wouldn't participate. Another member started & quit it as it was terrible. This is happening & is destroying the fun & the game for us.

Instead of calling it a regatta, it should be called "Excursion Week"

Regatta actually means "a series of yacht races," so each season is technically one regatta. Players tend to refer to each week as a separate regatta, which is a misnomer and a holdover from prior to us having seasons, where all weeks and all races were all part of one huge, never-ending regatta. With the addition of seasons, each seasonal week is a single race, and the total of the 4 seasonal races comprises a single regatta.

This off-season week is your co-op taking your ship out for a pleasant joy ride and seeing how far out you can take it before it's time to bring it back in and get ready for the actual race next week. The more chests you help to complete, the more personal rewards you receive (up to 9), and the further your co-op takes the ship out to sea, the more rewards the co-op receives as a whole.

It's not a race, and it's not part of a regatta, so it really should be renamed.
    Last edited by TrickyKitty; 05-23-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Regatta

The new regatt is horrible. Ive been waiting 8 hrs and still cant select a task. I normally would compete 5 to 7 task in the 1st 2 days I've only done 3 and have a wooden box. Sure thats not going to get any great prizes.

Doesn’t sound like it’s you being selfish, fwiw.. rather your cliques of 3s are.

As for your disappointment with the forum, it’s just not a reliable method of communication with Playrix and that’s not it’s function. If that’s what you hoped for from it then you will be frustrated. For me, I use it to try to help players who need a quick answer to a question, or ask one myself, occasionally to vent a game trouble, to get news, and to keep abreast of common issues. That’s kind of it.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

To the large teams frustrated by the board being clogged or who can't trust their teammates to not delete chests they are working on....

A strategy that was suggested in the main thread about the interseasonal regatta is to create your own co-op for the interseasonal week only. Yes, it will require a $1,000 coin sacrifice by you or another member of your team. You can create a solo co-op, or you can team up with a couple other people in your co-op. For example, a team of 30 could have 4 people create new co-ops (so there would be 5 co-ops total, your main original co-op and the 4 new ones). Your 30 members could divide themselves up among the five teams, so there would only be 6 participants in each group. Managing the board with only 6 is much easier. Even though your team would be in wooden league, you can still earn all 9 personal chests and the 5 co-op goals

You could also see if anyone on your friends list races solo and try to join their team for that week only (I proposed creating a thread in this forum where people could make such connections).

On the off-day after the interseasonal race is over and you collect your prizes, you would re-join your old team before the new racing season starts (assuming you want to go back to them).

Just wanted to share in case anyone finds the ideas helpful.
    MollyTamale town, "Reflection in the Wave" (co-op tag #REF8RX),
    or I may be visiting a friend's coop for the week!
    For a little "story" behind the design inspiration for my town, check this post