Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: New Interseasonal Regatta: General Opinions (Merged Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    It's unfortunate that some people had a bad experience but it is not the end of the world.
    It may not be the end of the world, but it's taken away a fundamental feature of the game, which is the reason I play Township over other games. No matter how casually or seriously I play, I could never lose progress. Until this regatta.

Now other people can take away my progress. They're INCENTIVIZED to take away my progress because chests with 3 tasks claimed still take up space. (Easy fix: Once the 3rd task is started, the chest should no longer count as one of the 12 available chests. Only people who claim tasks on a chest can dump it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkship View Post
    It may not be the end of the world, but it's taken away a fundamental feature of the game, which is the reason I play Township over other games. No matter how casually or seriously I play, I could never lose progress. Until this regatta.

Now other people can take away my progress. They're INCENTIVIZED to take away my progress because chests with 3 tasks claimed still take up space. (Easy fix: Once the 3rd task is started, the chest should no longer count as one of the 12 available chests. Only people who claim tasks on a chest can dump it.)
    I disagree. Currently only co/leaders can dump chests. This means that only a certain number of team members can dump chests and there needs to be clear reasons for doing so. We now receiving notifications of who has done this, so at least a conversation can be had with the people involved.

As most our co-op wanted gold and precious chests, we were only doing the easy tasks in the wood and iron chests before dumping them, in order to work towards the co-op goals. If anyone else jumped in to complete these chests that nobody actually wanted, we could try to stop someone being awarded these chests by dumping them.

There have been times when someone who having completed all 9 chests, would then jump in to help others complete their chests, but they were actually hindering others from taking those tasks and completing their own 9 chests faster.

I would like to see the Leader at least, have the ability to dump (abandon) other members' individual tasks. However, this week has been a learning process for all of us. Maybe we will see a thread of hints and tips to help those who are still confused by it all. We will definitely be trying a slightly different strategy next time, in the hope to make things clearer for everyone.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Maybe that helps smaller coops? We’re a group of four, and we dumped very few if any chests, certainly not once someone started a task.

Now that the week is over I can honestly say I dont care for this way of regatta. Yes I know its only for a week. I hate being tied to someone else's progress! If they decide to sit on a plane task for a week, what am I supposed to do? People say it's more relaxing. I beg to differ. Now I have other members fighting as some members are not rushing their tasks as it supposed to be more mellow.
    Co-Op: Kings Landing
    Town: OtherLife
    Tag: #KN4JV6
    Line app: Channychan123
    Town Level: 71
    Friend code: V3UPFN
    Always looking for new teammates!

I am in a small co up & we reallly enjoyed the change. It was very relaxed & we all helped each other out. Also we weren't hung up on the type of chests we took. Next time we all want wooden chests as well as precious because we found they contained really useful prizes such as things for barn upgrade & land expansions. Maybe that helps as well because we didn't have to dump many tasks. It sounds like it is definitely easier for smaller co ops though, plenty of tasks for everyone, i can imagine it must be frustrating for the larger groups waiting just to be able to get a task , they should definitely reduce the refresh time to half an hour & clear the space of chests in progress for the benefit of these larger co ops.

The new interseasonal regatta is terrible.

Many players left without a task while chests remain on the board. With some challenges taking a while, it may be quite the wait. It was misleading to say players can go at their own pace when it may affect other players who are waiting on them. If one player fails their task, teammates also do not get the chest despite hard work on their part. To get the last prize in co op task goals are unrealistic for most players.

And in the end most chests had disappointing prizes you can get by train.

A better format would be each player could choose their own chest to complete themselves and it would be removed from the board, and they could work on all tasks simultaneously. That means it really would be at a player’s individual pace. Another option would to put more chests on the board, so everyone gets a chance to do tasks.

I really hope they make some changes before the next interseasonal regatta! No one is happy in my co op with this.

It's sad to read people's unhappiness with the interseasonal regatta week. Our co-op had full participation - each person did tasks to the degree they wanted/could. It was so neat for our whole gang to enjoy and work together in an event! We all helped each other and laughed and cheered each other on. The regular regatta has become so intense and for so many reasons already discussed on the Forum, it's impossible for many players to complete 16 tasks - in a day - to be able to stay in the top 3 of the golden league - as they used to do in the past. Yet I appreciate that there are players who thrive on intense and extreme competition.

I wonder if it's feasible to have several types of regattas - happening at the same time - so that co-ops could opt in to the type of play they prefer? This would probably be asking too much of the algorithm Gods - but wouldn't that be great?

Many thanks Playrix for a wonderful week!
    Last edited by Sandy; 05-29-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 185
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

We asked for change and we got it! It seems as though people will just complain no matter what Playrix does. What a joy to have a week off from racing and be able to bond and work as a team.

As leader I was able to really see and evaluate my team. I have a better understanding of who understands strategy (not enough), who is a team player (most), and didn't have to worry about being demoted. It also is the perfect week to evaluate new players, another plus.

Thank you Playrix for a wonderful week. And I second the thought on being able to choose between this and the regatta each week. We could have one co-op racing and the other in this.

Very disappointed to see old Regatta back. We had people opt in thinking it was changed and now are stuck racing or we lose. Loved last week's Regatta, some of our co o.o who have had to always sit out because of personal issues were able to play. Hope it changes back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Raymond View Post
    Very disappointed to see old Regatta back. We had people opt in thinking it was changed and now are stuck racing or we lose. Loved last week's Regatta, some of our co o.o who have had to always sit out because of personal issues were able to play. Hope it changes back!!
    Hi Amy, last week's regatta is the usual Interseasonal week's break between the 4 weeks of Seasonal Racing. All they did was change the format so we were no longer racing against other teams but working together as a co-op to complete goals. It will be back once this current Seasonal is over. Whether they will tweak things, remains to be seen.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT