Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal Regatta: Questions/Answers/Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by K8y View Post
    More information on dumping would be useful please.
    Does dumping one task from a chest remove that task from the total number allowed?
    Does dumping a whole chest take away from the total tasks possible?
    Does dumping a chest after a task has been completed delete that tasks points?
    How quickly do we get new tasks after completing a chest or dumping one?
    Hi. The only info I have is from the link I posted above. Maybe that will answer some of your questions. I do know that after dumping a chest it takes an hour to refresh, but not sure whether this is the same after completing a chest (haven't got that far yet )
    Last edited by JJay; 05-22-2018 at 10:32 AM.

I'll answer in general, please feel free to re-ask if I've missed a question.

The new format is for THIS WEEK ONLY. Next week will be a new regatta season as normal, with tasks and reserving and racing as normal, and you will start next week in whatever league you finished last week.
    This new format is INTERSEASONAL WEEK ONLY.

If you take a task then decide you dont want it, you can dump it at any time. You will lose your task progress (eg: if you do a HoL, do 5/6, then decide to dump the task, your clovers will be gone you'll still have whatever you won, it'll just be like you never started the task). You can then take any other available task in any other chest, and anyone else can take your (un)done HoL task.
    I believe if you dump a task you have to wait 30 mins to take a new one.

If you dump an entire chest, there is then a 60 minute wait for a new one.

If you dump a chest that has tasks started, whoever has started those tasks will lose them.

Dumping a chest with all three tasks still available is the same as dumping a task off the regular board. Do it. Lots. Especially wood and iron.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

There are three tasks in a chest.

Those three tasks must be completed to earn that chest.

Bob can do all three tasks, and earn one chest, or Bob, Janet, and Sue can each do one task on that chest, and then they each get one chest.

You can earn a total of nine chests, by doing a minimum of nine tasks, in nine separate chests.

The chests you earn then take the place of the chests your co-op would normally sail past, and work the same way. They will open at the end of the regatta and you will get the same prizes you would any other week (cash/gems/materials/whatever).

As an example only: a wooden chest may have 2 t-cash, while a precious may have 6 t-cash.

Once you have your nine chests, you can continue to complete as many tasks as you like, both to contribute to your teams overall points for bonus rewards, and to help other co-op members complete their chests.

Personally, I think this makes for a nice change. Those that want to do endless tasks can, including throwing as much money at it as they like, without "spenders" having any advantage over non-spenders. Those that want a week off can have it without fear of costing their co-op their position. Those that do make large point contributions don't feel they're doing all the work for everyone else's benefit, because although anyone that does a single task will get the co-op rewards, they still need to do their nine tasks to get their personal chest rewards.
    It's a good week for everyone to be able to do whatever they want.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

If you have finished two tasks in a chest and you then dump the chest will the two tasks that was completed be marked as failed? In other words do you then lose those two tasks.
    I understand that you lose any tasks you are busy with, just want to know if it is the same for completed one's.

Never mind, got my answer. We posted at the same time. You need to complete all 3 tasks.

Please can someone help me with the chests..my new co op with two others is in copper league and it's saying 3/7 chests done..how many chests are we allowed to do? Are we only allowed 7 chest? Does that mean my friend only gets to do 3 as I have and my daughter doing one?
    Zena's Greenlands
    L164. Zoo L45

IOS iPad

From the Land Downunder ....Australia

Honour the flags of all Nations

🇦🇺 Australia ❤️ From me to you New Zealand 🇳🇿

Everyone should follow the link JJay provided in post #6 of this thread. Much more information there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zena View Post
    Please can someone help me with the chests..my new co op with two others is in copper league and it's saying 3/7 chests done..how many chests are we allowed to do? Are we only allowed 7 chest? Does that mean my friend only gets to do 3 as I have and my daughter doing one?
    Don't worry about copper league, that's irrelevant this week. Regardless of what you do, you will still be in copper next week.

The 3/7 means that you personally can get 7 chests, and you currently have 3.

Your daughter can get 7 chests, as can the other co-op member. To get your 7 chests you must complete 7 tasks on 7 separate chests. As long as you do that, you will get your chests, regardless of what your other co-op members do. The only thing is, to get your 7 chests, all three tasks in those 7 chests must be completed, so if you are the only one doing any tasks, you'll have to do all 21 tasks in those 7 chests to get your 7 rewards.

If three of you in your co-op all do 1 task each from the same 7 chests, you will all get the same 7 chests as your rewards.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Let's try a picture example.

The coloured dots: each colour is one person (blue, green, red, and yellow).
    Each dot is a completed task.

So blue, has done 5 tasks, and will receive 4 chests.
    Green, 6 tasks, 4 chests.
    Red, 6 tasks, 4 chests.
    Yellow, 1 task, 1 chest.

04DEC14D-81DE-41A7-BFB9-48757B3B725B.jpg
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Quote Originally Posted by Zena View Post
    I'm not an expert in this but I believe that to achieve their personal goals, each player must do one task in 9 (maybe in copper league it's 7, I'm not sure about this) different completed chests, and after that they can do as many tasks as they like in any chest to achieve the team goals - each completed task counts as one point towards the team goal. But for individual goals the whole chest must be completed, though it doesn't have to be by the same player - any co-op member can take a task from that chest.