Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal Regatta: Questions/Answers/Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by coljoy View Post
    I need to know what happens when individual tasks are deleted within a chest. So if one of the tasks within a seasonal regatta chest is dumped...what happens.. is it a loss of points for the whole chest or is it a loss of prizes or is it a loss points just for that individual task within a chest??
    If you press on the little bin button near the task, that will cancel your task, and it will become available for another member to take. No loss of anything.
    So, for example, there is a table task within a chest. You took it but then realised, that you have lamps prepared. You can “dump” that task/press on little bin button, and it will go back on board, so another member with tables prepared would be able to take it

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    From what I see shared, the number of tasks for the coop goal is being determined at the start of the week. So, say, if you had 10 members in the coop st the start, you will get the smaller amount for 10 members. If anyone joins you midweek, this number is not going to change. Likewise, if half of your team leaves all of the sudden, you will get stuck with same amount of tasks.
    Thanks! This is the one thing so far that I think is really poorly designed. Of course, I’m not saying I have a better solution (yet). But it does mean anyone who is on your team and not actively participating in the regatta is hurting you (by making your team goal higher). I can definitely see how that would make someone feel guilty for wanting to take a deserved break or who has real life circumstances that prevent them from playing that week. On the flip side, I’ve already thought of a way to make the team goals easy, peasy guaranteed wins if you are correct that they don’t change (and it’s not a method I’d feel proud doing)

In general though, I’m really enjoying this new method so far I just wish I could see what our team goals are going to be, so I know if we have a shot at earning that last reward!

EDIT: We now have anecdotal information that as people join your team, you team goal can increase. The goal you are currently working towards will stay the same, but once earned, the next reward will be based on the new number of players on the team. See Robyn's post HERE https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1159387
    Last edited by kitty4715; 05-22-2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Typos and added info

I have done 4 tasks in 3 different chests which are all 3 ready but have received only 1 personal reward and my chest total is 3/9

For all of you who is getting frustrated with blocked grey board and waiting, I’d like to offer a way out.

You can leave your coop (NOTE: you will lose all personal rewards collected so far). Then create a new coop. It will be in a wooden league, but it doesn’t matter for the new rules, you will still be able to collect all 9 chests. Start working on getting all your rewards and enjoy peace and quiet, without fighting for tasks with other players. Pure bliss

Another note: you coop rewards will reset as well, you will get a new set of them

Once you collected your rewards on Monday, you can return to your original coop happy and rested))
    Last edited by Marisa31; 05-22-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macha View Post
    I have done 4 tasks in 3 different chests which are all 3 ready but have received only 1 personal reward and my chest total is 3/9
    All personal rewards will open at the end of regatta on Monday. Your chest total is correct, because you did tasks from 3 chests

Question from my team mates. The township newsletter said you can have 9 chests in the new Inter seasonal regatta. If you do 1 task in 9 different chests, have you then used up all 9 chests allowed? So to maximise tasks completed is it best for each member to try and complete as many tasks in the same chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibrough View Post
    Question from my team mates. The township newsletter said you can have 9 chests in the new Inter seasonal regatta. If you do 1 task in 9 different chests, have you then used up all 9 chests allowed? So to maximise tasks completed is it best for each member to try and complete as many tasks in the same chest?
    It is probably not, especially if you are aiming for gold and/or precious chests to get better rewards.

You are allowed to work on as many chests as you like. However, only 9 chests that were completed first will become your personal rewards.

A better way to maximise tasks and earn more points towards your coop goal would be to make 1-2 easy tasks (say, that take no longer than 15 minutes to finish) from wood/iron chests and then dump those chest before they are fully completed. That way you get points towards your coop goals, but you won’t end up with cheap chests as your personal rewards. It is more efficient, in my opinion, to allow three members to work on same golden/precious chest, because they will be done quicker. Then once everyone collected personal rewards, you can start doing easy tasks from any chests and dump the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    All personal rewards will open at the end of regatta on Monday. Your chest total is correct, because you did tasks from 3 chests
    What I read in the rules is that you get the personal rewards immediately when a chest is finished and that is reported in the coop chat. In the meantime 1 received on that way but not from the other 2. The coop rewards that we receive on Monday
    Last edited by Macha; 05-22-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: words

No, I got my coop reward immediately, and have to wait for my personal reward (a locked box).

Quote Originally Posted by Macha View Post
    What I read in the rules is that you get the personal rewards immediately when a chest is finished and that is reported in the coop chat. In the meantime 1 received on that way but not from the other 2. The coop rewards that we receive on Monday
    No, it is the other way around. You receive coop rewards (second tab) straight away, once you reach a buoy. 9 personal chests with rewards will open on Monday