Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal Regatta: Questions/Answers/Opinions

Interseasonal Regatta: Questions/Answers/Opinions

Just so we've got a clean fresh thread:

Any questions about the new interseasonal regatta week format, ask them here.

I'll be popping in and out all day so I'll do my best to answer questions as soon as possible.

The main thing to remember is: there is no race. Just, tasks and rewards. Have fun

Known Information:
    • It lasts one week (as always).
    • You will receive no Yacht Club tokens for completing tasks (as always).
    • You don't have to be "opted-in" to participate (more of a free-for-all, whoever wants to take a task can).
    • You will not be demoted from your current league (regardless of how many members participate/tasks completed).
    • Multiple members work together to complete chests (for various rewards).
    • Seasonal Regattas will continue to work just as before (no change to task process).

Last edited by Nevada; 06-30-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: More relevant title.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Thanks Nevada!

I just posted this in the other thread - Hope you don't mind the re-post:

The only thing I haven't seen clarified is whether your Racing status (set to participate in regatta as racing or opted out as not racing) makes any difference. Can a non-racing member participate? Does a non-racing person have to change their status to racing to participate? How is the team goal determined? It says a team of 30 needs to do 428 tasks to reach the final team goal...I assume that smaller teams have to do less, so how does the system determine that number? What happens if someone new joins your team mid-week...will the team goal numbers increase? If there are 30 people in the co-op and 6 of them are set to non-racing and aren't active in the game anymore or want to take a complete vacation from tasks this week, would the final team goal still be 428 tasks?

Hello Nevada and thanks for clarifying the race is gone. My dream team took 5 months to build and a lot of money. We were winning Gold League against Trophy hoarders who won up to 75 times. We had a fun Sports news that I moderated, reporting in chat the statistics of other teams, their gaming level, progress and task completions. I was online a LOT and the thrill of the race made it fun! We were creative and interactive, making up stories of ship wrecks and pirates when teams fell from 1st place to 4th place and this made the game FUN! I now worry my CoOp will fall apart with no race! Can you explain how the team goals work? The chests do not show the rewards either. The task board does not show statistics on who in the CoOp is helping and what they are working on. So far, this format seems like staying forever in a slow pace Wooden League. Thanks for your time. The Regatta Roomies, Gold League, #REG9WZ

Hi Nevada,

The main thing that I'm confused about is how the points and chests work. It seems as if there is one point per task done. Is there additional points for completing a chest? Also, If we "Dump chest with tasks" does that mean that any tasks done in that chest is not counted?

Is there somewhere that has a more comprehensive set of details on how the new interseasonal regatta works?

Quote Originally Posted by Sm08nurse View Post
    Hello Nevada and thanks for clarifying the race is gone. My dream team took 5 months to build and a lot of money. We were winning Gold League against Trophy hoarders who won up to 75 times. We had a fun Sports news that I moderated, reporting in chat the statistics of other teams, their gaming level, progress and task completions. I was online a LOT and the thrill of the race made it fun! We were creative and interactive, making up stories of ship wrecks and pirates when teams fell from 1st place to 4th place and this made the game FUN! I now worry my CoOp will fall apart with no race! Can you explain how the team goals work? The chests do not show the rewards either. The task board does not show statistics on who in the CoOp is helping and what they are working on. So far, this format seems like staying forever in a slow pace Wooden League. Thanks for your time. The Regatta Roomies, Gold League, #REG9WZ
    Hi Sm08nurse. I can't answer all your questions because I'm a solo co-op, but the best info I've seen about this race is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A0/mobilebasic

I believe that each task completed from a chest contributes to a team goal ( for me as a single player the first prize was 2 saws after completing 2 tasks, the next one will be on completion of 4 tasks). The team prizes show up in the team goals tab in the same format as event prizes.

I also understand that individual prizes are different for each player ( the same as in normal regattas) and you won't know what they are till the end of the race. But to qualify for that prize the whole chest has to be completed (not necessarily by the same player), so all 3 tasks, not just the one any individual is working on.

Sorry I have no idea about player stats because obviously racing solo, I'm the only person I have to consider!

Quote Originally Posted by steffyjayne View Post
    Hi Nevada,

The main thing that I'm confused about is how the points and chests work. It seems as if there is one point per task done. Is there additional points for completing a chest? Also, If we "Dump chest with tasks" does that mean that any tasks done in that chest is not counted?

Is there somewhere that has a more comprehensive set of details on how the new interseasonal regatta works?
    Hi steffyjayne. I've found the best explanation about what to do here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A0/mobilebasic

It's still not 100% clear, but hope it helps a bit!

Racing status makes no difference to anything.. even those ‘not racing’ can contribute tasks if they want.

Racing isn’t gone during the regatta seasons, the changes are just for interseasonal week. This is a chance for a week’s rest from the racing format, with no fear of league demotion regardless of whether you participate at all, and some bonus rewards, that’s all.

More information on dumping would be useful please.
    Does dumping one task from a chest remove that task from the total number allowed?
    Does dumping a whole chest take away from the total tasks possible?
    Does dumping a chest after a task has been completed delete that tasks points?
    How quickly do we get new tasks after completing a chest or dumping one?

Hi Nevada,
    I am confused a little bit about this new format of regatta.
    So no more reserved tasks......ok, it was good...i don't know why it is cancel. Also i don't understand how dump thing working?
    For example, i open a chest, and i see 3 tasks. Pick up one, start working on it. In the next minute, another co-op from my team pick the second task. After i finished my task, i can see that my coleague, didn't finish yet and i would like to delete the third task that nobody took it. If i dump this chest, i will delete the task of my coleague?
    Milky way

Lightbulb new season

how many chests can we get all together? wat chests are the best to go for