Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal Regatta: Questions/Answers/Opinions

All members of our coop have collected their 9 chests and we have reached our team goal. Is there any sense to continue completing more tasks, will we earn more rewards, or can we be done?

Interseasonal regatta request: add a CHEST per 3 completed tasks. ( This will keep available task count at 34 to 36). . . . . I'm in a full coop after I figured out what is going on I started counting COMPLETED TASKS ( 14 to 18 ) leaving only 18 to 22 at most that are almost always in progress. . . So please increase (available + resetting + in progress tasks) to be at least the coop member count
    Last edited by Tedium; 05-24-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    I’m not a solo racer, but I have a friend who is, and also I was beta testing this change. So I can verify you will be allowed to complete 27 tasks and be able to earn all personal rewards
    Thank you for the info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Susieque View Post
    All members of our coop have collected their 9 chests and we have reached our team goal. Is there any sense to continue completing more tasks, will we earn more rewards, or can we be done?
    No, none. You can be done, there is nothing else to earn

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I interpreted his comment as not that they couldn't take on more tasks (ie: the board went blank), but that there was no point in their taking on anymore tasks. I think he was hoping that after the personal and co-op goals were met, there would still be some additional reward system in place. No more rewards, no more incentive to keep doing unlimited tasks.

Maybe someone else who has finished the co-op goal can report if their team can still take tasks. Seems a little cruel if Smile can't earn all 9 of their personal goals. I'm hoping that's not the case! I had previously read people say you could complete an "unlimited" amount of tasks (but I don't know if anyone actually had met all their goals at that point)
    Kitty 4715, that assumption is correct, it’s not that we can’t do anymore task, we could do another 1000 if we wanted to, but without anything to aim for (all rewards are done) then what is the point? We may aswell keep our mine tools and clovers and everything else for next season. It just seems they missed a trick by not allowing further rewards similar to when you’ve finished the personal awards in an event and your allowed to continue for a more rewards (choose 1 chest from 3). As it is, once everything is done it becomes pointless taking in more tasks (especially with a new event just around the corner, may aswell save and stock up for that instead). I’m not against this new interseasonal, I just think it needed more thinking to include both the casual and more competitive player, as it stands, the casuals are struggling a bit and the competitive are bored stiff waiting for next season. Tweaks for next interseasonal are definitely needed to accommodate all types of racers

I’d also like to add and ask Marissa if she knows whether the beta was set up to accommodate all sizes of co-ops? If so, surely this ‘finished too early and bored now’ problem (especially in mid-size teams 5-10) should have been picked up on and feedback given by the testers also? If they only tested in full co-ops then no wonder there’s a huge disparity between different sized co-ops. Either way, 6/10 for me, great idea, needs tweaking, hoping for improvements for next time (especially with regards to incentives to continue taking tasks)

These are the very first days of the very first all-new interseasonal.
    Some chaos, slight irritations and frustrations were to be expected.
    But would it also keep it's promise to be something really new, interesting and fun to do?

A big yes! Our whole co-op seems to really enjoy this nice change of pace. Real fun, and I just love it!

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyKitty View Post
    I'm playing with a co-op that is the nicest group of laid back, unassuming, helpful folks in the world (...) The format needs to change so that there is AT LEAST the same number of average tasks available on a regular basis for all co-op members to choose from if not more! Otherwise, some members are having a great time while others are absolutely miserable like myself, who would otherwise LOVE to be doing lots of tasks.
    Surely every bigger team has faced these gray walls in the first days now. To usually share one board of 12 slots with up to 30 racers that have to wait when a task has been taken should be tough enough. Now we have to face a board that can – at least in part – be occupied for days. Was this actually designed to be this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Truliville View Post
    In reading a lot of the comments it looks like a lot are treating this like a regatta race rather then just a fun event. You really don't have to get 9 chest or do a ton of tasks it should be a nice break from the regattas just for fun.
    And I thought the regattas were just for fun
    But regatta or not regatta, one thing will always remain the same: We are all human beings, we all don't want to let our friends and team down.
    So we will always try our best and will always put ourself under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano4England View Post
    I’d also like to add and ask Marissa if she knows whether the beta was set up to accommodate all sizes of co-ops? If so, surely this ‘finished too early and bored now’ problem (especially in mid-size teams 5-10) should have been picked up on and feedback given by the testers also? If they only tested in full co-ops then no wonder there’s a huge disparity between different sized co-ops. Either way, 6/10 for me, great idea, needs tweaking, hoping for improvements for next time (especially with regards to incentives to continue taking tasks)
    There were 30 of us testing in one coop last off season week. No other testers and testing coops I know of

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post

My rewards from beta to give everyone an idea about what different chests can give
    what a cute idea of you, Marisa, and I am happy to see you got these from beta'ing for all your work in this new (or changed) feature.

I don't have a question right now, but really want to thank you for your time here and for your explanations - they are excellent, IMO, not only but also because they are so well understandable for a foreigner (German here).

wish I could send you a balloon...

Thank you, Marisa!

My pleasure! I know from experience how stressful it can be to try and understand these changes on your own. So I’d like to offer a helping hand where I can