Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I Really Need Last 4 Factories?

It’s a good question, I’m in the same boat at level 82, still have 4 factories to buy (and they are ridiculously expensive!!!). I’ve been concentrating more on expanding land than anything else.
    I’ve decided to get the coffee factory and stop there, just because there are a lot of heli orders including those hot drinks (for me anyway) so it could be beneficial. I doubt I’ll be able to save that much again, I like decorations too much lol x

Quote Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
    I’ve decided to get the coffee factory and stop there, just because there are a lot of heli orders including those hot drinks (for me anyway) so it could be beneficial.
    Coffee factory is a good idea IMO; I've just turned to my zoo again, and espresso and moccha is often a hot item there (still adding purchases from the dealer ).
    Had I known the kitchenware uses ore (had looked it up! lol), I wouldn't have bought it so "fast". I will be occupied for centuries with upgrading islands and factories, before I could think of using it there. But as reservoir and to look up what I have it's quite nice, as are all these factories.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ... Had I known the kitchenware uses ore (had looked it up! lol), I wouldn't have bought it so "fast". I will be occupied for centuries with upgrading islands and factories, before I could think of using it there. But as reservoir and to look up what I have it's quite nice, as are all these factories.
    Same here. My kitchenware factory just sits there all full of mugs all the time. Quite a nice use of clay, but hardly essential. I buy pans from the Market. They’re a waste of precious ore at this point.

You don't need those last 4, provided you have Raja's search active and/or a load of higher lvl ingame friends.

But you will want them... And with enough want, want turns to need...

I'm level 84, have all my houses, farming, and community buildings, but the last factory I built was the Mexican Restaurant, and I still haven't discovered Fishermen's Isle. I'm tempted to build the Coffee Factory, because I do see those requests from others quite often (and because I personally LOVE coffee and cappuccino), but I still haven't done so yet (and I currently don't have the money for it anyway).

I never get asked for fish from the island or fish-based items, like Seafood Pizza, at all from the trains or planes.
    Trains never ask for missing-factory items, but planes will ask for them.

I have 30 boxes in the market and have Raja on permanent retainer.

My play style is:
    - I always buy all of the items from the market crates that I can't make because I don't have that factory and/or island.
    - Most times I'm zero on qty for many things, but sometimes I can stockpile (like 20+) on certain items through purchases, like the aforementioned Seafood Pizza.
    - I continue to fill friends' cars and crates as I can and don't sweat it if I can't.
    - If I'm running a helicopter task, then I'll first check the market for items I don't normally make, then I go through the heli orders and automatically dump requests where at least one item is something that I don't make and that I don't CURRENTLY have in stock. I can usually knock out 23 orders in just a couple hours without breaking a sweat. I do have to wait a little while for them to refresh, but there's always plenty that I can easily fill otherwise.

As for my own planes:
    Either I will buy up what I need from Raja directly, ask for the items from my co-op, or I will mark the crates for others to fill. At most, I can fill any plane within 3 hours (if not sooner if I pre-buy and pre-request items from the co-op).

It does mean I spend a lot of coin buying things from the market, but it's much fewer factories for me to have to worry about, and it very much fits with the level of play I'm currently comfortable with. Not to mention, you get more land space by not building all those extra factories.

Brilliant TrickyKitty that's how I play as well and it works fine for me

From what I have experienced, demand DEFINITELY increases once you get the factories, I noticed that early on. I wouldn't get any requests for goods I couldn't make except the random helicopter order or zoo item (rare though), but once I bought the factory, BAM I got planes, trains, everyone asking for those goods. It was overwhelming so maybe that's why I always noticed it. I've been trying to get the down feather for months now, have the others unlocked but just don't have the coin or desire really to buy them, lol. I haven't been asked for kitchenware or instruments at all. I'm occasionally asked for down feather stuff but at a low amount I can buy from the market or request if needed. So I'd say no, it's not required and the time limit seems infinite, otherwise I would have been reprimanded by now for going so long without buying a new factory.