Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I Really Need Last 4 Factories?

Do I Really Need Last 4 Factories?

I am level 82 & haven t bought my last 4 factories. I haven't had any plane or train requests for items made in them . It's also very rare that heli or zoo ask for them. I guess what i want to know is if demand
    for these products would increase after getting the factories or are they not that useful. I actually bought off the market to help friends with these items rather than needing them myself. Would appreciate anyone's experience/ knowledge on this thanks.

Hi Downton, there's no hard and fast rule for buying any of the factories. In my lower levels, I would choose to build the less popular factories, only if I found that I couldn't get by easily enough without them. I now have all the factories in both games, but in my lower level game, I only bought the last 4 factories to enable me to complete the associated regatta tasks.

Since the changes with the seasonal regattas, they are now actually in use far, far less. I bought the last factory just the other day, as the instruments currently are appearing quite often, but until I'm fully upgraded, probably won't be making any of the products requiring ore.

I've never noticed an increase in requests for products, once my factories have been built.

Hi Pink thanks for the reply. That's good to know, I feel better about leaving them until I get further on in my game now. Hopefully when coins aren't such an issue (although I do tend to spend a bit in the zoo,lol).

I haven't bought the last 4 factories and don't intend to do so.
    Helis ask for items which I purchase from Raj.
    Planes and trains never ask for them.
    with regatta tasks I just don't take those I can't complete.
    Mystery tasks will never ask for something you dnt have.

personally I just find more factories means more items to manufacture,
    So I guess it's up to you, but for he so far it's a no no.
    Oh I'm at level 95, but friends at ove 100 have done the same with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I haven't bought the last 4 factories and don't intend to do so.
    Helis ask for items which I purchase from Raj.
    Planes and trains never ask for them.
    with regatta tasks I just don't take those I can't complete.

personally I just find more factories means more items to manufacture,
    So I guess it's up to you, but for he so far it's a no no.
    Oh I'm at level 95, but friends at ove 100 have done the same with no problems.
    Hi - Just so you know, planes can ask for items at factories you haven't build...if you look at the Troubles & Solutions subform here you will see many complaints from people who have leveled up, not built a factory, and then had multiple planes asking for those items they can't make. When this happens, options are to send the plane empty (or partially full), flag the crates with the item and have friends fill them, buy the items from Raj or the market, and/or request those items in your co-op chat window and use them to fill the crates.

Downton - it is really just your personal preference and whether or not it bothers you to get asked for things that you can't make (planes/heli orders). Personally, I always built everything right away because I hate having an order that I can't fill (especially during events like the soon approaching fishing event which requires filling helicopter orders to earn bottle caps for the fishing lures). Also, my co-op buddies were all at a higher level than me, so when they asked for items from factories I didn't have, I felt bad that I could never help. I was excited when I finally leveled up, so that I could help them just as much as they always helped me.

Also, some of the items in the later factories offer really good returns. Like the Porcelain Doll offers lots of coins/XP when you fill planes asking for it or heli orders. I find it helpful to have as many high value items as possible at my disposal when I need coins and active the Generous Customer helicopter order booster. Since I have built everything, I have gotten better offers and made more money when using the booster.

Plenty of people wait to buy factories (or never even bother)...You can get along in the game just fine. For a completist like me, it is always worth it to have everything. But the worst that happens if you don't is the small inconvenience of sometimes getting an order (heli or plane) that you might not be prepared to fill. Also, if a regatta tasks pops up on the board, it will be greyed out for you (like making ukuleles)
    Last edited by kitty4715; 05-21-2018 at 06:26 PM.

I am level 188 and there are still 8 factories I don't have, I believe it makes the game easier for me but there are occasions when the plane asks for something that I cannot make. Usually I can fill the other crates and ask for those items I can't make but sometimes I have to just send the plane away empty.You definitely don't have to buy all the factories to advance in the game. It comes down to personal preference. Having less factories does of course give you more space to design the town as you wish and add more decorations too.

I want to stress this point, as I got 7 pans in the mystery I took as extra yesterday. (Where I have all factories, and the stupid mint too)

In my second town (now level 145) I was smarter and didn't buy the the last factories for long, and surely never ever will buy kitchenware now.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their experience with this. I have to say I'm really pleased to hear how easy it is to cope without them. I like the idea of never getting them. I can certainly still help people by using Raj, meaning no one in my co op or friends will be effected by my decision, so happy days!

Please dnt get so snotty with me Kitty,
    I was talking about MY experience as is plain in my reply.
    My planes and trains don't ask for them.

There really was no need to heighten the quote in red!

Please dnt get so snotty with me Kitty,
    I was talking about MY experience as is plain in my reply.
    My planes and trains don't ask for them.

There really was no need to heighten the quote in red!
    Hi Cuddz.

I assure you that I wasn't trying to be snotty with you. Typically, when I am responding to only a sentence of a person's reply, I will highlight it in some way, usually by marking it in red so it stands out and the person knows why I am quoting their post. I use this technique for things I like and agree with just as much as for things I disagree with or want to ask a question about, etc.

It wasn't clear to me that you were only talking about your experience in the top part of your comment. Had you said "I have never had a plane ask for something from a factory I hadn't built yet," I would have totally understood. As it reads "Planes and trains never ask for them" sounds to me like you are saying that is a rule of the game. Most people are surprised to learn that planes can ask for something that you can't make since not everyone experiences it. I just wanted you and others to know that it is possible if you weren't aware already.

Sorry if my response offended you in any way as that was never my intent. It was a simple miscommunication.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 05-21-2018 at 11:10 PM.